The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, he voted for Trump, so....

state-farm-3-am-savings-large-4.jpg

Absolutely I did.... He was not my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice, but the policies of the left are extremely destructive to Western and American culture.  The Dems have been completely hijacked by the far left and it won't be pretty for this board come 2020. Most of you far lefties think you actually have a chance, but unless Biden wins the nod, you "The Bigger the Government the Better" types have no chance. 

Ghost was a great poster on the Shag, regardless how he voted. For him to fall into the far left narrative is sad. You, on the other hand, have always been a lefty apologist. Give me a fucking break on this "I'm a former Republican" bull shit....

• Fuck You 16

18 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

Absolutely I did.... He was not my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice, but the policies of the left are extremely destructive to Western and American culture.  The Dems have been completely hijacked by the far left and it won't be pretty for this board come 2020. Most of you far lefties think you actually have a chance, but unless Biden wins the nod, you "The Bigger the Government the Better" types have no chance. 

Ghost was a great poster on the Shag, regardless how he voted. For him to fall into the far left narrative is sad. You, on the other hand, have always been a lefty apologist. Give me a fucking break on this "I'm a former Republican" bull shit....

Folks, read the above.  Note the repeated use of "far left." And note the application of that term.  There are only two acceptable creeds in this country: fealty to Trump (as the GOP has made it clear there's no room for anyone who is not 100% in on Trump), or "you're the far left."  That's a pretty fucking incredible spectrum.  There is no "1-100 spectrum," where folks are at varying degrees.  Nope.  There's just Trump, and "far left."  Anything left of Trump is "far left."

Narratives like "maybe we shouldn't demonize an ethnicity as invaders, because that can lead to bad shit" is "far left," for example.   Hell, here's some modern stuff that's at odds with Trump, and thus reflects "far left" ideology:

This, I believe, is one of the most important sources of America's greatness. We lead the world because, unique among nations, we draw our people—our strength-from every country and every corner of the world. And by doing so we continuously renew and enrich our nation. While other countries cling to the stale past, here in America we breathe life into dreams. We create the future, and the world follows us into tomorrow. Thanks to each wave of new arrivals to this land of opportunity, we're a nation forever young, forever bursting with energy and new ideas, and always on the cutting edge, always leading the world to the next frontier. This quality is vital to our future as a nation. If we ever closed the door to new Americans, our leadership in the world would soon be lost.

It is bold men and women, yearning for freedom and opportunity, who leave their homelands and come to a new country to start their lives over. They believe in the American dream. And over and over, they make it come true for themselves, for their children, and for others. They give more than they receive. They labor and succeed. And often they are entrepreneurs. But their greatest contribution is more than economic, because they understand in a special way how glorious it is to be an American. They renew our pride and gratitude in the United States of America, the greatest, freest nation in the world—the last, best hope of man on Earth.

I mean, of course, those are the farewell words from the oval office by PRESIDENT FUCKING REAGAN....but yeah.....far left and stuff.

We don't even need to get into other notable members of the "far left" who loathe Trump and the direction of the modern GOP - dirty hippies like George Will, David Brooks, etc.

Oh, and this part is fun:

You, on the other hand, have always been a lefty apologist. Give me a fucking break on this "I'm a former Republican" bull shit....

I guess you don't remember back in the day (granted, that was a while back) when I was a regular defender of GWB (not a 100% defender, mind you, but definitely a consistent defender as to a variety of attacks from, yep, the left).  And of course, my record of voting in GOP primaries and participating in GOP precinct conventions for many years is just a mirage, I guess. 

Again, folks, read what he writes -- historical revisionism is a necessary foundation for their beliefs.  They have to create utter falsehoods for their deranged worldview to make any sense.  So, that's what they do.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

Steve King being a racist and misogynist is a far left "narrative" that GoLL has fallen for? Even fucking Liz Cheney is calling for him to resign as should every other non-racist non-woman hating Republican should be doing.

If you disagree with calling out racists and misogynists, you're either one yourself or you're a complicit coward. Funny enough, both just make you an absolute piece of dog shit.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

And let's not let this dog whistle slide...

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

Absolutely I did.... He was not my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice, but the policies of the left are extremely destructive to Western and American culture. 

I'm doing my best to have an open mind so I genuinely approaching this statement with curiosity. How and why?

16 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What, exactly, is Western and American culture?

It’s a way for idiots to draw a box around every positive historical advance they’re aware of and associate themselves with it.  “Western culture” is broad enough to draw vicariously pride from the Greek pagans who formulated geometry, the European fops of the Enlightenment, and German engineering. 

I’m sure he’d love to use “Christian American culture” but that would limit him to innovations like faith healing and TruckNutz.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turkleton said:

The VAST majority of posters on this board used to be republicans. No more. 

