The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

I’m actually shocked he wasn’t in DC January 6th 

After my chats with some of my hardcore right wing friends, specifically with that one I just posted. I’ll post some more in a little bit. But I’m 99% sure the next time an OKC like domestic terrorism due to a paranoid right winger is gonna be celebrated by at least like 40% of the country(the trumpfucks). I understand having some conservative values, but that went out the window with Regan. No telling how this time period is gonna be taught in public schools 20 years from now

So yeah as y’all can he’s not very  smart. And he posts this shit to Instagram and snap stories. And of course he thinks MTG is a great one of the better smartest politicians in the house. So yeah....38BA79C8-4241-4336-8AA4-4102BEA4F0D5.thumb.jpeg.f8138bd98e7327f078c456d8f732f3c6.jpegll6BD0B8FA-ACFC-47C0-A250-E8C84FF0AC26.thumb.jpeg.1feba30af300831c5cf307df4022e775.jpeg747657AC-2B89-4D4A-9353-111BE45BE104.thumb.jpeg.6de6a8ef9a1811af49d785ae8ae7364d.jpeg2AD0B53B-1F95-4999-BA56-76CB520B1B2D.thumb.jpeg.63ddb051d4d77b07c2f5f144e064077e.jpeg6E0282D0-62BC-4FA8-9AFD-8ABF35601F30.thumb.jpeg.9d07ba753753fe85701b98b44fae9726.jpeg
So yeahhhh I think he’s a lost cause. I was able to get like 7 or so of my friends to go all in on Democrats. But idk how we’re gonna survive these 2 separate reality's thing going on right now. We’re gonna have like 15 OKC style bombings in the next 6ish years. Sighhh. These memes he posts, is he actually laughing at them? Does he actually think those are funny? Or clever? Got damn 

991EBD01-A134-4698-A59A-B853D80F8068.jpeg

5BE46CDB-8E67-4552-8138-142587869119.jpeg

26342327-0548-403E-867E-B8F8D4CCD27B.jpeg

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

Well, whenever he goes on those diatribes, I let him go for a bit then am like “yeah whatever dude. You see Texas got a grand transfer from Bama? Between what UT baseball is doing, what Sark is throwing together and the Beard bore, man! It’s gonna be a fun few years!” 

He actually thinks 9/11 was an inside job and Cheney and Bush were the most corrupt potus and vp we’ve ever had all while thinking Obama was by far the worst President we’ve ever had. Then like 3 weeks into Biden’s time in the White House, he was like “all he’s doing is piggy backing off Trumps covid plan and Trumps this and that.” Then he thinks Jen Psaki is a terrible press Secretary compared to the last lying cunt we had. Oh and this one truly takes the cake. He thinks Joe Biden is racist. Yeah. He thinks Joe and Jill are hardcore racist. He loves Ted Cruz. thinks DeSantist is by far the best governor in the county. He loves Mitch McConnell. He thinks AOC is an idiot. And somehow the left has gone too far. I’m yet to hear one argument that the left has gone too far but apparently we have and “this is war!” Oh and thinks the insurrection where white trash were literally trying to murder Pence, Pelosi, AOC and god knows who else was nothing compared to the damage and the looting the left and BLM and Antifa has done over the last year. We’re so fucked 

IOW, a typical Republican dumbass

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

So yeah as y’all can he’s not very  smart. And he posts this shit to Instagram and snap stories. And of course he thinks MTG is a great one of the better smartest politicians in the house. So yeah....38BA79C8-4241-4336-8AA4-4102BEA4F0D5.thumb.jpeg.f8138bd98e7327f078c456d8f732f3c6.jpegll6BD0B8FA-ACFC-47C0-A250-E8C84FF0AC26.thumb.jpeg.1feba30af300831c5cf307df4022e775.jpeg747657AC-2B89-4D4A-9353-111BE45BE104.thumb.jpeg.6de6a8ef9a1811af49d785ae8ae7364d.jpeg2AD0B53B-1F95-4999-BA56-76CB520B1B2D.thumb.jpeg.63ddb051d4d77b07c2f5f144e064077e.jpeg6E0282D0-62BC-4FA8-9AFD-8ABF35601F30.thumb.jpeg.9d07ba753753fe85701b98b44fae9726.jpeg
So yeahhhh I think he’s a lost cause. I was able to get like 7 or so of my friends to go all in on Democrats. But idk how we’re gonna survive these 2 separate reality's thing going on right now. We’re gonna have like 15 OKC style bombings in the next 6ish years. Sighhh. These memes he posts, is he actually laughing at them? Does he actually think those are funny? Or clever? Got damn 

