Apple iPhone Thread

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

what are you using for sms on iphone?

edit: i guess imessage is all there is

You can get normal sms text. Just need to untoggle iMessage in settings and text work as normal. iMessage just routes all messages through apple server. Again if you don't plan on changing back and forth between Android and iphone on a regular basis, then use iMessage. I don't use it because I switch every few weeks, just cause.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Just remembered my biggest complaint about IOS. Iphones and ipads have tons of ads. I miss not being able to set my DNS to block ads. Even without dns blocking, my android phones and tablet have considerably fewer ads. You'll get used to it.

you can use adblock to do this i believe

• Hook 'Em 1

I have an interesting problem with my SE.  My camera view shakes like Michael J. Fox is holding the phone.  I can prop it up on a table with the camera on, and the image still "jiggles".  

Apple says it's likely a faulty gyroscope, and they are shipping me a new phone. 

Curious also about ads.

I can’t ever recall seeing ads pop up on my iPhone or iPad uses. I do use ad blockers for Safari. And certainly nothing outside of a web browser.

Sure you didn’t buy a knock off forked droid tablet to look like an iPad?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Anyone else having Bluetooth issues? Mine just started over the last couple weeks. 
first issue: car Bluetooth randomly connects and disconnects. I do not have a CarPlay head unit (yet) so I have to rely on BT for calls and tunes.

second issue: similar to first, AirPods (2nd gen) keep dropping and reconnecting. Again, both issues only started over last couple weeks. Annoying as hell. Could it have something to do with the latest iOS update?