The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

What they’ve all been awaiting;

Now I long for yesterday.

Doubt it, but if it happens this will fail way worse than liberal themed talk radio. Trump supporting grandma isn’t gonna like what she finds on here, or more specifically what finds her.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m not going to click the link or Twitter page- but it would be so very funny if the app was just so people could read what he had to say, like a Single user Twitter  

Actually on reading it closer I think that’s exactly what it is. Lol

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m not going to click the link or Twitter page- but it would be so very funny if the app was just so people could read what he had to say, like a Single user Twitter  

Like where you sign up and just receive messages from Trump?  And can't reply, forward, or anything like that?  Just a closed loop where they can all hang on his every word and leave the rest of decent society alone?  Fuck yeah, let's C-round fund the fuck outta that thing.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Like where you sign up and just receive messages from Trump?  And can't reply, forward, or anything like that?  Just a closed loop where they can all hang on his every word and leave the rest of decent society alone?  Fuck yeah, let's C-round fund the fuck outta that thing.  

Like an email?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

This is the greatest idea. Hope it works out for him. Bongino on Facebook ain’t gonna be happy though.

Doubt it, but if it happens this will fail way worse than liberal themed talk radio. Trump supporting grandma isn’t gonna like what she finds on here, or more specifically what finds her.

Trump supporting grandma just figured out Facebook in the past four years. Trump will be dead before she finds the new platform.
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo
5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Like an email?

No, see my idea is completely different.  Trump would see something out in the world and want to comment on it, instantaneous.  So he would put together a few sentences and push that out, on the line.  Sound like email?  Nah, that's fine but this is different.  Now let's go with Trump's idea...you push those sentences out instantaneously on the line, sharing it with his followers and after that...he doesn't have to say shit.  It's instantaneous commenting on things he doesn't like.  Totally different concept than email.  We'll call it Trump-a-gram.  But not the Don, Jr. version because that size goes pretty quick.  

Yeah it’s more like an amber alert on your phone, except it pings you when he uploads a new comment and you have to give them $20 a month to receive and  in the T&C you agree to have your info distributed to all the Trump pacs, trump properties, and other Trump supported ventures. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Like where you sign up and just receive messages from Trump?  And can't reply, forward, or anything like that?  

From the story (yeah, yeah, I clicked):

The space allows Trump to post, and allows followers to share the former president’s posts to Twitter and Facebook, however, the new platform does not have a feature to allow users to "reply" or engage with Trump’s posts.

"This is just a one-way communication," one source familiar with the space told Fox News. "This system allows Trump to communicate with his followers." 

I don't do Facebook beyond mountain snow reports and even then it annoys me b/c the crazy seeps in everywhere.  not much on twitter anymore other than lists I curate with tweetdeck.  any other tweet i usually get from threads like this or maybe a story on reddit.  so can avoid most of this i hope.

Biggest pain, imo, is if all the corporate media outlets start going to back to "here's the crazy shit he said today" reporting. 

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah it’s more like an amber alert on your phone, except it pings you when he uploads a new comment and you have to give them $20 a month to receive and  in the T&C you agree to have your info distributed to all the Trump pacs, trump properties, and other Trump supported ventures. 

No way it's a flat rate.  $5 per comment.  That way, when he needs money, he can comment up a storm and bring in the cash.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Check out this woke, libtard column from the dangerously radical organization called the The National Review:

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-tuesday/what-the-republican-party-needs-vs-what-it-wants/

All that and Kinzinger’s endorsement got Wood...about one percentage point more than Big Dan Rodimer, who is getting rightfully dunked on.

I think Wright’s wife and looming reapportionment tell more of the story, but it was a bit disappointing. Was the deceased Wright running as MAGA or someone with a bit of a soul?

Edited by TheStoicPaisano

If the cost of entry into Republican politics is that you have to pretend to buy into lies, then I don’t want to do that.”

but actually buying into lies like "fiscal conservative" is probably just fine

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I read the link. That’s exactly what it is. 

This is just a one-way communication," one source familiar with the space told Fox News. "This system allows Trump to communicate with his followers." 

• Haha 3

Well, whenever he goes on those diatribes, I let him go for a bit then am like “yeah whatever dude. You see Texas got a grand transfer from Bama? Between what UT baseball is doing, what Sark is throwing together and the Beard bore, man! It’s gonna be a fun few years!” 

He actually thinks 9/11 was an inside job and Cheney and Bush were the most corrupt potus and vp we’ve ever had all while thinking Obama was by far the worst President we’ve ever had. Then like 3 weeks into Biden’s time in the White House, he was like “all he’s doing is piggy backing off Trumps covid plan and Trumps this and that.” Then he thinks Jen Psaki is a terrible press Secretary compared to the last lying cunt we had. Oh and this one truly takes the cake. He thinks Joe Biden is racist. Yeah. He thinks Joe and Jill are hardcore racist. He loves Ted Cruz. thinks DeSantist is by far the best governor in the county. He loves Mitch McConnell. He thinks AOC is an idiot. And somehow the left has gone too far. I’m yet to hear one argument that the left has gone too far but apparently we have and “this is war!” Oh and thinks the insurrection where white trash were literally trying to murder Pence, Pelosi, AOC and god knows who else was nothing compared to the damage and the looting the left and BLM and Antifa has done over the last year. We’re so fucked 

5 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Imma gonna tap the brakes on this a bit.  Pre-Trump, Eanes was a Republican bastion in Travis County.  I'm too lazy to go back and look at the exact voting history of all those precincts, but I will tell you that my precinct has moved decidedly to the Democrats.  In 2012, my precinct went for Romney 53-44.  In 2020, it went 63-36 for Biden.