991EBD01-A134-4698-A59A-B853D80F8068.jpeg

5BE46CDB-8E67-4552-8138-142587869119.jpeg

26342327-0548-403E-867E-B8F8D4CCD27B.jpeg

And, seriously, I'd love to beat this dude like a rented mule.  What a worthless cunt. 

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Andrew seems dumb AF and I’m not sure why you waste your time 

Yeah I don’t text him back all that often. And sometimes he and I don’t discuss politics, just sports and hilarious stories from high school and shit.

33 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah I don’t text him back all that often. And sometimes he and I don’t discuss politics, just sports and hilarious stories from high school and shit.

While your intentions were noble, sadly, those days are long gone.

Because he's always going to go there now.  The seal has been broken.  He has to own a lib.

6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Is the pushback beginning?

"Any Republican talking...about the election fraud issues that have been debunked is not leadership. It only shows that you're able to take commands from Donald Trump."

I imagine he won't make it out of the Rep primary, if he runs again. 

14 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Yep, the only Reps who find their backbones are ones who aren't running for election or re-election.  Cowards one and all. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Is the pushback beginning?

The pushback began before the election. The problem is, the pushback is not strong enough. I posted a Foreign Policy mag article a while back that cited roughly 30% of the population globally as being preconditioned to accept authoritarianism. The GQP is going to be whittled down to only include people in that subset. Since not the entire 30% will be politically active, that means the GQP purity tests are going to leave them at somewhere between 20-25% of folk who vote.

The real test of our democracy will be whether or not they are able to manipulate elections, and maintain power with that small a cabal.

But make no mistake -- conservatives who push back will be pushed out.

• Rage+1 1

According to his Twitter profile he’s a “freedom loving patriot”. Which is, of course, obvious from his exchanges with you.

i'm surprised there isn't more liz cheney republican hero chatter around this thread. a few posts is all i've seen. 

i find the power struggle amazing. the most incredible part of it, for me, is how republican leadership are all in on the trump purity test. i can't imagine a more dangerous gamble than that. they are missing the opportunity of a lifetime to return to sanity. even mcconnell is laying low, probably because he doesn't want to get broken off after his anti-trump post insurrection performance. but mccarthy, leader of the house republican conference, is full on trump cult. it's so short-sighted in my opinion. now is their opportunity to jettison the crazies, but instead they are doubling down on them. 

elise fucking stefanik is one step shy of fully going full q-anon. jesus christ republicans, unfuck your party.

i'm surprised there isn't more liz cheney republican hero chatter around this thread. a few posts is all i've seen. 
i find the power struggle amazing. the most incredible part of it, for me, is how republican leadership are all in on the trump purity test. i can't imagine a more dangerous gamble than that. they are missing the opportunity of a lifetime to return to sanity. even mcconnell is laying low, probably because he doesn't want to get broken off after his anti-trump post insurrection performance. but mccarthy, leader of the house republican conference, is full on trump cult. it's so short-sighted in my opinion. now is their opportunity to jettison the crazies, but instead they are doubling down on them. 
elise fucking stefanik is one step shy of fully going full q-anon. jesus christ republicans, unfuck your party.

I don’t think the R’s have a choice on the trump cult train, their voters will just dig up a q nut to replace them.
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No hero chatter from me for being a barely decent person. 

She's doing the bare minimum, same as Romney.  They still have abhorrent views and are still fully regarded troglodytes when it comes to LGBT rights, taxes, police reform, government programs, etc.  Not sucking off Trump's Big Lie and being polite to the President as he's coming down the aisle to address Congress is literally the barest minimum. 

