2019 RB Derrian Brown

texifornia

To clarify the Keppra comment, anytime you have intracranial surgery you have potentially created a focus for a seizure. Most Neurosurgeons I know put patient's on Keppra for prophylaxis. More often than not, they come off of it months after.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Pretty incredible update from OB. Hope to god it works out. 

Hide contents

I asked about Brown again this week and received another positive report.

From what I was told, Brown was cleared to travel to the spring game, but could not make it. However, physically, he is doing much better. 

Right now, his speech is at 90 percent, and those close to the situation are optimistic Brown will improve to 100 percent with speech therapy.

In addition, the football plan for Brown has not changed.

Brown is still expected to enroll at Texas this summer and begin classes in June, according to my sources. The plan is for Brown to redshirt this season, rehab, and have doctors in Austin continuously monitor his health and progress. Everyone in the building is optimistic Brown will play football again.

For now, Brown’s health continues to trend in a position direction.

For me..... Not necessary to ever see him play football at Texas.  Thrilled DB's doing so well.

DB..... Just continue with your recovery and get healthy🙏.  Hope to see yah graduate with a degree from The University of Texas!!  🤘

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...