NCAA week 4

NowThis

Staying away from TCU. They shot their wad in Arlington vs. OSU. Not sure what sorta bounce back they will have this weekend.  After Q1 Texas cruised v. SC and that may well carry over to this weekend.   Gun to my head would take the 3 that Texas is getting.

Kansas is getting 10 at Baylor and is +12 turnovers, that's +12, in it's last 2 games.   That is an unbelievable stat.  Don't care who or what team you are talking about but that is crazy.   Baylor is nothing special, so go ahead and take those KU points I guess.

I guess I will try again this week-  although after getting bitch slapped like I've never been slapped before, we shall see.

My prelim thoughts

small play on Bama covering,  cause, fuck aggy

Oregon st -7   kinda seems like the lock of the week-  thoughts?

Syracuse getting -27.5  also seems like a bit of an overreaction to last weeks win.... although CT sucks shit through a straw. 

Notre Dame -7.5   actually seems like a good play here.   I dont think they are that good, but I can see them winning by 10

Standford +2    even with it being an away game seems like a good ML play.   maybe a small one

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I guess I will try again this week-  although after getting bitch slapped like I've never been slapped before, we shall see.

My prelim thoughts

Syracuse getting -27.5  also seems like a bit of an overreaction to last weeks win.... although CT sucks shit through a straw. 

Notre Dame -7.5   actually seems like a good play here.   I dont think they are that good, but I can see them winning by 10

Standford +2    even with it being an away game seems like a good ML play.   maybe a small one

Washington St is my lock of the month.  USC is a dumpster and they should win straight up

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

My prelim thoughts

I'm sure it was just a typo but in case anyone has a heart attack, that line is Oregon State +7.

You guys can bet on Mike Leach if you want, but I will never touch another motherfucking game that guy is involved in.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I'm sure it was just a typo but in case anyone has a heart attack, that line is Oregon State +7.

You guys can bet on Mike Leach if you want, but I will never touch another motherfucking game that guy is involved in.

you are correct that was a typo, its Oregon State +7  (now +6.5).... but no idea why you are talking about Leach.      Last I checked, he was coaching Washington State

Oregon State plays Arizona.... home of the fightin Kevin Summies  at home.

Ive got FAU at +13.5 and Oregon at -2

cruisous to your thoughts on those games?

MO:watching UCF early on they have a good solid methodical team but don't jump off the screen in any facet of the game.  And although they have posted lopsided scores, these games were way closer than the final margin.  I can seem them wearing down FAU and winning by two scores, but FAU has great team speed that UCF hasn't faced yet.  They also had a good ground game test against Air Force and the triple option.  I think UCF's main weapon is the running game and QB.  He's a better Sam.  It's low on my confidence but can seeing FAU making this their superbowl and playing them tight.  Interested on your thoughts...

Oregon:  The return of the Oregon QB (6-1 before season ending injury) is my reason here.  Yes Love returns, but to a mediocre rushing offense.  The QB and huge receiver do pose a real threat, but night home game, I can see the ducks by a field goal.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Ive got FAU at +13.5 and Oregon at -2

cruisous to your thoughts on those games?

MO:watching UCF early on they have a good solid methodical team but don't jump off the screen in any facet of the game.  And although they have posted lopsided scores, these games were way closer than the final margin.  I can seem them wearing down FAU and winning by two scores, but FAU has great team speed that UCF hasn't faced yet.  They also had a good ground game test against Air Force and the triple option.  I think UCF's main weapon is the running game and QB.  He's a better Sam.  It's low on my confidence but can seeing FAU making this their superbowl and playing them tight.  Interested on your thoughts...

Oregon:  The return of the Oregon QB (6-1 before season ending injury) is my reason here.  Yes Love returns, but to a mediocre rushing offense.  The QB and huge receiver do pose a real threat, but night home game, I can see the ducks by a field goal.

You've given these games more thought than I have, I admit. 

I'm going more off of historical trends here... Stanford generally is a team that frustrates Oregon, shuts down their offense, and makes them play Stanford's type of game.  I feel like Stanford will slow tempo enough to grind out a win, like they generally do in this game.  I think Stanford is good this year, based on what I've seen so far.  Oregon has not really impressed me yet.

If my understanding is correct, UCF's team this year is basically the same team they had last year, which is a very very good football team.  FAU fell completely flat against OU in the opener, which is a game that I would have expected them to put up more than a sputterance of offense, given OU's tendency on defense to give up big plays.  Basically, while I think UCF this year is on par with its team last year, I think FAU is much worse than it was last year.  I think UCF will continue to roll in this one, as they have so far all season. 

On 9/17/2018 at 2:01 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

My prelim thoughts

So here are the bets I made.

Bama -26.5      .5 units

ND -7.5     1 unit

Oregon State +6.5   1 unit

Stanford -1.5    1 unit  (double checked and yes, that line moved from +2 to -2)

Georgia -14.5   1 unit

Michigan  -18.5      .5 units

Oregon State ML   .5 unit

Washington State +167 @ USC
Navy @ SMU +6
Louisville +5.5 @ Virginia
Clemson @ Georgia Tech +16
Miami (OH) @ Bowling Green (+6.5)
North Texas -12.5 @ Liberty
Louisiana Tech @ LSU-19.5
Florida @ Tennessee +3.5
NC State -5.5 @ Marshall
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma State -14
New Mexico State @ UTEP +3
South Alabama +31.5 @ Memphis
Wisconsin -3 @ Iowa
Air Force +10.5 @ Utah State

So far I've learned that if I bet on something bet the opposite and you'll win.  That being said my open bets are:

Oregon +2.5

Oregon State ML

Texas ML

Northern Ill ML

KSU +16

Purdue ML

Wake ML

Mizzou +14.5

Mich -17.5

edit to add I won the over last night on Wazzu.  

Edited by SDG

On 9/21/2018 at 8:36 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

So here are the bets I made.

Bama -26.5      .5 units   LOSE

ND -7.5     1 unit  WIN

Oregon State +6.5   1 unit

Stanford -1.5    1 unit  (double checked and yes, that line moved from +2 to -2)

Georgia -14.5   1 unit  LOSE-  that mother fucking kicker.

Michigan  -18.5      .5 units  WIN

Oregon State ML   .5 unit

2-2.     sigh.