The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

DEATH CULT

Good friend of mine; her husband is solidly in that 47%.  He became a hard-core Trumper, actually sat on front row of a rally last year...the whole thing.  He actually caught Covid from a friend of his who died from it...and still will not take a shot because it's not needed.

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Insurance companies should be allowed to raise premiums or deny treatment claims for anyone who refuses a vaccine. You want to be stupid? Fine. But fuck you if you think the rest of us are subsidizing your moronic risk. 

Stupid is a preexisting condition--higher risk, higher premium.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Explain this to me like I'm five. 

Can’t use the state and local funds from the ARP to cut taxes and backfill revenue with those ARP funds.  If you do, you have to pay it back.  The point of the money is to supplement budgets for any shortfalls from COVID or use them to beef up local or state services, such as state unemployment or state-level stimulus, for the rest of the pandemic 

The tax cut party is bigly mad.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Can’t use the state and local funds from the ARP to cut taxes and backfill revenue with those ARP funds.  If you do, you have to pay it back.  The point of the money is to supplement budgets for any shortfalls from COVID or use them to beef up local or state services, such as state unemployment or state-level stimulus, for the rest of the pandemic 

The tax cut party is bigly mad.  

As moronic as Texas's leadership is, I'm now afraid they'll refuse to take the funds, bust the state budget, and then cut taxes anyway leaving us with hollowed out schools and (even more) crumbling infrastructure.

More charter schools and toll roads for everyone!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

wtf Latinos? 

Yeah no shit. That’s ridiculous. This needs to be figured out. Just like Trump won Texas not because of the suburban whites per usual but because of the Hispanics in the valley and the border coming out strong for trump.

12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

As moronic as Texas's leadership is, I'm now afraid they'll refuse to take the funds, bust the state budget, and then cut taxes anyway leaving us with hollowed out schools and (even more) crumbling infrastructure.

More charter schools and toll roads for everyone!!!

Likely. And then blame Biden 

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Explain this to me like I'm five. 

The purpose of a stimulus bill is to prime the pump (restore flow in a sluggish economic system) to stave off a depression/long recession.

If a state siphons off the starter fluid through taxation, it thwarts the economic purpose of stimulus and dampens the impact of the stimulus package. 

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

The purpose of a stimulus bill is to prime the pump (restore flow in a sluggish economic system) to stave off a depression/long recession.

If a state siphons off the starter fluid through taxation, it thwarts the economic purpose of stimulus and dampens the impact of the stimulus package. 

Also, I thought I saw that several Texas reps both in the House and also the Texas lege are trying to provide incentives to lure (?) entice (?) Texas to expand Medicaid. I think it might have been signed today with the COVID relief. But the whole cutting off the nose to spite the face thing comes to mind like @bolverk says.

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

On the one hand, yeah our dipshit leaders would easily do this.

But next year Abbott is up, and he’s already got people pissed over his COVID actions (or inactions), and he’s got people really pissed over the winter storm fuckup.   

So Abbott and friends are in fuck around and find out mode.   

English names?  You know, like Jesus, Moses, and Abraham.  They all spoke English back then, right?  

Fair trade-off.  Yoga poses with English names if the students all learn to pray in the original Aramaic.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

English names?  You know, like Jesus, Moses, and Abraham.  They all spoke English back then, right?  

Fair trade-off.  Yoga poses with English names if the students all learn to pray in the original Aramaic.  

Um, if Jesus didn’t speak English then why did he write the Bible in English.  Use your head man.  Half of this country is a bunch of Fredo’s walking around muttering to themselves “I’m smart” when nothing could be further from the truth.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Js1 said:

Likely. And then blame Biden 

But Biden is getting in some pre-emptive strikes.  It's going to take a long time to erase the normalization of gaslighting, but at least they are trying.   Over and over they seem to be pointing out when these red governors damage their states to own the libs.  At the same time they don't let drop the idea that smokescreens are being deployed to distract from the Big Freeze debacle.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/03/12/as-abbott-hits-biden-for-releasing-migrants-with-covid-white-house-asks-why-texas-rejects-funds-for-tests/

As Abbott hits Biden for releasing migrants with COVID, White House asks why Texas rejects funds to test them

The feud continues after the president accused the governor of “Neanderthal thinking” on masks.

WASHINGTON — Gov. Greg Abbott accused the Biden administration Thursday of callously releasing ailing migrants into Texas, prompting the White House to hit back that he’s the one putting Texans at risk by blocking federal funds meant to provide them COVID-19 tests.

The volleys reflect an ongoing feud, along with jockeying to avoid blame and to score points on several related fronts: If the pandemic roars back in Texas, is it because of migrants President Joe Biden released or because Abbott ended the state’s mask mandate?