The Republican Party has become a fascist anti-democratic party beholden to an utterly corrupt and immoral leader who takes a daily dump on the constitution he supposedly swore to uphold and does all of us, you, me, everybody, everybody, daily harm on an accumulating daily basis. 

But you just continue on with your bullshit narrative. We’ll be here to listen. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Turkleton said:

Actually it's kind of the opposite.  GoLL is a bit further left than Brisket and has always been a bit inconsistent with either party.  Brisket just had some sort of meltdown in the latter days of Shaggy (He went full Brisket as some would say).  I wouldn't throw either in the progressive category.

23 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The VAST majority of posters on this board used to be republicans. No more. 

This isn't true either, though.  It was always slanted Liberal on Shaggy.  It's just gone full retard as more old guard found the board an intolerable shithole and left.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JBJ said:

This isn't true either, though.  It was always slanted Liberal on Shaggy.  It's just gone full retard as more old guard found the board an intolerable shithole and left.

I think he's going back to the hornfans days.  That's when I remember many of these folks being Republicans. 

13 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I think he's going back to the hornfans days.  That's when I remember many of these folks being Republicans. 

Fair enough.  I was more likely to be found on OB back then.

Edited by JBJ

FART NOISES
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This...THIS....is going to be the source of much amusement when GOLL and I have our next chance to drink whisky and swap tales.

I'm glad to be of service.  Make sure to call him a dirty leftist and have him drink Chivas.

Edited by JBJ

40 minutes ago, JBJ said:

It was always slanted Liberal on Shaggy.  It's just gone full retard as more old guard found the board an intolerable shithole and left.

or was it that there were fewer and fewer conservative tenets being practiced in which to defend?

small government? ha

debt/deficit reduction? ha

personal liberty? ha

uphold the rule of law? ha

free and open markets? ha

• Like 5

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

or was it that there were fewer and fewer conservative tenets being practiced in which to defend?

small government? ha

personal liberty? ha

Bingo.  They've abandoned the principles they said they hold dear. The party of Reagan and Goldwater is long dead.  All those things they said they favor? Fuck 'em. 

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

small government? ha

personal liberty? ha

yep. to support the current GOP while espousing traditional conservative principles is not possible. literally nothing i was brought up to believe about GOP principles was true. it was all a complete lie.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JBJ said:

Actually it's kind of the opposite.  GoLL is a bit further left than Brisket and has always been a bit inconsistent with either party.  Brisket just had some sort of meltdown in the latter days of Shaggy (He went full Brisket as some would say).  I wouldn't throw either in the progressive category.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

giphy.gif

Yeah that’s not how I remember it. I recall Swam and Clear Lake Horn running wild in the Shaggy Cloak room and a consistent anti-Obama bent that went largely unchecked. Its why I largely avoided the place and never posted. It took the republicans electing a shithead like trump to actually bring balance to the place. Hence the rise of the so-called “Shaggy Liberal Cabal,” a term coined by swammy himself. 

Although I admit I only occasionally lurked and never posted at all until the rise of trump so I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

This is apparently the thread where people who voted for republicans for decades, supporting developing policies that landed the GOP where it is today, hem and haw about the state of the GOP. LOL. 

I’ll admit I was a sucker who fell for it. It was all a pack of lies. I was an idiot for believing any of it. Never again. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Folks, read the above.  Note the repeated use of "far left." And note the application of that term.  There are only two acceptable creeds in this country: fealty to Trump (as the GOP has made it clear there's no room for anyone who is not 100% in on Trump), or "you're the far left."  That's a pretty fucking incredible spectrum.  There is no "1-100 spectrum," where folks are at varying degrees.  Nope.  There's just Trump, and "far left."  Anything left of Trump is "far left."

Except for the part where he named a Democratic candidate that he considers not far left

5 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Fuck off. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah that’s not how I remember it. I recall Swam and Clear Lake Horn running wild in the Shaggy Cloak room and a consistent anti-Obama bent that went largely unchecked. Its why I largely avoided the place and never posted. It took the republicans electing a shithead like trump to actually bring balance to the place. Hence the rise of the so-called “Shaggy Liberal Cabal,” a term coined by swammy himself. 

Although I admit I only occasionally lurked and never posted at all until the rise of trump so I could be wrong. 

All of this

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is apparently the thread where people who voted for republicans for decades, supporting developing policies that landed the GOP where it is today, hem and haw about the state of the GOP. LOL. 

I take that as a tremendous positive. People who give a shit and can change their minds.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

These people don't know their right from their left. They just repeat what they've been told. 

Everybody repeats what they are told, usually by untrustworthy sources.

Few people are subject matter experts performing their own research on a subject on which they can speak authoritatively. Even those people rely on other sources for the vast majority of what they think they know.

The vast majority of people have no idea how to determine which sources and information are trustworthy. They have no critical thinking ability.