Sadly, both of those things will mean they will lose their jobs.  Cheney will be replaced in House leadership and lose her primary - Cheney, Bush, Romney, etc. going to bat for her in a primary will just make it worse for her.  Romney may be a Mormon hero, but some Mike Lee wannabe is waiting in the wings to primary him. 

Both of them don't even have the backbone to buck their party's core ideology (i.e., "obstructing everything Biden is trying to do") - walk softly and carry a big noisy stick that you never use. 

i'll take that point. good post.

i just find the power struggle interesting. 

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

I don’t think the R’s have a choice on the trump cult train, their voters will just dig up a q nut to replace them.

that's what amazes me though. republicans are usually pretty good at messaging. they cannot outmessage q nuts? or do they simply not want to try and do so?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i'll take that point. good post.

i just find the power struggle interesting. 

that's what amazes me though. republicans are usually pretty good at messaging. they cannot outmessage q nuts? or do they simply not want to try and do so?

The county club set spent 40 years whipping the rubes into a frenzy.  But they thought they could lead them around by the nose with "muh guns" and "smosmortion!"  It worked for a long while until they sufficiently smoothed out the brain wrinkles of so many by their repetition of those two themes, with a dollop of "lower taxes [subtext: for the rich, not for for the masses haha!]" that now their electorate demands only Idiocracy.  They're reaping what they've sown.  Unfortunately, their idiocy infects the whole system and the rest of us are not immune from their democracy undermining shenanigans.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I believe when someone tells you who they are, you should believe them.  This is who they are.  Some just don't scream it as loudly as others.

• Hook 'Em 3

The National Review had it right: Republicans are cowards.

I find conservative ideology repugnant, but it is nevertheless possible to be an honest conservative; it is not possible right now to be an honest Republican. It's that simple, and Cheney is finding that out. Romney and Cheney will both, more than likely, make a big show of leaving the party some time in the next couple of months, and people will think it's a big deal. I suppose it will be, but not because anything positive is going to come out of it. It's just one more signpost on the slug-slime slathered road to perdition.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The National Review had it right: Republicans are cowards.

I find conservative ideology repugnant, but it is nevertheless possible to be an honest conservative; it is not possible right now to be an honest Republican. It's that simple, and Cheney is finding that out. Romney and Cheney will both, more than likely, make a big show of leaving the party some time in the next couple of months, and people will think it's a big deal. I suppose it will be, but not because anything positive is going to come out of it. It's just one more signpost on the slug-slime slathered road to perdition.

They still won't vote Democrat or encourage anyone else to do so. They'll always see liberals as a greater danger than fascists.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 5

15 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

or do they simply not want to try and do so?

I'm firmly in the "They don't want to" camp.

The Senate GOP had their chance to get rid of Trump in February 2020. They didn't.

Moscow Mitch could have gotten rid of Trump in the days following January 6. They didn't.

It's going to take a 400-EV beatdown for them to get the idea, and I'm not sure if that's possible.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 8:53 AM, MC Fresh Breath said:

My understanding is you don’t run for the school board as a party affiliate, meaning the ballot won’t give some of us the easy out.  The insidious attempts to stuff the school board with this group is anger inducing.

And this is happening all over.

I know this is only of interest to me, but just an update:

https://bendvotes.com/news/elections/bend-school-board-candidates-talking-race-on-fox-news/

We finally found the school board candidates who have been refusing to participate in public events or answer to the public! They’re on Fox News!

Maria Dauenhauer and Wendy Imel are half of a bloc of crank candidates running for Bend-La Pine School Board this year. Traditionally, candidates appear at several public events to present their ideas. This crew has refused at every turn. They refused the League of Women Voters, the Bend Bulletin, etc etc.

Well, they didn’t refuse the Deschutes County Republican Party fundraiser and monthly meeting at the Bend Golf Club.

Screenshot_2021-05-02-Apr-28-Central-Com

Now, we find Dauenhauer and Imel live on Laura Ingraham’s show on Fox News. Yes, that Laura Ingraham.

They followed a segment called, “Everything Racist” where Ingraham railed about… broccoli? Carrying on.

The Bend candidates were introduced as “running on a platform of breaking the woke monopoly that’s brainwashing our kids.”

Conversation quickly turned to – what else, it is Laura Ingraham – race and “leftist indoctrination.”

