The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

20 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I spent some time thinking about things this weekend, and have been struggling with why I just don't want to talk to my family since January 6th.  I'm just not wanting to engage with them at all.  They are still supporting the same Republican policies they were supporting on January 5th when I could look past it and keep in contact.  None of my family have said anything on social media or to me directly that makes me believe they were in favor of the insurrection, and I suspect all of them would be against the events of the 6th if I asked them.  And until this weekend I couldn't figure out why that wasn't enough.

But I think I've figured it out.  Republicans have had some pretty terrible policy ideas for awhile now.  What seems to be new is that when given the choice between candidate A and candidate B, both providing the same basic terrible policy ideas, Republicans as an electorate choose the candidate that is the objectively worse human being of the two choices.  Do I want the guy under indictment to be my AG or the guy not under indictment to be my AG?  Do I want the guy yelling for tort reform who only started yelling for it after he got his, or do I want the guy yelling for tort reform just out of general principle?  Do I want the serial adulterer and liar who is so transparently lying that he has absolutely no credibility or do I want the guy who is better at obfuscating his lies and cheating, or maybe even the one who does his best not to lie and cheat?  Do we want the supreme court nominee that had a credible witness claiming she was raped by him or do we want another SCOTUS nominee with the same bonafides minus the rape?  All of these terrible humans they've put in power had an opponent in the primary.  Most of those opponents agree on the main topics of the day.  Why do Republicans always choose the worst human when given the choice? 

I'm discovering I don't want to have a relationship with my family not because I don't like their policy positions, but because I no longer trust them to be a good judge of character, and therefore I don't see how we can have anything at all in common, and I sure can't trust their advice on how to conduct my own life.

It was a depressing thought process, but I feel much better now, because at least I understand where my problem is coming from.  Now I at least know how to focus whatever conversations I'm going to have with them about this.

Incredibly well-said.  When you subscribe to a world view that places the highest value on "who can hurt/be as hurtful to other people the most" (e.g., who "ownz tha libz best?").....then you've just gone down a horrifically toxic hole.

It was challenging enough when the policies caused collateral damage to human beings.  You could at least claim with some intellectual honesty that you thought that all policies have winners and losers, and on a macro-level, you think that the policy you espouse does more to benefit people than harm them.  But now....there is actual value placed on and praise for the pain an action causes -- hurting people is its own good, its own end.  When you subscribe to a view that no longer excuses or rationalizes away causing pain, but PRIZES it.....fuck.  You are a broken soul.

And maybe I'm ranting because I'm presently dealing with the very real fallout from this phenomenon, as we speak, and helping people pick up the pieces.  I've seen what happens to people who were decent, but drank, just a bit more deeply every day, from the bottle of 90 proof hurt.  And eventually, the person was all but gone, replaced by the booze.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 3/28/2021 at 2:51 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I was in Junction yesterday and stopped to get beer at a gas station. Guy was at the counter pre-paying for gas.

”Man, it’s almost $3/gallon now. Thanks Joe Biden.”

I loudly guffawed.  These people have zero critical thinking skills, nor do they have any desire to pay attention to the real world.  As long as they have a bogey man to blame what they consider their misfortunes on, they will continue their existence. 

The GOP figured this out and they will never stop. 

I meant to add to this when I wrote it originally.

Part of the reason this struck me at the time was the probably unintentional reference to the "Thanks Obama" meme from back in the day.  During Obama's tenure, I thought the "Thanks Obama" meme was pretty funny.  As in, let's blame him for everything in jest because he's the president and everyone blames everything on the president.

What I didn't realize was that the people on the Right were 100% serious when they did this.  They literally thought everything wrong in their lives were because a black, Democratic man was president.  I wish I had seen it for what it was then and what it would lead to a couple of years later.  Now here we are 2 months into Biden's tenure and they are turning it on again.  "Thanks Biden".  

WTF.  Party of Personal Responsibility my ass.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I spent some time thinking about things this weekend, and have been struggling with why I just don't want to talk to my family since January 6th.  I'm just not wanting to engage with them at all.  They are still supporting the same Republican policies they were supporting on January 5th when I could look past it and keep in contact.  None of my family have said anything on social media or to me directly that makes me believe they were in favor of the insurrection, and I suspect all of them would be against the events of the 6th if I asked them.  And until this weekend I couldn't figure out why that wasn't enough.