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Or the ones who say "I'm an independent and hate both parties but I vote Republican every single time and would never vote for a Democrat."

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yep.

I was a George Will/Ronald Reagan/Al Laffer conservative.  I genuinely thought that if you cut taxes for the upper classes, then they would spend and invest and the economic result of that would be a net positive for the entire economy and everyone in it.  I mean, it looks good on paper.

And we tried it.  Twice.  And it didn't work.  It didn't really increase economic activity.  It certainly didn't trickle down to people in the lower socio-economic classes.  It just further enriched the already wealthy.

I'm not going to sit her and tell you that, having run an experiment twice and watching it fail, that we should continue running the experiment to see if one day it will succeed.  That's stupid.  I'm not sold on the Elizabeth Warren model.  And I'm steadfastly opposed to the Bernie Sanders model.  But it is correct to say that the Laffer model is a complete and total failure.

And I don't even think that anybody actually even believes it anymore.  It's just a bunch of rich people who want lower taxes for themselves and a bunch of rubes who have been suckered.

And then there's something darker.  

I suppose I always knew that there were racists who made up part of the Republican base.  I didn't think it was very big.  But I knew they were there.  And I was plenty happy to accept their votes because, hey--they agree with me on taxes.  And, ultimately, I thought my view on taxes helped everyone.  So who cares if they're racists if they favor economic policies that helps everyone?

But in particular, me.

That was a pretty fucking craven calculus.  It was a morally culpable one, too.  I'll get to answer for that one day.

But as it turns out, I was wrong about that, too.  The GOP wasn't a conservative party with a small racist fringe.  It was a racist party with a small conservative fringe.  I wasn't using them to enact policies I support.  Because look at the GOP budgets since forever--they never enacted conservative policies.  They were using me to enact the racist policies that they support.  And they did promulgate plenty of those.

So not only was I craven, but I was also stupid.  So that feels real great.

And that's what's left of the Republican Party.  They're a racist party.  It's fundamental to their appeal.  And there are some people left who are like I was--"I'm not a racist, but I really like lower taxes."  Those people--and there are plenty of them--are either craven or stupid or both.

Holy shit, this is a great post and expresses my thoughts on the Republicans better than I ever could.  Bravo.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Narratives like "maybe we shouldn't demonize an ethnicity as invaders, because that can lead to bad shit" is "far left," for example.   Hell, here's some modern stuff that's at odds with Trump, and thus reflects "far left" ideology:

I mean, of course, those are the farewell words from the oval office by PRESIDENT FUCKING REAGAN....but yeah.....far left and stuff.

We don't even need to get into other notable members of the "far left" who loathe Trump and the direction of the modern GOP - dirty hippies like George Will, David Brooks, etc.

Oh, and this part is fun:

I guess you don't remember back in the day (granted, that was a while back) when I was a regular defender of GWB (not a 100% defender, mind you, but definitely a consistent defender as to a variety of attacks from, yep, the left).  And of course, my record of voting in GOP primaries and participating in GOP precinct conventions for many years is just a mirage, I guess. 

Again, folks, read what he writes -- historical revisionism is a necessary foundation for their beliefs.  They have to create utter falsehoods for their deranged worldview to make any sense.  So, that's what they do.

Again, that’s all that team sports bullshit. The guy who wrote that horseshit you quoted hasn’t the foggiest clue about domestic affairs, hasn’t the foggiest clue about economic affairs, hasn’t the foggiest clue about foreign affairs, hasn’t the foggiest clue what democracy/socialism/conservatism/liberalism/communism/etc even fucking are, much less could he, even if his life depended on it, correctly pin those terms on those who’d actually fit them.

12 hours ago, retread said:

Another indicator of just how deeply corrupt the GOP is. The nutball president identifying the press as an enemy of the state and now this more garden variety GOP demonizing a member of Congress.

The GOP is a rat fighting for survival. They've cultivated 40% of the country to blindly support them for the worst reasons so that they can maintain a criminal and anti-democratic organization.

Graham's weapon of choice is to prance the stage in faux outrage. It works for whom it needs to work. 

I'm at a loss to think of anything these villains could do to trigger a rising of the people against them. 

A person spouting Trumpism machine guns a Walmart in El Paso. Nothing.

Massive tax breaks for the rich while increasing tax on the rest. Nothing.

Concentration camps on the border. Nothing.

A government attorney representing the Trump administration argues that detained children are not entitled to tooth paste and soap. Oh, and they're detained in concentration camps away from their families. Oh, and we may have lost track of who some of them are. Oh, and some of them die. Nothing.

I have an array of devastating arguments for why this administration should be turned out or even indicted. Doesn't matter. Nobody listens. They represent what stands in the way of this threat to the republic. Nothing.

• Like 3

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult