The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Who can debase themselves more?  Good god, what a bunch of pathetic people.

It is, but put yourself in history in a group of people who need 'X.' In this case and in this country, it seems pathetic, but food, water, shelter, life? To this group, power is as essential as those basic needs isn't it? I'm oversimplifying it, but if it came down to it, this is their raison d'etre.

It's going to get interesting given what was going on with Dr. Seuss (below), a public library is a while different ball game than a  publisher deciding not to publish certain titles. Usually libraries have a procedure prior to accepting donations, and this library had already accepted the books.

Does that guy know how many books are currently still banned in our public libraries because of people like him?

Ironic that the dipshit's last name is Joyce.  I'm sure his cuckold ass calls the guy banging his wife "Ulysses"

I don't know where to put this, so here it is. I can't even. Ron Johnson is just deliberately evil because no one can be that stupid to ignore the hows and whys of the policy. It was explained in the press conference and it is in print should he bother to be briefed. It's just lie after lie. All for footage for his supporters. No one will be traveling to check it out, so it's easy to lie and lie and lie.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

Republicans:

You can't force doctors to treat patients they don't like.

We must force Twitter to carry what we like.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Friday signed into law legislation allowing doctors to refuse to treat someone because of religious or moral objections, a move opponents have said will give providers broad powers to turn away LGBTQ patients and others.

The measure says health care workers and institutions have the right to not participate in non-emergency treatments that violate their conscience. The new law won't take effect until late this summer.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/arkansas-governor-signs-medical-conscience-objections-law-76709678

• Rage+1 1

Republicans:
You can't force doctors to treat patients they don't like.
We must force Twitter to carry what we like.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Friday signed into law legislation allowing doctors to refuse to treat someone because of religious or moral objections, a move opponents have said will give providers broad powers to turn away LGBTQ patients and others.

The measure says health care workers and institutions have the right to not participate in non-emergency treatments that violate their conscience. The new law won't take effect until late this summer.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/arkansas-governor-signs-medical-conscience-objections-law-76709678

Because that violates the Hippocratic Oath does that mean all med schools are shutting down?
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Because that violates the Hippocratic Oath does that mean all med schools are shutting down?

The article seems to be saying that the law is written very narrowly, so i.e. if a doctor didn't want to perform a hormonal treatment for someone who is transgender, but a broad 'no I won't treat you because you're gay' was not able to pass in earlier versions. Don't know if I understood it correctly, though. It's still dodgy af and the long term consequence seems ripe for abuse. The persecuted Christian worldview strikes again?

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The article seems to be saying that the law is written very narrowly, so i.e. if a doctor didn't want to perform a hormonal treatment for someone who is transgender, but a broad 'no I won't treat you because you're gay' was not able to pass in earlier versions. Don't know if I understood it correctly, though. It's still dodgy af and the long term consequence seems ripe for abuse. The persecuted Christian worldview strikes again?

Why do people vote for these awful folks?

11 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

This dude just ran for Congress in NV and lost. He is from NJ. Now he has a TX accent and is pretending to ride a bull while spouting crazy shit. There will be a crazy race to be the worst GQP candidate ever.

now THAT^ is fucking stupid enraging. omg FUCK THESE STUPID FAUX TEXAN MORONS and i can't BELIEVE just how many people will buy this and vote for this guy omg this state is currently a laughingstock of the country just FUCK these people HAAAATE AAAAARRRGGHHHH 🤬😡😡😡

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I need to watch this entire clip.  Lindsey's voice is quivering like he's about to burst into tears and cry on TV.  What's got him so riled up?  

He saw brown people 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

The comparison from his Nevada ad to his Texas one shows just how much he respects the big brains of Republicans in the state. 

He barely lost in NV too. The other side is going to elect a literal bag of shit as some point. 