Says Ingraham: “They’re teaching kids not to love America but to immediately suspect America. Are you concerned about that?”

Wendy Imel: “Yes.”

Tired of politics in schools?

Watch the whole exchange on YouTube starting at 34:40. Jump directly there with this link.

I’ll have a deeper dive into the tangled finances of this crew of conspiratorial cranks soon. Stay tuned.

"Leftist indoctrination"  in my head generates that "I wish a motherfucker would" image.   This kind of thing I believe is not just happening in Oregon.  I don't have much hope for national elections but please watch your local elections folks.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

58 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

if they jettison the crazies, who is left? Without the crazies, there is no GOP.

edit: what brickhorn said.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
ask yo momma

So…

Help me understand their beef with Critical Race Theory and how this got started. It just seemed to blow up as a radical right wing talking point out of nowhere.

And the most crazy part, every radical Republican that mentions it either a.) can’t tell us what it is or b.) makes up shit that is 100% wrong.

I used CRT as the framework for my dissertation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

So…

Help me understand their beef with Critical Race Theory and how this got started. It just seemed to blow up as a radical right wing talking point out of nowhere.

And the most crazy part, every radical Republican that mentions it either a.) can’t tell us what it is or b.) makes up shit that is 100% wrong.

It acknowledges that racism exists. That's it. That's their entire beef with it.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It acknowledges that racism exists. That's it. That's their entire beef with it.

This.  Just like Biden even saying "white supremacy" in his speech to Congress got them all upset. 

They don't like when they called for what they are. 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

So…

And the most crazy part, every radical Republican that mentions it either a.) can’t tell us what it is if b.) makes you shit that is 100% wrong.

It is just a culture war rallying cry using the typical fear-based identity politik the right uses over and over. Nothing new.  I’ve seen a wide range of responses to CRT that include things like “we can’t solve racism with more racism,” “my children are going to be labeled racists,” and none of them require any understanding of CRT

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

No hero chatter from me for being a barely decent person. 

She's doing the bare minimum, same as Romney.  They still have abhorrent views and are still fully regarded troglodytes when it comes to LGBT rights, taxes, police reform, government programs, etc.  Not sucking off Trump's Big Lie and being polite to the President as he's coming down the aisle to address Congress is literally the barest minimum. 

Sadly, both of those things will mean they will lose their jobs.  Cheney will be replaced in House leadership and lose her primary - Cheney, Bush, Romney, etc. going to bat for her in a primary will just make it worse for her.  Romney may be a Mormon hero, but some Mike Lee wannabe is waiting in the wings to primary him. 

Both of them don't even have the backbone to buck their party's core ideology (i.e., "obstructing everything Biden is trying to do") - walk softly and carry a big noisy stick that you never use. 

And the Republican Party just keeps getting shittier and shittier. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I've never been curious enough about CRT to even look before, so I took a gander at Wiki:

Critical race theory (CRT) is an academic movement of civil-rights scholars and activists in the United States who seek to critically examine the law as it intersects with issues of race and to challenge mainstream liberal approaches to racial justice.[1]

The footnote is for Ansell, Amy (2008). "Critical Race Theory". In Schaefer, Richard T. (ed.). Encyclopedia of Race, Ethnicity, and Society. Sage. pp. 344–346. ISBN 978-1412926942.

Interesting. So, "Liberal" ideas are the ones being challenged. Granted, that's probably referring to the academic definition of "Liberal" rather than the one most political hacks are used to, but still. Hard to see, at first glance, what there is to get one's knickers in a knot over. My guess is it's as simple as "black folk are talking about it; it must be bad."

Guest Lobo
11 minutes ago, Pancho said:

So…

Two Trumpers ran for school board in our district against two incumbents (who I am not crazy about).  They both lost 55-45.  Their huge driving points were "Open Schools Back Up Now!!!" (our school year had 50% in person capacity for the first quarter and 100% in person the last three quarters, not sure what they were yelling about) and then how the new district DEI director was overhauling STEM curriculum in order to teach Critical Race Theory.  And a huge portion of our electorate ate it up.  Neighbors were asking me what I thought about all this.  I guess the part where our kids come home and tell us about MLK or Jackie Robinson is a bad thing? There's no CRT curriculum, they just added some extra stuff during Black History Month.  There's still barely any discussion of Latin or Asian culture/history, so I really don't think CRT is overtaking our schools.  Unless the busybodies start finding out wheat Al-Hebra gave us.  

