SIAP: Malcolm Roach has fracture in foot could miss next couple months

C-Man

Texas junior linebacker Malcolm Roach could miss the next two months with a fracture in his foot, Longhorns coach Tom Herman said Monday.

Roach, who will undergo surgery, suffered the injury during the first half of Saturday's 37-14 win over USC.

Roach had eight tackles this season.

Texas plays No. 17 TCU this weekend.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24712955/malcolm-roach-texas-longhorns-broken-foot

I love what Malcolm Roach brings to the defense when he is in position to deliver. I don't think he was in position to deliver at the LB spot. It's similar to the silliness we saw last year at the beginning with Hagar being out of position. The defense is better off with Roach at DE and McCullough playing LB. I hope Roach gets to redshirt and come back as a DE. I'm not happy he's out, but this isn't the negative I would have believed it was if I'd been told this in the summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I love what Malcolm Roach brings to the defense when he is in position to deliver. I don't think he was in position to deliver at the LB spot. It's similar to the silliness we saw last year at the beginning with Hagar being out of position. The defense is better off with Roach at DE and McCullough playing LB. I hope Roach gets to redshirt and come back as a DE. I'm not happy he's out, but this isn't the negative I would have believed it was if I'd been told this in the summer.

This is where I'm at.

I'm more concerned about how long Ingram is going to be out.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yes.

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

This is where I'm at.

I'm more concerned about how long Ingram is going to be out.

And yes.

5 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I never read exactly what Beck's injury was. Lisfranc seems likely, seeing as he was lost for the season before it started. Jones fracture in August seems like the door might have been left open for November return.

Didn't Herman say that Beck could've played in the bowl game but they didn't want to use up eligibility over one game.

This sucks but as everyone has said, he needs to redshirt and come back to his original position. Since he’s a Charlie recruit, do you think he’d transfer if he were hypothetically disgruntled?

Hope Dele and Overshown get back soon.
Never heard anything about Roach being disgruntled..

And he'll have a starting job as a DE next year, no reason to leave.

7 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
7 hours ago, Domedriver said:
Red shirt, power chunk the fuck up and be a DE next year!
NFL Big $$$ and dead QBs!

This. I'm recovering from a broken fibulia down by the ankle and it sucks. Foot has got to be worse.

Can you take over at LB?  When you get off IR, that is.

3 hours ago, cafe society said:

Didn't Herman say that Beck could've played in the bowl game but they didn't want to use up eligibility over one game.

He may well have. I remembered the sentiment as expressed in the run up to Maryland 1.0. Also, it isn’t that Lisfranc injuries always end seasons but rather that they tend to be more serious than MT5 fxs— there is ligamentous injury and often more than one bone/joint involved. I am grateful that TH was not so foolish as to burn a year of eligibility for the bowl.