The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

This is only going to get worse across all parts of the country at all levels of government. Some of the worst people imaginable are going to be governing you. 

On the one hand, he seems moderate

But then you read what he did,  just a few days after retweeting this

He fucked around and found out, and he’s going to be making new friends in jail.  

10 hours ago, shakahorn said:

1, 4, 2, 3.  Sorry, I know I'm going to hell...someone had to do it.

If they are mostly covering up day-to-day (habits, etc.), and taking care to get some exercise, they probably aren't as wrinkly and old-looking under the clothes as you might think.

I'm speaking on behalf of a friend.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That’s because there is no “policy” in the Trump GQP....only “content generation.” It’s just a loop of insane sound bites, and nothing more. Repeat them, and you’re a prophet...suggest anything else, and you’re a heretic to be excommunicated.

11 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You're assuming they would give the first scintilla of a shit about actual policy. They don't; they care about the spectacle. The show is the reason.

To paraphrase Loki from his upcoming TV series: The GOP has built quite the circus, and I see the clowns are playing their parts to perfection.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, he seems moderate

But then you read what he did,  just a few days after retweeting this

He fucked around and found out, and he’s going to be making new friends in jail.  

Holy crap this story 

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

“We’ve seen the rise of conservative voices without having to beg for an Op-Ed in the Washington Post or New York Times, or a speaking slot on CNN. Social networks allow conservative voices to easily find conservative viewers.”

It’s like they don’t have an entire 24/7 propaganda network with one of the highest viewerships in the country. They are so oppressed. 

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Citizens United whirlwind gonna be reaped?  Isn’t this violating the corporation’s freedom of speech?  That’s a gross oversimplification but seems like it’s a government restricted the “speech” so to speak of corporations.  

Well Eanes managed to turn back the two Trump cultists trying to turn the school board into culture war central.  It was way closer than comfortable with each of the jackasses getting 45 percent of the vote.  I am ready to get on the ledge if we can’t get that number down to about 20 percent.  No way there are that many burn it down people out there, we just can’t get most people to vote.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Guest Lobo
57 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Well Eanes managed to turn back the two Trump cultists trying to turn the school board into culture war central.  It was way closer than comfortable with each of the jackasses getting 45 percent of the vote.  I am ready to get on the ledge if we can’t get that number down to about 20 percent.  No way there are that many burn it down people out there, we just can’t get most people to vote.

I actually think the 10-point spread in both races (more or less) was somewhat comforting.  Considering the two losing candidates outspent their opponents 3:1.  

"We'll be damned if our school district is gonna be run from Washington, D.C. elites some 1500 miles away.  Now then, let's check in with nearby Mar-a-Lago to chat with people who are truly connected to the public K-12 experience and see what they think about education."  

If they weren't so damn obvious about their cocksucking of Trump, they both could have won on their "bloated budgets/not enough emphasis on fundamental coursework/lack of oversight and transparency" platforms.  Hopefully this is a micro-example of being a fucking asshole who worships Trump, still...is not in the interest of parents these days.  It may work for a run at U.S. Congress, but it falls on deaf ears when it comes to elite school districts.  

Edited by Lobo

21 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I read a Reuters article on this.  The gist of the Democratic strategy seemed to be “well we didn’t endorse or help anyone but we hope we make more inroads in Texas.”  Good luck with all that.

The strategy was not to blow money on a long shot special election against a widow and nationalize the race ahead of midterms when the district lines will change dramatically after redraws.

It flew so far under the radar, not even the GOP is gloating today about it. 

Edited by Js1

23 hours ago, texas08 said:

When will they start wearing/displaying armbands to show their allegiance to Dotard and the GQP?

Its already began here. A few of the local vocals are wanting businesses to fly the flag of their allegiance out front so everyone can know where to spend their money. 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

Lake Travis also managed to fend off their qandidate who made headlines when she threw a fit at Nordstrom Rack. The scary thing is that she had a lot of vocal support until that happened, and she still managed to snag 25 percent of the vote. Still waiting to see if her campaign treasurer Jennifer Fleq files some stupid suit challenging the election.

Lakeway also held off her friend who was running for city council (though one of the three winners is at least sympathetic to her).

It looks like, for now, the affluent western suburbs of Travis County are staying relatively sane despite their longtime status as a Republican stronghold. Maybe the people with money in the game know better than to summon the dark forces of Trumpism.

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If you assign a value of $600 to each of them, that’s what 60-80k worth?

So, no college education for that girl in the picture.  But as Boobert proved, you don't need book learnin'.

6 hours ago, HenryJames said:

I'm tell you: it's going to take a while to build air tight cases but all of these scumbags are going down. Biden's administration is culturally and ethnically balanced. Everywhere you look there will be appointees and staff and judges who know firsthand the sting of bias and racism and they aren't letting anyone off easy.  

• Like 1

That is the issue. CNN had some R Senator who was also a doctor on to talk about his campaign to get people vaccinated. He was asked about certain crazy anti-vaccine statements from Ron Johnson and Tucker. He said he wasn’t going to get into that and just encouraged everyone to get vaccinated. That’s the main problem with the Republican Party. The good ones will not stand up to the bad ones. That is how evil wins. Bad people will always be in every party, but when the good ones no longer have the balls and common decency to stand for good, then we all lose. The R Senator could have easily said Ron Johnson and Tucker are mistaken, and vaccines are 100% safe. But no, he’s a pussy. 

Wait - they’re cops?