Scuffle at the UT/USC Game: Was This Any Shagsters?

Vic Mackey

Wow, just saw this.  A buddy of mine is in the background (row below) making little to no break-up effort, which makes me think the backstory may be correct (I hope it is, so we have a very justifiable beat down).  However, my friend sits in Section 5 and this does look more like 3, as someone mentioned above.

Will report back with any details I get.

Need this kind of crowd energy for TCU as well.  

• Like 1

Okay, got the story from my friend that was one row below the fracas:

"Here’s the story, some jackass from USC, who was on some kind of California drugs, created an issue about 3 rows up, not sure what it was about.  The big dude, who eventually kicks his ass, grabbed the USC guy and was restraining him, actually being the peace maker at that point.  UT Guy said he would let him go if he would sit down, the guy said ok then took a huge round house swing at UT Guy and missed….big mistake.  That’s when the video picks it up."

He also said he knows the guy/dad that was administering the beating and it was his first ever Texas game.  Said he was never gonna miss another one! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a little blurry but I'm almost certain I know a guy in the background a few rows below the fight. Next time I see him I'll ask him what he knows.
Any by the way, the guy that beat the punk is not that old.

If it’s the guy with the burnt orange pole that comes into focus as soon as the sc fan goes ass over tea kettle, then I know him too. I’m 95% that’s TG.

I got in a rumble in DKR back in ‘87 against what was then North Texas State.  We had some drunk frat punks from North Texas take seats in the row behind us and they were very drunk and obnoxious, whistling, screaming cursing, flopping around, almost gets into it with folks behind them, and after he kicked me in my back a couple of times, I asked him i he could “Mellow out a little?”  

He immediately put me in a head lock from behind and before I could do anything, my buddy ripped him off of me.  My buddy was a very compact 5’7” athlete, and had the guy by the scruf of his neck and was bashing his face into the underside of the bench behind me.

The drunk frat’s buddy did not like me flagging the police and took a swing at me.  Now I am not small, nor compact.  I am 6’2” 195 lbs professional rock climber/mountaineer who had been weight training and climbing all summer.  It was a great pleasure to land 6 of the best round house punches I have ever landed.  And a round house from me comes all the way from West Texas as I have an almost 6’8” wing span.

I had the guy by his shirt and was about to break his nose with a hammer fist when the police wrapped me up.

Just like this time, the Police interviewed the folks around us and I heard this old lady tell them, “The boy there is drunk and cursing and causing problems.  He attacked that big guy, and that little guy yanked him off and beat him up!”

They arrested the North Texas punks and we got to see us win a lackluster game in the last 2 minutes...

Down on San Jac, an old man in a Longhorn suit came up and said, “Son let me shake your hand, you were the best part of the first half!”

A righteous beat down of the enemy is always very satisfying!

Edited by Domedriver
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

I got in a rumble in DKR back in ‘87 against what was then North Texas State.  We had some drunk frat punks from North Texas take seats in the row behind us and they were very drunk and obnoxious, whistling, screaming cursing, flopping around, almost gets into it with folks behind them, and after he kicked me in my back a couple of times, I asked him i he could “Mellow out a little?”  

He immediately put me in a head lock from behind and before I could do anything, my buddy ripped him off of me.  My buddy was a very compact 5’7” athlete, and had the guy by the scruf of his neck and was bashing his face into the underside of the bench behind me.

The drunk frat’s buddy did not like me flagging the police and took a swing at me.  Now I am not small, nor compact.  I am 6’2” 195 lbs professional rock climber/mountaineer who had been weight training and climbing all summer.  It was a great pleasure to land 6 of the best round house punches I have ever landed.  And a round house from me comes all the way from West Texas as I have an almost 6’8” wing span.

I had the guy by his shirt and was about to break his nose with a hammer fist when the police wrapped me up.

Just like this time, the Police interviewed the folks around us and I heard this old lady tell them, “The boy there is drunk and cursing and causing problems.  He attacked that big guy, and that little guy yanked him off and beat him up!”

They arrested the North Texas punks and we got to see us win a lackluster game in the last 2 minutes...

Down on San Jac, an old man in a Longhorn suit came up and said, “Son let me shake your hand, you were the best part of the first half!”

'88 my good man. But great story. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Domedriver said:

My freshman year was the fall '88.  We were losing very very late in 4th to NTSU.  We headed to Dobie and heard the cannon go off.  Never left a game early after that (well maybe one of the OU beat downs in the rain), even stayed to the gun for Miami.

Edited by jdhorn92
sp
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Don't believe that backstory, but that was a good beat-down. Every video I see of a stadium fight with a guy in a lower row taking a swing at someone above him pisses me off. My first thought is always to yank the fucker down, get his bearings off, then beat his ass. This is a fight, rules be damned, kick his ass.

When I was a Freshman at the Texas-OU game I sat behind a Texas Cowboy and his girlfriend that were drunk off their asses.  An old Okie was in front of them probably mid 60 to early 70s hard to tell sometimes when a body is out in the sun all day they age faster.  He had that wiry farmer type body and crew cut that left his ears hanging out a ways.

The Texas Cowboy was right behind him and started flickin the old guy's ears.  He turned and laughed at his GF when the farmer turned around.  Cowboy did it one more time and the old guy stood up and grabbed him by the shirt and dropped him head first at his feet and punched him 3 times.

He then nodded at his wife and got up and walked out. 

Cowboy then asked girlfriend to help him find his tooth.

Cops came 2 minutes later and they had stopped Sooner at the exit until I said, arrest that drunk Texas student and let the old guy go.

So it does not matter the generation, same stuff different decade.