This is a bit of a tangent, but I think is responsive to the question about why they hate CRT. I and a few others have quoted a line before about conservatism, but I went and tracked down the original post it comes from:

There is no such thing as liberalism — or progressivism, etc.

There is only conservatism. No other political philosophy actually exists; by the political analogue of Gresham’s Law, conservatism has driven every other idea out of circulation.

There might be, and should be, anti-conservatism; but it does not yet exist. What would it be? In order to answer that question, it is necessary and sufficient to characterize conservatism. Fortunately, this can be done very concisely.

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit:

There must be in-groups whom the law protectes but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time.

For millenia, conservatism had no name, because no other model of polity had ever been proposed. “The king can do no wrong.” In practice, this immunity was always extended to the king’s friends, however fungible a group they might have been. Today, we still have the king’s friends even where there is no king (dictator, etc.). Another way to look at this is that the king is a faction, rather than an individual.

As the core proposition of conservatism is indefensible if stated baldly, it has always been surrounded by an elaborate backwash of pseudophilosophy, amounting over time to millions of pages. All such is axiomatically dishonest and undeserving of serious scrutiny. Today, the accelerating de-education of humanity has reached a point where the market for pseudophilosophy is vanishing; it is, as The Kids Say These Days, tl;dr . All that is left is the core proposition itself — backed up, no longer by misdirection and sophistry, but by violence.

So this tells us what anti-conservatism must be: the proposition that the law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone, and cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.

Then the appearance arises that the task is to map “liberalism”, or “progressivism”, or “socialism”, or whateverthefuckkindofstupidnoise-ism, onto the core proposition of anti-conservatism.

No, it a’n’t. The task is to throw all those things on the exact same burn pile as the collected works of all the apologists for conservatism, and start fresh. The core proposition of anti-conservatism requires no supplementation and no exegesis. It is as sufficient as it is necessary. What you see is what you get:

The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.

There's a conversation going on right now in the DT covid thread that encapsulates this perfectly. Some people just don't think there should be any rules that they have to play by. Rules aren't for them, rules are for other people. But they know that's not popular so they try to dress it up with a bunch of psuedophilosophical "ideas," one of the newer examples of which is their new commitment to "colorblindness" as policy. They know that if more people understand that racism continues to exist and continues to hurt minorities today, more people will want to do something about it. And that would threaten their self-perceived social, cultural, and economic power.

Their greatest fear is that there's a chance that one day they'll be treated the same way they've treated everyone else for their entire lives, so they're constantly throwing shit at the wall trying to convince enough people of their nonsense ideas in order to preserve the status quo a little longer.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Two Trumpers ran for school board in our district against two incumbents (who I am not crazy about).  They both lost 55-45.  Their huge driving points were "Open Schools Back Up Now!!!" (our school year had 50% in person capacity for the first quarter and 100% in person the last three quarters, not sure what they were yelling about) and then how the new district DEI director was overhauling STEM curriculum in order to teach Critical Race Theory.  And a huge portion of our electorate ate it up.  Neighbors were asking me what I thought about all this.  I guess the part where our kids come home and tell us about MLK or Jackie Robinson is a bad thing? There's no CRT curriculum, they just added some extra stuff during Black History Month.  There's still barely any discussion of Latin or Asian culture/history, so I really don't think CRT is overtaking our schools.  Unless the busybodies start finding out wheat Al-Hebra gave us.  

I’m surprised they didn’t run on “why do we need a DEI director?  Waste of money”

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I have a former friend who is completely obsessed with it.  She also has two daughters in college, which probably drives that obsession.  My breaking point was when she was lecturing me on how CRT is taking over college campuses.  I told her that I have worked on a college campus for 30 years and have never heard of it.  She accused me of being uninformed and dropped a Tucker line on me, "They'll come for your classes soon!"  

(I mainly teach asset pricing and technology classes, so I told her to go fuck herself.)

• Hook 'Em 5