2019 RB Derrian Brown

texifornia

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Honestly most of the posts from their sites I've seen have been pretty classy beyond a couple of nutcases.

Well yeah. Every fanbase mostly has decent people in it. It is just that the nutcases usually dominate the daily chatter.

I would be surprised if even the most mouth-breathing Sooner wouldn't at least feel a little bad for what this kid and his family are going through.

I am so relieved it looks like the surgery was successful. I cannot imagine having this happen to either of my boys.

Edited by Valmy77

I’m not a dr but will this young man be able to play this sport again?  The pinnacle of his youth. Hard work dedication to the craft grinding and grinding and reached his 1st goal of college and this happens.  Thank god for the technology and hands to heal. I

hooe he gets back on track one day and finishes his goals.  Prayers here from the non praying type 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I don’t know how you’d clear somebody after a craniotomy to play football again. 

May not have needed a crani, May have been an intravasculat procedure to coil or stent blood vessel. Not enough information to know for certain. I just hope there are no residual effects for him, and certainly praying for him and his family.

10 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

The real delay on return is getting off anticoagulation, assuming the brain works. That skull will heal in 6 weeks.

Assuming he is going to be on anticoagulation is an over reach. No one know what has happened other than the kid had a seizure and required a procedure to remove blood products from an intracranial source. Lots of mechanisms in that scenario that don't require anticoagulation.

At this point, we all should simply be praying he is neurologically intact and goes on to lead a normal life with or without football.

The only safe assumption in my opinion is that he never plays football again. I certainly wouldn't let my kid.

Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery for the young man.  Looked forward to seeing him play, but if his health wont allow it, wish him all the best success and good health in the future wherever his life takes him.

Edited by tazhorn

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Assuming he is going to be on anticoagulation is an over reach. No one know what has happened other than the kid had a seizure and required a procedure to remove blood products from an intracranial source. Lots of mechanisms in that scenario that don't require anticoagulation.

At this point, we all should simply be praying he is neurologically intact and goes on to lead a normal life with or without football.

The only safe assumption in my opinion is that he never plays football again. I certainly wouldn't let my kid.

I translated “blood clot removed from brain” as likely thrombotic process versus “was bleeding in his brain.” Your point is well taken in that we don’t know his diagnosis with any real certainty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thepop said:

Will donate but didn’t the ncaa get on some player who had a gofundme for something a few years ago?

They ok'd it when LSU helped out Nick Brossette, but there were some rules around it: https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Board/59425/Contents/-FUNDRAISER-for-Nick-Brossettes-family-36893336/

The PR would be so horrific if they cut this kind of thing off, they'll probably find a way to post-rationalize it.

Edited by texifornia

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

The University was able to set up an Andrew Jones account last year that you knew was NCAA approved and legit I donated to.  I'm sure UT will either officially endorse this one (if legit) or set one up

Hope UT gets quick NCAA approval and Tweets it out soon.

Prayers Derrian and Family..... 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

5 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

I translated “blood clot removed from brain” as likely thrombotic process versus “was bleeding in his brain.” Your point is well taken in that we don’t know his diagnosis with any real certainty.

For sure. I don’t even know if my own sniffles are viral or bacterial. So I’ll not venture a guess as to details of a player’s brain injury. 

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

I’ve never crowd funded...apparently this one has been vetted and is legit?

It’s been shared on twitter by multiple people from Buford including teammates and coaches. I felt safe pitching in. 

If all the regulars here pitched in even $10 each, we could make a big difference. Let’s do it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Skipper said:

The University was able to set up an Andrew Jones account last year that you knew was NCAA approved and legit I donated to.  I'm sure UT will either officially endorse this one (if legit) or set one up

Agree..... 

Hope Texas gets approval for existing account, or Compliance may consider reporting that potential alumni contributions have been made to this current account.

Not a good look if NCAA trys to penalize Derrian or Horns for this..... but Compliance still probably needs to document this for cya....

(And yes I know Mizzu got hosed for cooperation with NCAA, but this GoFundMe account is public now.....)