Suge Knight gets 28 years in prison

Gil Bang

What's the point of pleading no contest and getting 28 years when you are already 53?   Based on his reputation and track record, i doubt there is any way he gets an early release.   Seems like 28 years is pretty much life.  Why not keep swinging.   Maybe the 'next' jury tampering effort might actually work.

Edited by 0xdeadbeef
typo

36 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

What's the point of pleading no contest and getting 28 years when you are already 53?   Based on his reputation and track record, i doubt there is any way he gets an early release.   Seems like 28 years is pretty much life.  Why not keep swinging.   Maybe the 'next' jury tampering effort might actually work.

The "no contest" plea is to protect his assets in case of civil suit.

Suge Knight was a true gangster indeed.

Tragic all around.

He grew up in a strict, two-parent working class home and was a normal teen by all accounts, then just went rogue. I’m not sure that he was technically a Blood member and it wasn’t like he grew up in the foster system and had a fucked up childhood. He was a little privileged. Full college football scholarship then he fucked it up. I wouldn’t classify him as a true gangster though. He just had money and power and a tough persona but was deep down a punk(I wouldn’t fuck with him though). He’s not even feared in prison plus there is a contract out on him anyway*. The streets don’t respect him. He’s a piece of shit but I feel for his family that tried their best with him.

*according to gang documentaries and my LA cousins.

11 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Tragic all around.

He grew up in a strict, two-parent working class home and was a normal teen by all accounts, then just went rogue. I’m not sure that he was technically a Blood member and it wasn’t like he grew up in the foster system and had a fucked up childhood. He was a little privileged. Full college football scholarship then he fucked it up. I wouldn’t classify him as a true gangster though. He just had money and power and a tough persona but was deep down a punk(I wouldn’t fuck with him though). He’s not even feared in prison plus there is a contract out on him anyway*. The streets don’t respect him. He’s a piece of shit but I feel for his family that tried their best with him.

Sounds like a kid I went to school with. Grew up upper-middle class, had both parents, they seemed very involved and were always respectful and considerate to other parents during the football season, then I find out he's in prison for holding up a gas station for no reason. He wasn't an addict, he wasn't homeless, he just felt like robbing someone. Sometimes, a person is just a psychopath, regardless of the efforts of their parents. Sad stuff.

• Like 1

I spent some time working for Suge back in 89/90 before Death Row.  He was very charismatic.  If you met him, you would like him.  He was also very “street smart” and a natural, instinctive leader. 

I have no idea about his upbringing, but he was definitely close to the Pyru bloods if not an actual member/alumni.  He also was no punk — at least at that time (around 25 years of age).  He probably would score high on a test to identify sociopaths.  Empathy was not something he possessed.

I witnessed some crazy ass shit and even took a punch from him once.

• Like 1

I spent some time working for Suge back in 89/90 before Death Row.  He was very charismatic.  If you met him, you would like him.  He was also very “street smart” and a natural, instinctive leader. 
I have no idea about his upbringing, but he was definitely close to the Pyru bloods if not an actual member/alumni.  He also was no punk — at least at that time (around 25 years of age).  He probably would score high on a test to identify sociopaths.  Empathy was not something he possessed.
I witnessed some crazy ass shit and even took a punch from him once.

Did he hang you over a balcony ala Vanilla Ice and Johnny Drama? Lulz. I was just restating what my LA family said. I guess in his old age, he may have softened up thus the “punk”reference. My buddy works in Marquee in Vegas where Suge was a regular there and he always said he was super cool. Oh well, Thug Life catches up to you one way or another.

12 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Tragic all around.

I guess he was just one of those raging, narcissistic sociopaths who are more sociopath than the average raging asshole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Did he hang you over a balcony ala Vanilla Ice and Johnny Drama? Lulz. I was just restating what my LA family said. I guess in his old age, he may have softened up thus the “punk”reference. My buddy works in Marquee in Vegas where Suge was a regular there and he always said he was super cool. Oh well, Thug Life catches up to you one way or another.

not quite, but it was a scenario in which you just take your lumps.  another guy there at the time didn't just take it and wound up with his jaw wired shut and drinking his meals for about 6 weeks.

• Like 1