But I think I've figured it out.  Republicans have had some pretty terrible policy ideas for awhile now.  What seems to be new is that when given the choice between candidate A and candidate B, both providing the same basic terrible policy ideas, Republicans as an electorate choose the candidate that is the objectively worse human being of the two choices.  Do I want the guy under indictment to be my AG or the guy not under indictment to be my AG?  Do I want the guy yelling for tort reform who only started yelling for it after he got his, or do I want the guy yelling for tort reform just out of general principle?  Do I want the serial adulterer and liar who is so transparently lying that he has absolutely no credibility or do I want the guy who is better at obfuscating his lies and cheating, or maybe even the one who does his best not to lie and cheat?  Do we want the supreme court nominee that had a credible witness claiming she was raped by him or do we want another SCOTUS nominee with the same bonafides minus the rape?  All of these terrible humans they've put in power had an opponent in the primary.  Most of those opponents agree on the main topics of the day.  Why do Republicans always choose the worst human when given the choice? 

I'm discovering I don't want to have a relationship with my family not because I don't like their policy positions, but because I no longer trust them to be a good judge of character, and therefore I don't see how we can have anything at all in common, and I sure can't trust their advice on how to conduct my own life.

It was a depressing thought process, but I feel much better now, because at least I understand where my problem is coming from.  Now I at least know how to focus whatever conversations I'm going to have with them about this.

Republicans like their candidates to have a flaw. Rape, theft, rape cover-up or other moral failings.  It is just a tiny mole on Marilyn Monroe's face.  

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Exvv8uOWYAEKddN?format=png&name=900x900

Look, mother fuckers....that's not just a DPS boat.  It's not just used for work in the water.  It's a fucking TACTICAL MARINE UNIT.  HOOAH!  GIT SOME!  STAY FROSTY!  CHECK YOUR SIX!

The amount of short penis compensation in this country is approaching critical mass, to the point where we're going to have to deal with some sort of stubby-dick meltdown pretty soon.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, mchookem said:

i understand completely how you feel @NameAlreadyInUse.

not a few times have i felt almost grateful that my mother was not around for the last 2 years. my sister and i have discussed it...we agree, she would have bought in to it all, MAGA, pandemic hoax, Q, election fraud, everything. it would have been really difficult. 

my dad (NE Tx) actually took down the stupid Rambo Trump flag that was flying in his barn when we were there for Christmas.

i had texted him on 1/6 and was pretty blunt, to wit: 'so dad...today our govt is under attack. tear gas and shots fired INSIDE the capitol. this is an insurrection attempt. Trump egged them on an hour ago...if you love this country you should consider taking down that stupid flag because Trump is a fucking traitor'.

he never replied, never said a word...but i went to visit last week and the flag was gone. 

he still gets drunk and rants about Democrats and abortion, and this time it was immigration (of course, that's the bogeyman of the hour)...but he's done that for decades. he didn't mention Trump ONCE. 

that's pretty significant progress for him. i like to think me being so blunt, and him being a veteran with a very strong patriotic bent...the coup attempt was a bridge to far. 

A week ago last Sunday my oldest stepson was over at my house helping me with some projects and the next thing I know he is arguing with my wife/his mom (no pics) raising his voice at her about how the election was stolen, yada, yada, yada.

I reminded him to not raise his voice at her, you know, show some respect, and he threatened to punch me in the face. Immediately I told him to GTFO of my house.

If I would have said something like that to my dad he would have buried me on the spot. The point is, these cultists are taking it way to far.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Antidean said:

A week ago last Sunday my oldest stepson was over at my house helping me with some projects and the next thing I know he is arguing with my wife/his mom (no pics) raising his voice at her about how the election was stolen, yada, yada, yada.

I reminded him to not raise his voice at her, you know, show some respect, and he threatened to punch me in the face. Immediately I told him to GTFO of my house.

If I would have said something like that to my dad he would have buried me on the spot. The point is, these cultists are taking it way to far.

Their brains have been utterly broken.  It's not much more complicated than that.

• Like 1

I thought y’all would appreciate this.

Big Dan would beat Beto or whoever the best Texas Democrat is statewide. Until that isn’t true, this tweet/article is laughable, as much as we’d all like to think it’s right.

This is a racist, ignorant backwater that got lucky with oil money and Mexican food.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Their brains have been utterly broken.  It's not much more complicated than that.

pretty much this. the chasm is jumped. make me wonder why people still interact with tahoe errr grhorn here and there. there were pages in the biden thread where that posted whittled down the chatter to biden's tripping over and over again. entire pages at a time. its just fucking pollution from broken minds. the value system in those brains is toast.

