MNF: Seahawks @ Bears

spystud13

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Oakland, y'all feel good with this $100mill for Gruden and allowing Mack to leave? Lmao. Might be the best defensive player in the league right now.

Not only did they spend an exorbitant amount of money for a coach whose abilities have never come close to matching his legend, but that coach is also undermining a GM who has done a pretty good job of assembling talent during his tenure so far. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

What was the company line on that deal?

Gruden came out and said Mack did not want to be there and Gruden doesn't want to have players who don't want to be there. Some bullshit like that. I get that Mack was holding out but you have to find a way to keep him. I'd rather have a sure fire player right now than future draft picks who may or may not be worth a shit. Oakland in 2016 was considered the future of the AFC with Carr. They look pretty bad so far. 

Then Gruden made a comment after the Denver loss about not being able to get pressure as much as he'd like and that he might have to blitz more to make that happen. I chuckled at that. 

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Gruden came out and said Mack did not want to be there and Gruden doesn't want to have players who don't want to be there. Some bullshit like that. I get that Mack was holding out but you have to find a way to keep him. I'd rather have a sure fire player right now than future draft picks who may or may not be worth a shit. Oakland in 2016 was considered the future of the AFC with Carr. They look pretty bad so far. 

Then Gruden made a comment after the Denver loss about not being able to get pressure as much as he'd like and that he might have to blitz more to make that happen. I chuckled at that. 

Gruden has singlehandedly sucked the life out of that franchise. 

2 minutes ago, qwertyu1234 said:

Mack and Donald are the only acceptable answer with the aggy as a distant 3rd.

Crazy thing was, the Rams were going hard at getting Mack. Think about having Mack and Donald on the same team. Now it would have only been for one season as they would have traded him away after this season but still. Rams are all in to win here very soon. I enjoy GMs like that. Proactive and get shit done. Unlike here in Dallas where we have been "in the process" for a few decades now. With the way the NFL is these days, building for the future is a dangerous thing. Teams come and go so quickly. Rams have instantly been transformed to a Super Bowl contender almost overnight. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Mitch Trubisky is a fucking terrible pro QB. It’s not going to get better. They wasted a 2 on him. Wow. 

He looks OK outside the pocket but his accuracy in the pocket is scary-bad. That's not something that gets magically better, either, usually.

And to make things worse, they actually traded up for him.

Edited by Machinator

Just now, Machinator said:

He looks OK outside the pocket but his accuracy in the pocket is scary-bad. That's not something that gets magically better, either, usually.

And to make things worse, they actually traded up for him.

Dude he’s terrible. Awful. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Thx. Sounds like a solid decision for a guy who hasn’t coached in years and needs every advantage he can get. Not to mention he’s probably nothing more than a PR coach to help appease the lame duck fans until the move and will never get any personal benefit out of any draft choices they got.