Surly Podcast #4 9/19/18

immamac

2 hours ago, immamac said:

P.S. Sorry about the audio quality we dont have a mic boom yet

Hooray! Those thuds and finger drums on someone's desk were rough lol. Also, may want to do a compression/normalization pass on each person's audio - Bob went from quiet to fucking loud in a couple of places. Great podcast otherwise, loving how absurdly niche it is lol

we did it all in the same room and had omnidirectional mode on without a boom, won't happen again as we have thought through the setup after, but needed to get recording!

I didn't multi-track this time due to the room setup not being conducive to a 2 mic setup without getting noise from eachothers with 3 people.

@UcancallmeSurly Typical Texas boy from Fort Worth. Got into UT and TAMU, but was lured in by a slightly higher Mech E program (at the time) at TAMU. Had tons of friends at Texas and spent most of my college days (especially jr/sr yrs) in Austin rather than College Station. 

Never rooted against the Horns except on Thanksgiving every year, but that tradition is dead now. 

Blackab and I started a software company together (I was one of the co-founders of drillMap) and spent probably 80-100 hours a week together for the better part of 5 years, safe to say we know each other really really well and he's one of my closest friends.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

@UcancallmeSurly Typical Texas boy from Fort Worth. Got into UT and TAMU, but was lured in by a slightly higher Mech E program (at the time) at TAMU. Had tons of friends at Texas and spent most of my college days (especially jr/sr yrs) in Austin rather than College Station. 

Never rooted against the Horns except on Thanksgiving every year, but that tradition is dead now. 

Blackab and I started a software company together (I was one of the co-founders of drillMap) and spent probably 80-100 hours a week together for the better part of 5 years, safe to say we know each other really really well and he's one of my closest friends.

Bueno.

The chemistry & vibe is solid, I’m already anticipating each podcast & the potential is unlimited.  JT’s involvement tday was great & had me thinking of the possibilities..  the Surly has some characters ready for prime time no doubt.

keep rolling brother!

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Just goes to show you all Aggys ain't bad. Most, but not all.

Looking forward to Lee Harvey's again this year. 

The Kevin stories were great - fills in some holes.  I still blame Ashish.  3 months of a solid ground game with recent graduates hitting the road would have delivered 5000 users and the critical mass necessary to hit the mid-market.  Product, not platform.

Derka: he's part of the landscape around here.

On 9/19/2018 at 12:50 PM, immamac said:

How do you have time to run wild?

Enjoyed it! Keep up the good work.

And JT or TJ...who cares. It’s all good.

And for the record, here’s the “JT Method” for all future surly generations to enjoy.

Class is in session.

4415f70046967cb91be2c2c774cf3e8f.png

The order depends on the question:

"You get the chance to fuck one of the chicks, but only one. Once one agrees to fuck you, you don't get to try with the others. Which order to you try?"

For me, 1-3-2-4. Girl on the left is the hottest imo, and slutty in the 3rd position would probably give up pooper.

"You get to fuck all of these chicks exactly once. Which order?"

In this case, do you try for who you'd think would be best first or last? Or go ugliest to hottest? I'd probably go 4-3-2-1. Even if the first chick on the left isn't any good, I could have my fun with her knowing I got some good fucks from at least one of her friends.

"You get your pick of one to date for an extended period of time and fuck often, with a chance of possible marriage and family in the future. Which order?"

Then I'd go 1-3-4-2. 3rd chick just gives me the drama queen bitch vibe that I'd rather avoid, and the 4th chick seems more like the long-time gf type. First chick is the hottest imo, and sometimes the hottest chicks are terrible in bed, but I'd like to think I could teach her to be good enough over time.

27 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Enjoyed it! Keep up the good work.

And JT or TJ...who cares. It’s all good.

And for the record, here’s the “JT Method” for all future surly generations to enjoy.

Class is in session.

4415f70046967cb91be2c2c774cf3e8f.png

The order depends on the question:

"You get the chance to fuck one of the chicks, but only one. Once one agrees to fuck you, you don't get to try with the others. Which order to you try?"

For me, 1-3-2-4. Girl on the left is the hottest imo, and slutty in the 3rd position would probably give up pooper.

"You get to fuck all of these chicks exactly once. Which order?"

In this case, do you try for who you'd think would be best first or last? Or go ugliest to hottest? I'd probably go 4-3-2-1. Even if the first chick on the left isn't any good, I could have my fun with her knowing I got some good fucks from at least one of her friends.

"You get your pick of one to date for an extended period of time and fuck often, with a chance of possible marriage and family in the future. Which order?"

Then I'd go 1-3-4-2. 3rd chick just gives me the drama queen bitch vibe that I'd rather avoid, and the 4th chick seems more like the long-time gf type. First chick is the hottest imo, and sometimes the hottest chicks are terrible in bed, but I'd like to think I could teach her to be good enough over time.

You're wayyy over explaining it. You read it just like everything else-- top to bottom, left to right. 

Like I was with your mom last night. 

Yeah that explanation was horribad

Randy Marsh method: assign a number to the girl. The number you assign is their hotness rank. Read off numbers from left to right. 

JT method; Assign a number to the girl. That number is their order in the picture. Take a pair of scissors and cut the picture up and rearrange the picture from left to right in order of hotness. Read off numbers from left to right. 

RM for life. 

Edited by NorthLoop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2018 at 10:14 AM, NorthLoop said:

Randy Marsh method: assign a number to the girl. The number you assign is their hotness rank. Read off numbers from left to right. 

JT method; Assign a number to the girl. That number is their order in the picture. Take a pair of scissors and cut the picture up and rearrange the picture from left to right in order of hotness. Read off numbers from left to right. 

RM for life. 

This is the only thing that makes sense.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is literally Hitler.

On 9/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, NorthLoop said:

RM for life. 

Should I put this somewhere in the surlyhorns FAQ? lol

• Like 1

• immamac unpinned and unfeatured this topic