Devonaire Clarington sighting

MaybeACoordinator

Scores TD for Northland Community and Technical College in upset loss to Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College. 

I am not making these schools up. Others in the conference include North Dakota State College of Science, Mesabi Range College, Minnesota West, Minnesota State-Fergus Falls, and Dakota State. 

Ah, the Florida 5. 

Cecil Cherry is now at Grambling, Tim Irvin is at East Carolina, You just found Devo, and I have no idea where Gilbert Johnson is at now. At one point he was at something called Mars Hill University, but I don't think he's there anymore.

Davante Davis is the only one who stuck, all the other guys not only failed to stick here, they also failed to stick at their second landing spots. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Scores TD for Northland Community and Technical College in upset loss to Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College. 

I am not making these schools up. Others in the conference include North Dakota State College of Science, Mesabi Range College, Minnesota West, Minnesota State-Fergus Falls, and Dakota State. 

Dakota State is NAIA, not NJCAA. A guy who played football there was in our group at the Rose Bowl. He told a few people that he played for the Trojans in the early 80s, which he did.  /csb

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

12 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He was at Blinn and played really well, but man, if you can't bust a 2.0 there...

With our luck, he'll show out well at some combine, end up getting a Free Agent contract, sign with a scout team, get a chance when the two roster tight ends go down in a freak boating accident, and become an all-pro. 

25 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He was at Blinn and played really well, but man, if you can't bust a 2.0 there...

Well, it was Blinn and he was a Longhorn commit...not saying Blinn is a corrupt aggie feeder but they are a corrupt aggie feeder.

Edited by Goodman

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2018 at 5:22 AM, Lonestar88 said:

Ah, the Florida 5. 

Cecil Cherry is now at Grambling, Tim Irvin is at East Carolina, You just found Devo, and I have no idea where Gilbert Johnson is at now. At one point he was at something called Mars Hill University, but I don't think he's there anymore.

Davante Davis is the only one who stuck, all the other guys not only failed to stick here, they also failed to stick at their second landing spots. 

Sir their young men calm down God have their backs. 🙏

He's my son sir why you think this ?

On 9/17/2018 at 10:02 AM, Hiphopopotamos said:

Took a look at their roster - almost no kids from Minnesota playing for a small community/technical school in Minnesota.  A ton of Florida kids and even one from Texas.  They must have a hell of a recruiting budget.

7 minutes ago, vickii305 said:

Devonaire 💥

The kid that was once committed to Texas or the kid with the same name?  The original Devo was a fan favorite that many of us routed for to eventually make it to campus.  We wish him well.  

The other guy being brought up here was a matter of confusion.

• 7 months later...

Not every kid has what it takes to follow a degree plan at a university while focusing on football. 

Why not have a path that involves juco and taking money management classes and other classes that can help a prospective professional athlete?

downside I’m guessing is the level of coaching, competition, facilities, and nutrition but maybe if one or two players get to some big money contracts they can help in that area. 

Men that have the talent to be nfl players shouldn’t be more or less forced into a university for at least 3 years in order to get there. 

• Like 1