With all the beers being handed around, I’m going to have to humbly come forward and say that yes, it was I in the video teaching a lesson to that USC punk.  The real story is that he had an inflatable Bevo he kept dry humping while screaming “Rout 66!!!  Rout 66!!!  Bevo’s the Pac12’s BITCH!!!” with orgasmic gusto.  I asked him politely to stop cursing because there were women and children present.  The punk sneered millennially, snatched my Stetson and said, “Here, old man, let me shape that hat for ya!”  That’s where the video picks up.

I’m not proud of my actions.  I’m no hero.  I’m just a guy that bleeds orange and won’t stand for our great university (or my hat) being disrespected.

Please send all beer donations to:

Goredho

1431 Wickford Way,

Austin, TX 78759

• Haha 1

I would be lying if I told you that I didn't feel a little excited about the controlled aggression.  Righteous anger on full display.  There have been times... moments in the past few years when I've almost thought there might be a chance.  That I could control it.  To harness that power for the good of all. Yet always the dream dies. It becomes madness.  He takes control.  And each time, it seems worse than before.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Domedriver said:

bill-brasky.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Goredho said:

With all the beers being handed around, I’m going to have to humbly come forward and say that yes, it was I in the video teaching a lesson to that USC punk.  The real story is that he had an inflatable Bevo he kept dry humping while screaming “Rout 66!!!  Rout 66!!!  Bevo’s the Pac12’s BITCH!!!” with orgasmic gusto.  I asked him politely to stop cursing because there were women and children present.  The punk sneered millennially, snatched my Stetson and said, “Here, old man, let me shape that hat for ya!”  That’s where the video picks up.

I’m not proud of my actions.  I’m no hero.  I’m just a guy that bleeds orange and won’t stand for our great university (or my hat) being disrespected.

Goredho

1431 Wickford Way,

Austin, TX 78759

imgur

13 hours ago, Goredho said:

Goredho

1431 Wickford Way,

Austin, TX 78759 78704

Please tell me that's an Akita reference

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

The kid minding his own business eating popcorn makes that vid

He doesn't have much sense just sitting there. That punch-able guy must have landed in his lap. 

Had a similar issue at a recent astros game. About 4 or 5  guys sitting behind my daughter and her friend where going off with the language until I turned around and did the stare down. The two young guys left and the two older guys shut up or left. One was pretty embarrassed. He told the other guys to shut up before the security showed up to throw them out. My daughter ask to leave awhile later, not wanting anymore issues. The younger guys where hitting the sauce pretty hard and didn't care for the game at all. As we where leaving the two younger guys came back starting all over again. Should have called security as I left. Felt bad for the other people (women) in the area.

Millennials

49 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

He doesn't have much sense just sitting there. That punch-able guy must have landed in his lap. 

Had a similar issue at a recent astros game. About 4 or 5  guys sitting behind my daughter and her friend where going off with the language until I turned around and did the stare down. The two young guys left and the two older guys shut up or left. One was pretty embarrassed. He told the other guys to shut up before the security showed up to throw them out. My daughter ask to leave awhile later, not wanting anymore issues. The younger guys where hitting the sauce pretty hard and didn't care for the game at all. As we where leaving the two younger guys came back starting all over again. Should have called security as I left. Felt bad for the other people (women) in the area.

Millennials

Well, that story went no where.  There's not even anything to fapp to.

51 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

Start over and tell us about how you turned around and one of them was like “what are you looking at, fuckface”, so you bitch-slapped him so hard that you knocked him down, and the others saw that and literally shat their pants, and the police arrived and the people around were like “no, ckhorn is the hero, arrest those assholes”, and they did, and then everybody patted you on the back and offered to buy you a beer.

13 hours ago, OrangeBlack&Gold said:

I'm not sure why I read all the way through to Page #3 of this crazy thread, but I'd just like to sincerely thank ckhorn, and especially every single response, for making the trip worthwhile.  Haven't had that good a laugh in a good long while.

Orange, black, and gold sounds hideous. 

On 9/18/2018 at 11:49 AM, BurdineBandit said:

Don't believe that backstory, but that was a good beat-down. Every video I see of a stadium fight with a guy in a lower row taking a swing at someone above him pisses me off. My first thought is always to yank the fucker down, get his bearings off, then beat his ass. This is a fight, rules be damned, kick his ass.

Important information everyone needs to know.  This advice should be part of college orientation.  If you have the upper row, you can't let yourself be taken down.  Reverse of this advice if you are lower.

On 9/18/2018 at 4:30 PM, hobbs said:

Okay, got the story from my friend that was one row below the fracas:

"Here’s the story, some jackass from USC, who was on some kind of California drugs, created an issue about 3 rows up, not sure what it was about.  The big dude, who eventually kicks his ass, grabbed the USC guy and was restraining him, actually being the peace maker at that point.  UT Guy said he would let him go if he would sit down, the guy said ok then took a huge round house swing at UT Guy and missed….big mistake.  That’s when the video picks it up."

He also said he knows the guy/dad that was administering the beating and it was his first ever Texas game.  Said he was never gonna miss another one! 

A double dose of "kick ass" was spilled all over the field & stands last Saturday, from the sounds of it...

On 9/18/2018 at 3:52 PM, hobbs said:

Wow, just saw this.  A buddy of mine is in the background (row below) making little to no break-up effort, which makes me think the backstory may be correct (I hope it is, so we have a very justifiable beat down).  However, my friend sits in Section 5 and this does look more like 3, as someone mentioned above.

Will report back with any details I get.

Need this kind of crowd energy for TCU as well.  

It's section 3. Happened 2 rows in front of a friend, he's not a surly poster and wasn't aware of the photo but told me about it.  USC fan got drunk and rowdy, started talking shit, one of our fans took him down