The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Yew sound foreign.
Yeah I've never heard "dumb as turnip greens." I had a subcontractor back in the day from Cali that tried to talk Texan, except he conflated various things like " can't squeeze blood out of a lemon" or "raining like a cow peeing in a field".

My favorite was " when in Rome " morphing into " be a Roman".
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh god. I know all those James morons.

They are dumb as turnip greens.

At the time of James' run and famous commercials, the Bham News interviewed a former classmate who went to the same boarding school.

(These Men of the People quite often go to boarding schools.)

Anyway, sounds like young Tim was permanently traumatized by having to string together short sentences in Spanish class.

This is the man, who with a razor-thin lead headed into the primaries, made jokes about firing Nick Saban. I think James lost by a few hundred votes.

53 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Yeah I've never heard "dumb as turnip greens." I had a subcontractor back in the day from Cali that tried to talk Texan, except he conflated various things like " can't squeeze blood out of a lemon" or "raining like a cow peeing in a field".

And thinking that "Y'all" means one person.

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

C95C6492-7045-4BE0-BCED-2F9335725A04.gif

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So that's a good thing?  Language is confusing.

This is a good thing.

Some people do know what conservatism means.  

Sarah Huckabee Sanders will sign this into law day 1, sadly. 

Obviously, the immigrants at the border.  And AOC.  And a Mr. Rowan Sinatra.  And possibly certain executives of a one, Major League Baseball.  

Miscalculation city on Mitch's part. Voter suppression can work because the fact that more people hate Republicans than don't can be overcome by gerrymander and Jim Crow. But playing culture-war-footsie with Corporate America is dealing with a totally different calculus. The whole reason companies are defying the GOP in the first place is that they are worried about their bottom line, because there are more consumers who hate the GOP than don't. There's very little the minority party in the Senate can do about the fact that consumer backlash is less controllable than voter backlash.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/4/2021 at 10:59 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Unfortunately, I have seen a fair number of militant blacks and academics make this exact assertion.

The theory behind it is that they lack power, so they can't truly be racist.  Which is pretty mind-bottling unto itself.

On 4/4/2021 at 11:35 PM, Pancho said:

The argument is there’s a difference in being racist and being prejudice. Being racist has to do with those who are the majority in Power.  Then it goes to those who understand the difference between power and Power.

Ibram X. Kendi, who I would argue is a leading authority on this, states pretty simply that racism is 

"A racist idea is any idea that suggests one racial group is inferior to or superior to another racial group in any way. Racist ideas argue that the inferiorities and superiorities of racial groups explain racial inequities in society." 

16 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Miscalculation city on Mitch's part. Voter suppression can work because the fact that more people hate Republicans than don't can be overcome by gerrymander and Jim Crow. But playing culture-war-footsie with Corporate America is dealing with a totally different calculus. The whole reason companies are defying the GOP in the first place is that they are worried about their bottom line, because there are more consumers who hate the GOP than don't. There's very little the minority party in the Senate can do about the fact that consumer backlash is less controllable than voter backlash.

I’m sure Corporate America is really scared.  “Oh noes, Mitch, don’t lightly slap my ass, big boy!”

Edited by Bateshorn

32 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Ibram X. Kendi, who I would argue is a leading authority on this, states pretty simply that racism is 

I’m sure Corporate America is really scared.  “Oh noes, Mitch, don’t lightly slap my ass, big boy!”

Author Ibram X. Kendi defines racism as: 

"Racism is a marriage of racist policies and racist ideas that produces and normalizes racial inequities."  (p. 17-18, How to Be an Antiracist)

Kendi then goes on to define racial inequity, racist policies, and racist ideas.

"Racial inequity is when two or more racial groups are not standing on approximately equal footing." (p. 18)

"A racist policy is any measure that produces or sustains racial inequity between racial groups. By policy, I mean written and unwritten laws, rules, procedures, processes, regulations, and guidelines that govern people." (p. 18)

"A racist idea is any idea that suggests one racial group is inferior to or superior to another racial group in any way. Racist ideas argue that the inferiorities and superiorities of racial groups explain racial inequities in society." (p. 20)

For more on these important distinctions and definitions, read pp. 17-23 of his book, How to Be an Antiracist. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Exactly.

In addition, we are three months out of an attempted coup and other than some low level folks facing charges for which few will spend significant time confined, there are a large number of citizens who lied in advance about fraud, lied about the election results, funded the coup attempt, publicized the events leading to the attempt, and were fine with the attempt. Afterwards, they scrubbed their social media, spent significant time on broadcast television lying, gaslighting, and downplaying their part in the attempt and have faced no repercussions whatsoever.

Call me when they and corporate America actually give a damn about what the electorate and consumers want.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Call me when they and corporate America actually give a damn about what the electorate and consumers want.

What consumers want is one thing. What consumers will pay for is entirely another. It's a cynical calculation, but occasionally it works for good. Sure, but accident, but I'll take it when it happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

What consumers want is one thing. What consumers will pay for is entirely another. It's a cynical calculation, but occasionally it works for good. Sure, but accident, but I'll take it when it happens.

It's going to be interesting as Millennials and Gen Z  take over as the largest spending demographics and force corporations to pay more attention to social issues. Can you imagine a 2022 midterm without Republican coffers stuffed to the rafters with corporate money?   

27 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

It's going to be interesting as Millennials and Gen Z  take over as the largest spending demographics and force corporations to pay more attention to social issues. Can you imagine a 2022 midterm without Republican coffers stuffed to the rafters with corporate money?   

Nope. 

2 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Cotton must be thirsty with DeSantis in the spotlight this past weekend.

Pretty sure we put more people in jail than any other country -- by a wide margin.

Maybe we should start looking at causes and not "cures."

Cotton is a senator from the state that just overrode the governor's veto of an anti-trans bill.  

Edited by Bullneck

59 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Are you fist-fucking kidding me?  Holy. Shit.

Pick whatever extreme position you want that involves human suffering to some degree.  Maybe whatever you picked out has already happened in our country, or some other country.  Doesn't matter what it is, or how horrifying it may be. 

Some GOP elected official will publicly stake out a position in favor of whatever scenario you just picked out, and do it with a straight face.  If another GOP official spoke favorably of whatever you chose, others will follow along soon enough proclaiming whatever abhorrent position that is isn't enough, and we need do to more because the future of the country is at stake.

Placing this here since the complaint was regarding an RNC video and the ethics complaint filed with USOSC. Patton violated the Hatch Act and is barred for four years from federal employment. (Four seems convenient IMO as it covers a term but I'd prefer to see eight to make it more difficult to implement the usual revolving door policy.

Here is an article: https://www.newsweek.com/lynne-patton-punishment-gratifying-says-ethics-group-that-complained-about-ex-trump-official-1581467

But the best summation is here in this tweet; while I agree that going after violations is important, why not go for the larger violations first?

I mean, I'm guessing the craziest shit in this picture is actually the fucking bumper, which I'm guessing is the written out second amendment. Fuck. 

It is.

Also like the fuck Biden and fuck you if you voted for him sticker. I just think these people are unstable lunatics if you have to put all that shit on your car.