What's the best way to ward off neighborhood cats

52-80

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

A bowl of antifreeze left out overnight will do the trick.

We laced a saucer of milk with strict 9. Their moaning and coughing was annoying for about 15 minutes, but it was highly effective. It's a hell of a lot quicker than bashing their skulls with a rock. They move quick.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

We laced a saucer of milk with strict 9. Their moaning and coughing was annoying for about 15 minutes, but it was highly effective. It's a hell of a lot quicker than bashing their skulls with a rock. They move quick.

Strict 9? That's the opposite of lenient 9, right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fuck all yall suggesting killing someone's pet.

Yea,  I get the frustration though.   Most people don't  let their dogs just roam free digging and shitting in their neighbors yards, yet somehow cats get a free pass.  I hate feral cats because they piss on my porch and shit in my garden.   Can't tell you how many times I've been doing yard work, pull weeds or plants and I find a nice chunk of shit.  

Id never kill one though.*  Maybe cayenne pepper is the answer.  It seemed to piss of the squirrels that were eating my bird seed.

*might not slam on thr brakes or swerve if one runs in front of my car either. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I sprinkle cayenne pepper in the bushes where cats go to piss and shit and they stop it immediately. I don’t really care about the stray that lounges on the roof of my car. But the first time a female cat pisses in your bushes and get cayenne up her twat will run away quick like

Yeah they sell some spray that is mostly cayenne that works to keep squirrels away from bulbs and flower shoots, too.  Keep off or something like that.  Basically spray Tabasco.  Cats don't like citrus either.

• 2 years later...

I have killed three cats with a pellet gun in the 15 years I have lived at my current location. I think the first two were feral or dumped. The last one had a collar on it. When I threw the body in the dumpster, I hung the collar on the little handle thing on the dumpster so that everyone would see it.

I like songbirds and lizards but I don't like cats, cat piss, cat shit, or cat footprints on my vehicles, so fuck em all.

25 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I have killed three cats with a pellet gun in the 15 years I have lived at my current location. I think the first two were feral or dumped. The last one had a collar on it. When I threw the body in the dumpster, I hung the collar on the little handle thing on the dumpster so that everyone would see it.

I like songbirds and lizards but I don't like cats, cat piss, cat shit, or cat footprints on my vehicles, so fuck em all.

If that had been my cat's collar I would have come and beat your ass.  That said, our cats don't go outside for extended periods.

• Hook 'Em 1