@NameAlreadyInUse it happens. i'd equate it to the police thing in the US. are there good cops and bad cops? of course there are. do I trust that if something went wrong involving the police that logic and justice would be served? absolutely not. i have no trust. 

some 5 years ago i had police chasing a car jacker in my east Austin hood. many cops in my front and backyard with guns drawn running around with anxiety. not a good thing. i managed, with my white ass, to survive. that event put me over the edge because well, i didn't trust the judgement of anyone in that scenario - the car jacker, the police there at that moment, nor the justice system should something have happened to me or my family. 

and thats the point. things are always fucked up, but if they get more fucked up do you trust the people and institutions around to do what is right? 

anyway, you homies have a good one. we have a bigtime no nuke friday this weekend. can't wait

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Antidean said:

Should have shot him.  Protect your house and shit.

Wtf. That sucks. Sorry man.

Unfortunate reminder to those on this board that keep believing this problem is going to die out with the olds. Y'all need to take a trip through east Texas or the coast. The disease is spreading to the utes. Even the Hispanic Texas utes. Saw a Fuck Biden Flag on RR 620 today- two white trash and a Mexican looking dude in a truck with truck nuts. Pointed and laughed
They cheered
Made it a point to catch up and point and laugh again with my kid laughing too
They looked tired and dejected. See y'all manana losers
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 3/29/2021 at 4:20 PM, Nivek said:

Republicans like their candidates to have a flaw. Rape, theft, rape cover-up or other moral failings.  It is just a tiny mole on Marilyn Monroe's face.  

No, they don’t “like” those things.  They are just observable traits prevalent among the population that makes up today’s Republican Party.

To be a Republican politician at the national level, you have to be morally bankrupt.  You have to surround yourself with and project racism, sexism, bigotry and hate.  You have to be comfortable with blatant lies if the truth is threatening.  You have to embrace despotism if democracy would lead to defeat.  You have to enact policies that amplify the massive human death associated with a global pandemic if it would be of political expedience to your floundering President.

You have to be willing to do anything and everything necessary to preserve the traditional power structure in this country and the order of those who have and have not.  To do that, you have to have more in common with Patrick Bateman than Abraham Lincoln. The Trumpublican is, at their core, a sociopath.  As such, the GOP is, at its core, a collective of sociopaths.  That’s why there is a high prevalence of criminality like rape and thievery within that population.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Should have shot him.  Protect your house and shit.

3 things kept me from whipping his ass.

1. My grandkids were there and didn't want to fight around them.

2. I'm generally a non-violent person.

3. He always carries a gun on him. Since he is somewhat crazy I didn't want to take the chance of the whole situation going terribly wrong.

The total lack of respect these people have for others is mind boggling.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Antidean said:

3 things kept me from whipping his ass.

1. My grandkids were there and didn't want to fight around them.

2. I'm generally a non-violent person.

3. He always carries a gun on him. Since he is somewhat crazy I didn't want to take the chance of the whole situation going terribly wrong.

The total lack of respect these people have for others is mind boggling.

Good on you for keeping it safe.

As far as the lack of respect, that's pretty much it--like @Goredho says. Every movie bully with his little group of friends--like in the Karate Kid, are for whom they are simpatico. They would deny that--they are the ones who are bullied, who are called names, who are put upon and maligned they swear. And they're not wrong in that respect--their 'code' of manliness is a code that is dependent upon being enforcers of what Goredho states. Many Americans have said, 'weeeell no, that isn't what America should be' but it leaves this group a little lost and very angry. I've said it before, they need a hobby (that doesn't include going around with a grievance chip on their shoulder) but the difficulty seems to be that once they build up a head of steam, it's difficult to redirect their energies--putting people down, 'owning the libs' and beating up people without repercussion is an endorphin hit to which they return again and again.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Good on you for keeping it safe.

As far as the lack of respect, that's pretty much it--like @Goredho says. Every movie bully with his little group of friends--like in the Karate Kid, are for whom they are simpatico. They would deny that--they are the ones who are bullied, who are called names, who are put upon and maligned they swear. And they're not wrong in that respect--their 'code' of manliness is a code that is dependent upon being enforcers of what Goredho states. Many Americans have said, 'weeeell no, that isn't what America should be' but it leaves this group a little lost and very angry. I've said it before, they need a hobby (that doesn't include going around with a grievance chip on their shoulder) but the difficulty seems to be that once they build up a head of steam, it's difficult to redirect their energies--putting people down, 'owning the libs' and beating up people without repercussion is an endorphin hit to which they return again and again.

