Super Bowl LIII- call it now

Goo Punch

5 minutes ago, Monty86 said:

Man as much as I'd like it to be Chiefs, the D isn't good enough.  They'll win it next year though on the 50th anniversary of their only title so I'm calling that one now.

I guess Rams over Jax for this one.

in all honesty my gut pick was going to be rams > chiefs, but in a chiefs fan and homer so i said screw it. outstanding offense, really good special teams, and just enough defense to get it done.

See a lot of Rams on here (and for good reason) but would like to see how they look against good teams. Cardinals and Raiders are bottom 5 teams this year.

If you look at their schedule, they have a shit ton of tough games. Here’s the remaining schedule. Remember they have the 2nd worst home field advantage behind their neighbors.

Home: LAC, MIN, GB, SEA, KC, PHI, SF

Away: SEA, DEN, SF, NO, DET, CHI, ARI

2 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

See a lot of Rams on here (and for good reason) but would like to see how they look against good teams. Cardinals and Raiders are bottom 5 teams this year.

If you look at their schedule, they have a shit ton of tough games. Here’s the remaining schedule. Remember they have the 2nd worst home field advantage behind their neighbors.

Home: LAC, MIN, GB, SEA, KC, PHI, SF

Away: SEA, DEN, SF, NO, DET, CHI, ARI

I don't follow the NFL that closely, but I did notice that the Rams seemed to be going all in for this season. 

The Saints almost lost to the Browns and got beat by Tampa. They ain't doing shit this year. 

As much as I love that Jacksonville D, I don't see Blake Bortles winning a Super Bowl. 

Too many people on the Rams bandwagon. Whenever someone gets anointed like this, it seems like shit doesn't work out. 

Chiefs D isn't good enough.

That's why I'm gonna say Cowboys over Texans.

JK - Pats over Vikings. Brady retires after. It will suck balls.

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Too many people on the Rams bandwagon. Whenever someone gets anointed like this, it seems like shit doesn't work out

Normally, I would agree with you. Their weak link is quarterback--not that Goff is bad, he's just not Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, or Wilson--and those are typically the guys you have to beat to get to and win Super Bowls.

But, we live in a world where Nick fucking Foles out-dueled Tom Brady in a Super Bowl that Brady threw for 500 yards in, so who knows anymore. The rules make it as easy on young quarterbacks as it's ever been.

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Chiefs > Rams

Unfortunately for the Rams, I think they have two major problems. That is...they folded like a cheap tent in the playoffs last season, and I am concerned that this will become their legacy. They wouldn't be the first really good team to get the yips in January. The second is, I refuse to believe that a team can successfully navigate an entire season with those cancers like Suh and Marcus Peters. Sure things are great right now, when they've been able to kick the shithead Raiders and Cardinals in the balls. But when adversity hits, I will be interested to see if they are leaders, or a problem. I know which one my money is on.

And having said all that, now laugh when I predict the Vikings to defeat the....Bengals in the Super Bowl. 30-17. I can be a hypocrite, who gives a fuck.

Super Bowl MVP Kyle Rudolph. First Tight End to ever win Super Bowl MVP.

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Normally, I would agree with you. Their weak link is quarterback--not that Goff is bad, he's just not Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, or Wilson--and those are typically the guys you have to beat to get to and win Super Bowls.

But, we live in a world where Nick fucking Foles out-dueled Tom Brady in a Super Bowl that Brady threw for 500 yards in, so who knows anymore. The rules make it as easy on young quarterbacks as it's ever been.

I really doubt Brees and Wilson are going to be threats this year you have to go through. Especially Wilson and Seattle. They look awful so far. One of the worst OL in the league.