Apple iPhone Thread

2 hours ago, Noah Fence said:

Anyone have the Series 3 watch with cellular?  Was thinking about picking one up to stream music while exercising so I wouldn't have to carry my phone and wanted to know if it is worth a shit. 

Yes. Love it. But be aware, separate data bill from your carrier. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noah Fence said:

Anyone have the Series 3 watch with cellular?  Was thinking about picking one up to stream music while exercising so I wouldn't have to carry my phone and wanted to know if it is worth a shit. 

if music is the only reason, just get the non-cell version and save some playlists directly onto it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Noah Fence said:

For that exact purpose it is badass.The ten bucks a month from your carrier is bullshit, but still love my watch.  

• Like 1

So I have an MBP 13, 2017 no touch bar.  I don't love the keyboard or hate it, really, it's ok.  But I am very disturbed by reports of keyboard failure.  I'm pretty easy on my stuff and don't eat cheetos around my machine, but I use a duster and canned air on the keyboard pretty religiously.  And stuff does seem to accumulate and affect key function pretty easily.

Anyone have any major problems with the 2016 forward MBP keyboards?

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So I have an MBP 13, 2017 no touch bar.  I don't love the keyboard or hate it, really, it's ok.  But I am very disturbed by reports of keyboard failure.  I'm pretty easy on my stuff and don't eat cheetos around my machine, but I use a duster and canned air on the keyboard pretty religiously.  And stuff does seem to accumulate and affect key function pretty easily.

Not for me and I don’t take care of it like you described. 

So currently have the 6S+ but the camera is borked and my serial # was not included in the recall for the camera replacement.  I'm upgrading next week after finals.  My question is: should I get the 8+ or just get the X?  I've gotten used to the larger phone and to hold the normal sized iPhone feels odd.  I'll hang up and listen.

No issues with mine but I don’t like it as much as the Air keyboard. It feels funny and I feel like it’s loud, especially in meetings.

How do I find out about recalls on my 6s+? I’m gonna upgrade toward the end of the year, but I’ll keep this one for the kids to watch Netflix on.

I don’t know the actual answer, but I would guess if you google “6s+ iPhone recalls”, you could get your answer pretty quick.

• 4 weeks later...

WWDC about to kick off at the top of the hour, appears to be all software related with no new hardware. Looks like iOS 12., Mac OS 10.14, and Watch OS 5 will be unveiled. 

Expected to focus on stability for iOS, after the disaster of iOS 11. Hopefully some cool stuff but I have pretty low expectation. 

Can watch here if interested. 

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2018/

I have a 6s and after the latest update my touch screen is borked.  Sometimes it wont react to my touch at all and other times it will make unwanted selections when my finger is near the glass.  Is this common?  My screen was replaced last year with a non-apple replacement. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/4/2018 at 12:45 PM, Lobwedgephil said:

CarPlay will now support third party maps, which is awesome. Can finally use Waze and CarPlay. 

My kingdom for being able to access a weather radar app via carplay. It's amazing to me that the apple maps dont just have a weather overlay option. 

Will the third party maps feature drop this week? I might actually turn CarPlay back on. So far CarPlay has just been an annoyance for me in my wife’s Pilot.

Possibly. The app creators have to update the app. Don’t expect Waze at launch, they have not even released a beta to those in the beta program.

2 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Should be an 6.1” LCD X style phone, possibly named XC, then a new 5.7” XS, and a 6.5” XS Plus, both OLED.

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

Thank you sirs 

Also, want to get the wife an Apple Watch. Which one does everyone recommend?

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Thank you sirs 

Also, want to get the wife an Apple Watch. Which one does everyone recommend?

Every woman I know bought the small (lady size) watch the first time around and regretted it.  Most of them opted for the bigger (man size) watch the second time around.  Maybe the smaller bezel will make a difference but I’d still get the bigger size unless your wife is a stick figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

Every woman I know bought the small (lady size) watch the first time around and regretted it.  Most of them opted for the bigger (man size) watch the second time around.  Maybe the smaller bezel will make a difference but I’d still get the bigger size unless your wife is a stick figure.

She’s a tall stick figure. Okay will go with the 42mm. Thanks 

1 hour ago, nycHorn said:

What are you upgrading from? I’m still on a 6S+ that had a battery replacement. I’ve been going back and forth on upgrading to the whatever the X+ version will be.

8 plus that i will pass off to the wife. i bought the 8 a couple months ago when my 6 shit the bed with the expectation that I would upgrade in SEpt and pass the 8 off. 

Edited by Anastasis

I prefer the smaller Apple Watch face but I have tiny, bony bird wrists and hands, so the bigger face looked ridiculous.

Also, if she wants a “fancier” band - metal or leather - and not the silicone/plastic one that comes with the watch, don’t order the fancy one from Apple.

Amazon has hundreds of options that are really nice and will match any face frame she gets. And they’re about 1/6th of the cost of the Apple replacement bands.

• Like 1

Here is what it appears Apple will announce today. 

3 new iPhones, the Xs, Xs Max +, and the cheaper Xr. Apple Watch sized are going up to 40 and 44, should be similar sized, just larger display area and longer battery life. It appears that the cheaper MacBook Air replacement and new iPad Pro's will be announced at an October event, not today. 

9to5Mac_XS_S4.jpg?resize=2500,0&quality=

• immamac changed the title to Apple iPhone Thread