Daniel was the bully.  He creeped in when a girlfriend/boyfriend were having a spat.  There was a fight and it was over.  Then Daniel attacked his friend on the soccer field, and then pulled a prank on Johnny at a Halloween dance and got his ass beat for it.   

• Hook 'Em 3

The Kelli Ward of Texas. Texas Speaker of the House says he has no relationship with Texas GOP chair Allen West. TX Gov clearly ignores TX GOP chair continuously and in conflict. 

“Ive never spoken to him, personally. I don’t know him. Have not received a phone call.”

Wow. Just wow. I am aware that such people exist, and knew they placed some religious significance on Trump via prophecies, etc, but to watch one in action is like being in fifth grade science class watching a video about how a colony of bats searches for fruit trees. You know it happens, but how they do it is amazing....

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Wow. Just wow. I am aware that such people exist, and knew they placed some religious significance on Trump via prophecies, etc, but to watch one in action is like being in fifth grade science class watching a video about how a colony of bats searches for fruit trees. You know it happens, but how they do it is amazing....

Hang on, so she just went through and replaced Solomon's name w/ Trump's?

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

51 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not sure how to start with this. Guess I’ll ignore the fact that she’s using a Bible verse written thousands of years ago about another person, in regards to trump.  She makes huge assumptions about who the needy and afflicted are and who the oppressors are. Who the righteous are.  Then there’s the idea that god WILL put him in a position to save the trafficked children, as if he wasn’t just president for 4 years and failed to do anything for children except cage a few thousand of them. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure how to start with this. Guess I’ll ignore the fact that she’s using a Bible verse written thousands of years ago about another person, in regards to trump.  She makes huge assumptions about who the needy and afflicted are and who the oppressors are. Who the righteous are.  Then there’s the idea that god WILL put him in a position to save the trafficked children, as if he wasn’t just president for 4 years and failed to do anything for children except cage a few thousand of them. 

I've noticed that many people (sorry for using the Trump phrase but it fits in a way) focus on all the passages w/o Jesus when they want to hit someone over the head with their Bible. It's entirely anecdotal on my part, but it's something that struck me after listening to a friend on a rant.

I guess the WWJD bracelet was too much to bear so it got cancelled.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I've noticed that many people (sorry for using the Trump phrase but it fits in a way) focus on all the passages w/o Jesus when they want to hit someone over the head with their Bible. It's entirely anecdotal on my part, but it's something that struck me after listening to a friend on a rant.

I guess the WWJD bracelet was too much to bear so it got cancelled.

I could have sworn that the idea of Christianity was that Jesus died for our sins, so the Old Testament with the wrathful and vengeful god was no longer how things were, but rather the loving and forgiving god (holy trinity) of the New Testament. Yet some christians are happy to reference the Old Testament whenever it fits their needs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I could have sworn that the idea of Christianity was that Jesus died for our sins, so the Old Testament with the wrathful and vengeful god was no longer how things were, but rather the loving and forgiving god (holy trinity) of the New Testament. Yet some christians are happy to reference the Old Testament whenever it fits their needs. 

Agree, and that is what gave me the internal eye roll--some Christians want the New Testament to apply to them (forgiveness and love) and to apply the Old Testament to everyone else (wrath and suffering). It's fascinating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Agree, and that is what gave me the internal eye roll--some Christians want the New Testament to apply to them (forgiveness and love) and to apply the Old Testament to everyone else (wrath and suffering). It's fascinating.

Prooftexting -- it's a real thing.

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There was early debate by church leaders whether the God of the Old Testament was the same God as in the New Testament. A bunch of men decided that they were the same God so *poof* that’s what Christians believe. If they had decided they were different Gods then that’s what Christians would believe. I’d like someone to explain to me the logic behind why someone else needs to die in order to atone for my sins. And that person didn’t really die because he was actually the everlasting God who created us as imperfect creatures in the first place. Only begotten son? It was Him the whole time! Only in human form. And the whole thing is based on the notion of inherited sin because the first woman was deceived by the devil, also His creation. The whole thing makes literally no sense whatsoever.

And no matter how you slice it, you can’t deny that with the New Testament, this infinite, all-knowing, all-powerful God changed the rules on us. He never came up with one set of rules that would apply to all of his creation for all time as one might expect from an infinite, all-knowing, all-powerful God. Seems pretty careless and sloppy for a supreme being. How do we know he won’t change the rules again in the future? How do we know he hasn’t already? Maybe Muhammad or Joseph Smith already received a newer, more perfect revelation.