• Like 1

This is like a seamy version of The Music Man. Instead of salespeople riding the train from town to town, it's politicians moving district to district nationwide conning people. Ugh. At least Harold Hill was redeemable, thanks to Marian the Librarian. I don't see any redemption here but Professor Hill's Think System of Voting might be a good counter measure if the Texas Democratic Party can convince the GOP voters to try it. "If you think about touching the screen, then you'll have already voted for Big Dan!"

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

This dude just ran for Congress in NV and lost. He is from NJ. Now he has a TX accent and is pretending to ride a bull while spouting crazy shit. There will be a crazy race to be the worst GQP candidate ever.

Jesus

fitting that he’s running for a seat recently won by covid 

Edited by Sawbonz

Texas has become ground zero for fauxbois from around the country to come and play cowboys. Sadly, it's become a winning strategy as there are a sufficient number of rubes to welcome them that we've become the nation's dude ranch for Republicans to play out their insecure, hyper-masculine, tough guy, fantasies.

I hate how fucking true this is.
  • Like 2

yeah was about to say the same. that shit wore me out when i saw it in person is. now its just a factory mill for republicans to get a hold of any office they can in the state. hmm that sounds awfully familiar. 

CorruptDapperDunnart-size_restricted.gif

you homies alright? friday came and went and i am still kicking. i wish you nothing but achievement on your friday. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That saying about “Don’t California my Texas” is maybe not the saying Texans need to be worried about. Ted, Danny, Allan Allen West, and this guy aren’t from California....

Very true, but you left out ol' Warren Kenneth Paxton, Jr., and Charles Eugene "Chip" Roy.

2 minutes ago, staboner said:

yeah was about to say the same. that shit wore me out when i saw it in person is. now its just a factory mill for republicans to get a hold of any office they can in the state. hmm that sounds awfully familiar. 

CorruptDapperDunnart-size_restricted.gif

you homies alright? friday came and went and i am still kicking. i wish you nothing but achievement on your friday. 

Getting my second dose of Moderna tomorrow!

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Texas has become ground zero for fauxbois from around the country to come and play cowboys. Sadly, it's become a winning strategy as there are a sufficient number of rubes to welcome them that we've become the nation's dude ranch for Republicans to play out their insecure, hyper-masculine, tough guy, fantasies.

Canada - Ted Cruz 

Maryland - Dan Patrick 

North Dakota - Ken Paxton 

Aberdeen, Scotland - Dan Crensaw

Atlanta - Allen West

South Dakota - Kevin Brady

Maryland - Chip Roy 

Louisiana - Michael Cloud

New Mexico - Nathan Hetch 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well idiocracy has been the zeitgeist of the moment for a while now so I’d say he’s zeroed in. 

Best case he’s our next president; worst case it’s an even dumber scenario.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Depressing thought for the day: there’s no way that Big Dan dumbass doesn’t win. 

He's former WWE and has the sales skills to convince people that don't think beyond the 'sell' so yeah, pretty much. It was funny, but there was a Freedom Caucus member who was running in our district and she spent a goodly sum on glossy mailers and making the circuit and her tactic was not unlike his. She picked the four congresswomen (Squad), Pelosi, etc to attack which I thought was funny (not really) because they aren't in our district but hey, sales right? Anyway, a neighbor was asking me about her and I mentioned some of the other deets about the candidates policy and background and they were like, "what? oh, I don't like that..." and I'm thinking, "well, duh, it's not like a salesperson is going to say, this vacuum isn't worth shit and will break as soon as you try and vacuum up anything larger than a breadcrumb." She ended up losing because she caught COVID and couldn't campaign in the last few weeks before the election and also--female--but people vote for the big shiny truck and seldom think about the engine or gas mileage or towing capacity or how much they even haul things.

Long story short. Yeah, we're screwed.

• Like 1

Canada - Ted Cruz 
Maryland - Dan Patrick 
North Dakota - Ken Paxton 
Aberdeen, Scotland - Dan Crensaw
Atlanta - Allen West
South Dakota - Kevin Brady
Maryland - Chip Roy 
Louisiana - Michael Cloud
New Mexico - Nathan Hetch 

We love out immigrants.