70th Emmy Awards

RPM

Have to bail before this ends, but apparently the theme to night is diversity in Hollywood. More blacks, asians, LGBQT and women nominated than ever. So naturally the first Emmy (Supporting Actor in a Comedy) went to Henry Winkler for Barry. Fonzie finally won. Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Did I jinx you? 

GOT, Outstanding Drama Series

Naa, I had something to do at 10. Glad GOT won. Westworld was the only serious competition. 

2 hours ago, woohorn said:

Didn't they mention something about Rick and Morty? I didn't see anything.

Couldn't hear what he said at the end.

• Like 1

really terrible emmy's.  not the winners, that part was fine.

the backdrop was brutal and looked to be from the late 1980's.  half the time people were talking, the gray curtains cut off the right and left sides of the screen, it looked like i was watching something in standard def.  grouping all the comedy together, all the reality, then all the drama, seemed like an odd choice made for no reason.  announcing all the nominees before announcing the presenter who would open the envelope was off-putting.  and it made the always awkward banter portion even more so.

this is also like year 3 of award shows harping on diversity.  i get that they're trying really hard to make it topical and funny at the same time, but that's very difficult, and was not achieved last night.  all the talk of it sounded especially self-congratulatory, even for a hollywood award show.  "this is the most diverse group of nominees ever!"  yeah, of course there's more diversity, because there are 3x as many categories as there used to be, and some categories have 6-8 nominees.

was glad that schlock like this is us didn't get rewarded like it had before.  ditto stranger things.  maisel, barry, got, versace - good shows got recognized.  glad rhys won.  that show was painfully under-awarded through its run.

overall, way too much snl flavor.  guess that's what happens when it's on nbc and their primetime lineup sucks.

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

really terrible emmy's.  not the winners, that part was fine.

the backdrop was brutal and looked to be from the late 1980's.  half the time people were talking, the gray curtains cut off the right and left sides of the screen, it looked like i was watching something in standard def.  grouping all the comedy together, all the reality, then all the drama, seemed like an odd choice made for no reason.  announcing all the nominees before announcing the presenter who would open the envelope was off-putting.  and it made the always awkward banter portion even more so.

this is also like year 3 of award shows harping on diversity.  i get that they're trying really hard to make it topical and funny at the same time, but that's very difficult, and was not achieved last night.  all the talk of it sounded especially self-congratulatory, even for a hollywood award show.  "this is the most diverse group of nominees ever!"  yeah, of course there's more diversity, because there are 3x as many categories as there used to be, and some categories have 6-8 nominees.

was glad that schlock like this is us didn't get rewarded like it had before.  ditto stranger things.  maisel, barry, got, versace - good shows got recognized.  glad rhys won.  that show was painfully under-awarded through its run.

overall, way too much snl flavor.  guess that's what happens when it's on nbc and their primetime lineup sucks.

Least watched Emmy's in history-

'

In the final official ratings, the Emmys adjusted up from their preliminary 2.1 to a 2.4 rating in adults 18-49, down a tenth from the 2.5 final that last year’s Emmys had scored, and a new low in the demo for the awards show. The Emmys adjusted up from a preliminary audience of 9.08 million to 10.17 million in the finals as well. Not only was this down from last year’s 11.38 million viewers, but it was also the Emmys’ all-time smallest audience.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-monday-sept-17-2018/