Or maybe it’s all just man-made bullshit. Now THAT would make sense. When you think of it that way, everything clicks. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There was early debate by church leaders whether the God of the Old Testament was the same God as in the New Testament. A bunch of men decided that they were the same God so *poof* that’s what Christians believe. If they had decided they were different Gods then that’s what Christians would believe. I’d like someone to explain to me the logic behind why someone else needs to die in order to atone for my sins. And that person didn’t really die because he was actually the everlasting God who created us as imperfect creatures in the first place. Only begotten son? It was Him the whole time! Only in human form. And the whole thing is based on the notion of inherited sin because the first woman was deceived by the devil, also His creation. The whole thing makes literally no sense whatsoever.

And no matter how you slice it, you can’t deny that with the New Testament, this infinite, all-knowing, all-powerful God changed the rules on us. He never came up with one set of rules that would apply to all of his creation for all time as one might expect from an infinite, all-knowing, all-powerful God. Seems pretty careless and sloppy for a supreme being. How do we know he won’t change the rules again in the future? How do we know he hasn’t already? Maybe Muhammad or Joseph Smith already received a newer, more perfect revelation.

Or maybe it’s all just man-made bullshit. Now THAT would make sense. When you think of it that way, everything clicks. 

Memes, 🤖, and Original Sin: yes, it is I Who  created man and woman  with Original Sin  then I  drown the  world for  sinning.  then I  impregnated a woman  with myself, so I could  be born.  Okay.  Now, Im going  Heard enough!  CRUCIFYHIM!  to have myself killed to  save you all from the sin  Igave you in the  A2  first place  C2016 Secular Politics & Humor

• Haha 3

I was paired with a Chinese student for some project in an engineering class and once when we walked by a group Korean students he spit on the ground and said "Korean dogs, I hate them". I was caught off guard for that one. 

10 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

9 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The tweet leaves off the later quote where she says 'it goes into green energy.' Imagine that, a governor who is shocked that infrastructure includes energy. Those power poles just appeared by *magic*....

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE NO SAY IN RUNNING THIS COUNTRY.  JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

1 hour ago, seven said:

I was paired with a Chinese student for some project in an engineering class and once when we walked by a group Korean students he spit on the ground and said "Korean dogs, I hate them". I was caught off guard for that one. 

You don't have to be Caucasian to be a dumbass. It certainly helps, but it's not mandatory.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE NO SAY IN RUNNING THIS COUNTRY.  JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Raise your hand if you had someone like Governor Noem in the group project. Doesn't matter if it was K-12, uni, work. You know who I'm talking about. And yet, here we are.

Yep. @Sawbonz can keep saying, "who's your president," and I know who the President is, but that is not going to fix stupid so somehow stupid is going to have to be neutralized or rendered ineffective or we're all going to look back on these halcyon days and sigh....

Bro - do you even Demiurge??
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Raise your hand if you had someone like Governor Noem in the group project. Doesn't matter if it was K-12, uni, work. You know who I'm talking about. And yet, here we are.

Yep. @Sawbonz can keep saying, "who's your president," and I know who the President is, but that is not going to fix stupid so somehow stupid is going to have to be neutralized or rendered ineffective or we're all going to look back on these halcyon days and sigh....

You will never change the fact that the mean IQ is 100. And that is not a partisan problem. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You will never change the fact that the mean IQ is 100. And that is not a partisan problem. 

No, but taking advantage of it regardless of partisanship is ...I don't know...my spouse would say it's the way the world works, but it just seems so wrong. People afraid and angry all the time, it's not a good thing...

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, seven said:

Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans generally think little of each other due to a long history of issues and conflicts with each other. They think even less of SE Asians. They are okay with whites, but browns and blacks will get discriminated against pretty badly sometimes.  Non-white expats tell some crazy stories of shit that is done or said to them sometimes. Stuff that is outside the usual anti-foreigner crap you will experience in almost every country, in some form or another, if you live there for an extended time.  Luckily, at least in Korea, and probably Japan and China too, the younger generations (under 50) are increasingly more open and less bigoted/racist. It is probably because they increasingly watch media, listen to music, and engage in pop culture from around Asia and the rest of the world, and not just from their own culture. The social progress I have seen in Korea in the decade I have been here has been substantial.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:
5 hours ago, seven said:

So let me get this straight, both the Chinese and Koreans look at each other like they are the fucking Irish or something?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So let me get this straight, both the Chinese and Koreans look at each other like they are the fucking Irish or something?

I was going to say something similar.  It's not unusual at all for Europeans to look down on other euros.  I don't know why it comes as a surprise for the same phenomenon to occur in Asia.

• Hook 'Em 2