“I’m hot under the collar because, as it turns out, some of the people coming across the border test positive for COVID-19,” Abbott said on a conservative talk show on Houston’s KTRH-AM. “We’ve got our own challenges with COVID-19 … only to be challenged with the influx of people coming in from the border who could be increasing the spread of COVID-19. The Biden administration must stop this illegal immigration program they’ve opened.”

Hours later, White House press secretary Jen Psaki went out of her way to needle the governor, pivoting from a question from Fox News about the lack of testing at the border while air travelers arriving from overseas must show a negative test.

“Governor Abbott has referred to what’s happening at the border as … an open borders policy. That is absolutely incorrect,” she said. “The border’s not open. The vast majority of individuals apprehended or encountered at the border continue to be denied entry and are returned.”

When Biden accused Abbott last week of “Neanderthal thinking” in rejecting public health guidance about masks, the governor hit back that the president was “releasing COVID-positive illegal immigrants in our state.”

Abbott and other Republicans have drummed claims that Biden’s reversal of Trump-era border policies has unleashed a torrent of unlawful migration. Democrats say he’s trying to deflect attention from the catastrophic power outages that left millions of Texans freezing for days last month.

Against that backdrop, Psaki hit Abbott for refusing federal funds that would go to local governments and nonprofits for testing migrants.

The Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency “have stepped in and work with local mayors, NGOs [nongovernmental organizations] and public health officials in Texas to implement a system to provide COVID-19 testing and, as needed, isolation and quarantine for families released from Border Patrol facilities,” Psaki said. “Their proposal and agreement would cover 100% of the expense of the testing, isolation and quarantine. But Governor Abbott has decided to reject that.”

The state would have to agree for the funding of coronavirus tests to take place. Abbott’s argument is that testing is a federal responsibility, like border enforcement, though on Saturday he announced that he would send state troopers and National Guard members to the border.

Abbott touted the deployments, dubbed Operation Lone Star, during a visit to Mission on Tuesday at which he accused Biden of indifference to a growing crisis.

“What Biden has implemented actually is an open border policy,” the governor said Thursday on WBAP-AM’s Chris Salcedo Show — though what he then described was not an open border but rather an escalation of detentions as migrant flows spike.

So far In 2021, more than 108,000 apprehensions have been made in the Border Patrol’s Rio Grande Valley sector, compared with 90,000 in all of last year, Abbott said. “And they’re going to be coming across the border even more because of these Biden policies. We are at crisis levels now. We will be at catastrophic levels probably in about another month from now, unless the administration stops it.”

Psaki also pushed back against allegations from Abbott and others that Customs and Border Protection officers have not had access to vaccines.

“He has suggested that we are not vaccinating CBP officers,” she said. “We like to deal with facts around here. There’s no higher priority than the health and safety of our federal workforce. … More than 64,000 front-line DHS employees, including members of U.S. Border Patrol, have received a vaccination.”

Three Texans in Congress wrote to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Thursday raising that same concern.

Sen. John Cornyn, a Republican, was joined by Reps. Henry Cuellar, D-Laredo, and Tony Gonzales, R-San Antonio, along with Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, an Arizona Democrat.

“Since the beginning of the pandemic, more than 8,000 CBP employees have tested positive for COVID, and 27 have died. A total of 9,686 [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] detainees have tested positive for COVID in the past year,” they wrote. “It is imperative that DHS quickly take action to vaccinate all DHS law enforcement officers and agents.”

• Hook 'Em 2

Pos rep to the last two posts.  

Why do I think Roy Moore is going to volunteer to go watch middle school girls do yoga as his "civic duty."???

And I love the Fredo analogy.  "Not like everybody says...like dumb!  I'm smart!"  But I think the really powerful line that would capture the GQP/Trumper essence is when he says, "...And I was stepped over.  It ain't the way I wanted it!"  That's the Fredo complex, "I was entitled to more because I'm me.  And other people, smarter people, more tenacious people, more determined people, harder working people than me got ahead of me in life and I'm pissed about it.  So pissed, that I'll turn a blind eye to violence in fact." 

Trump knows how to whip that Fredo complex into a frenzy inside these people.  He is truly skilled in that matter.  Since Hymen Roth was actually a ridiculously wealthy man who appeared to be modest and frugal...that's the opposite of Trump.  So I guess that makes Trump...Johnny Ola since he was the one that really got Fredo all worked up and ready to sell out his brother (in this case, Trump got them to sell out their party/country).  Trump is America's "Sicilian Messenger Boy" 

55 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Alabama is stupid world.

Lots of schools still have fucking square dancing during PE but heaven forbid we teach some foreign chanty stretchy exercises!!!!  Kids might learn weird foreign words and shit.

I 'member back at Erwin Elementary in B'ham. I think our PE teacher was a little more progressive cuz we mixed in some disco dancing too. Cocaine not included.

17 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Church of Christ, oh how I adore thee.

Y'all make Baptists look like party animals. If there are worse places on Earth tan Abilene, TX and Sparta, TN, I don't want to know about them.

Can I interest you in a visit to College Station?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1