My point is this: I don't think we should be surprised that there are GQPers running for office in Eanes.  The surprise really is that they don't win.  Hell--that was a 10-point loss; the GQPers aren't even particularly competitive.

I think the most noteworthy point of this election in Eanes was the turnout.  In 2020, 24,000 people voted in Eanes in a presidential election.  In this election, more than 10,000 voted for school board.  That's a pretty small fucking drop-off in turnout from a presidential year (with historically high turnout) to a May election in an off-off year.  And given that the non-GQP candidates won pretty comfortably, I think it is a pretty good sign that Democrats remain engaged and eager to turn out in elections.

I'm pretty sure the spending difference was more than 3:1.  Last I saw, Jen Stevens had spent in the neighborhood of $150K on her campaign.  For a lousy school board seat.  That's absurd.

And the really weird thing is where some of that money was coming from.  A couple who is renting a place in West Lake Hills and send their kids to Trinity dropped $30K on her campaign.  Why?  I'm not sure.  It's a weird story that is so convoluted that I don't even feel comfortable trying to retell it.  Let it suffice to say that shit's fucking weird.

Back "at home," a gal running for school board, probably one of your classmates or nearly so, went GQP on the other candidate.  He won decisively.

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Well, whenever he goes on those diatribes, I let him go for a bit then am like “yeah whatever dude. You see Texas got a grand transfer from Bama? Between what UT baseball is doing, what Sark is throwing together and the Beard bore, man! It’s gonna be a fun few years!” 

He actually thinks 9/11 was an inside job and Cheney and Bush were the most corrupt potus and vp we’ve ever had all while thinking Obama was by far the worst President we’ve ever had. Then like 3 weeks into Biden’s time in the White House, he was like “all he’s doing is piggy backing off Trumps covid plan and Trumps this and that.” Then he thinks Jen Psaki is a terrible press Secretary compared to the last lying cunt we had. Oh and this one truly takes the cake. He thinks Joe Biden is racist. Yeah. He thinks Joe and Jill are hardcore racist. He loves Ted Cruz. thinks DeSantist is by far the best governor in the county. He loves Mitch McConnell. He thinks AOC is an idiot. And somehow the left has gone too far. I’m yet to hear one argument that the left has gone too far but apparently we have and “this is war!” Oh and thinks the insurrection where white trash were literally trying to murder Pence, Pelosi, AOC and god knows who else was nothing compared to the damage and the looting the left and BLM and Antifa has done over the last year. We’re so fucked 

What’s the name of his church? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Dollar Tree

Certainly not a Family Dollar 'cause you can't get pregnant doing the Oregonian Anal.

Edited by Lobo

Check out this woke, libtard column from the dangerously radical organization called the The National Review:

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-tuesday/what-the-republican-party-needs-vs-what-it-wants/

Wood seems like a good dude but a little slow on the uptake about the GQP. Come join the good guys already. We need guys like this in the Dem coalition to destroy the zombie GQP rather than wasting time flailing about inside of it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Not only is this person a dumbass maga sheep, but he seems like a genuinely shitty person. Maybe even a sociopath. Bragging about cutting in front of people social distancing? This bitch needs his ass kicked. 

• Hook 'Em 4

52 minutes ago, Fletch said:

What username is he on Daily Texan?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Not only is this person a dumbass maga sheep, but he seems like a genuinely shitty person. Maybe even a sociopath. Bragging about cutting in front of people social distancing? This bitch needs his ass kicked. 

I’m actually shocked he wasn’t in DC January 6th 

You should report him just to be sure. Maybe they find something actionable. 

also after you report him be sure to tell him that you’ve got a feeling “they” are tracking his movements. Give him some nice paranoia as a French benefit. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

13 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m happy that I have no fucking idea what the inside of a Dollar General or Dollar Tree looks like.

Yeah, I saw the Dollar Tree sign.

But, there is one in my town (over by the mexican supermarket that I frequent), and they have 8lb bags of really nice cocktail ice for a buck each, so yeah, my garage fridge/freezer stays stocked with those bags.  

And, they have pretty decent wine glasses for a buck a piece, so yeah, I have 5 dozen or so of those stored in the laundry room, and they also come out for parties.   They look just fine, and IDGAF if they get broken.  

Edited by Gil Bang

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah, I saw the Dollar Tree sign.

But, there is one in my town (over by the mexican supermarket that I frequent), and they have 8lb bags of really nice cocktail ice for a buck each, so yeah, my garage fridge/freezer stays stocked with those bags.  

And, they have pretty decent wine glasses for a buck a piece, so yeah, I have 5 dozen or so of those stored in the laundry room, and they also come out for parties.   They look just fine, and IDGAF if they get broken.  

And BTW, if I was sure that all the girls there are down for anal, I'd probably go in more often.  There are a couple that ain't bad.  Most are Vic specials though.