The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

image.jpeg.fad8caadaefbe29db53bffbb35f75528.jpeg

Remember when a WAPO reporter showed an undecided Senator Murkowski Nera Tanden’s flippant tweet, hoping to elicit a response?

Maybe some reporters can seek out McCarthy and read his words back to him.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can immediately think of three scenarios to match Kevin McCarthy's actions/change of heart about Cheney.

1. Kevin McCarthy is an actual fascist/authoritarian/hates America
  2. Kevin McCarthy is afraid that if he doesn't, or at least isn't seen as trying to, get the Majority back, that his BMDs will bail for somebody who can deliver for them.
  3. Kevin McCarthy is terrified that if he doesn't do what Trump wants, he will be booted out of his own leadership position, and probably primaried by Trumpers.

Now, one, two, or even all three of those could be true.

But... in the wake of Jan. 6, McCarthy criticized Trump for the riot.  Then he started having a change of heart, and after visiting Trump, he came off as willing to bend over and spread at the drop of a Big Mac wrapper.

Remind you of anybody?  Maybe Lindsey Graham?  Of course, with Lindsey, I always wonder if his change of heart about Trump involves blackmale of some kind.

But with McCarthy, I think it's honestly something as simple as Trump telling him to knock off the criticism and kiss his ring, or a Trumper will primary McCarthy.  Trump and Sons had already made it abundantly clear that anybody who criticized Trump would face problems the next time they are elected.  McCarthy is in California, which means it probably wouldn't be hard to primary him - he normally doesn't have Republican challengers, and those Republicans are used to pulling the (R) lever without much thought. If Trump comes out against McCarthy, McCarthy would be toast.

It doesn’t matter if he’s an enthusiastic fascist or not. What he’s doing is fascism.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bookman said:

My God this is pathetic.

Yep. Any other conclusion is misreading the situation entirely.

Republicans have enough statehouses and judges at the moment that there is room to be nervous, but ultimately, this is likely to be nothing more than them collectively peeing into their own coffee urns. I'm pretty sure that 3rd party is going to launch, and the end result of it is going to be the Trump-led GOP being stuck with a half dozen governorships and state houses, and a blue... wave isn't the right word. More like seeping, ooze everywhere else. Not progressive Democrats, just... non-Republicans everywhere other than Florida, Ohio, Oklahoma and a scattering of other crazy places.

• Like 1

Poor staffer on the other end of the line had to listen to my diatribe when I called my rep to mention the cowardly cowardice displayed during Cheney's speech by the cowards. Did I mention cowards? Yes, yes I did. That would be a whole lot of cowering cowards crowding the exit because of "mean" words that they are too fragile to hear. Craven crooked cowardly cowards.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Republicans have enough statehouses and judges at the moment that there is room to be nervous, but ultimately, this is likely to be nothing more than them collectively peeing into their own coffee urns. I'm pretty sure that 3rd party is going to launch, and the end result of it is going to be the Trump-led GOP being stuck with a half dozen governorships and state houses, and a blue... wave isn't the right word. More like seeping, ooze everywhere else. Not progressive Democrats, just... non-Republicans everywhere other than Florida, Ohio, Oklahoma and a scattering of other crazy places.

I certainly hope the 3rd party launches.  The republican party is already circling the drain but this should siphon off enough voters to ensure they aren't viable as a national party.  It seems like that's what it's going to take to get people to abandon Trump.  I truly don't get why the party is behaving this way.  Kiss the ring or the guy that lost the presidency, lost the senate, and lost the house in 4 years will be mad at you!

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Satchel said:

They need current officeholders.

But if they form a Western Republican Party with Romney and Cheney as their leadership, then hold on to your asses.  The GQP is in serious trouble if you cleave off just 5% of its support.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

They need current officeholders.

But if they form a Western Republican Party with Romney and Cheney as their leadership, then hold on to your asses.  The GQP is in serious trouble if you cleave off just 5% of its support.

That's why no one has stepped out so far and why stepping out beyond .001% will never happen.  Everyone knows only complete solidarity gives them a chance at any power.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

I certainly hope the 3rd party launches.  It seems like it's going to take at least this to get people to abandon Trump.  I truly don't get why the party is behaving this way.  Kiss the ring or the guy that lost the presidency, lost the senate, and lost the house in 4 years will be mad at you!

I listened to her interview at the gaggle after the vote; tbh I don't know how she's going to maintain momentum. The chaos/info deluge that the GQP has mastered moves at a rapid pace and people cannot keep up. Flooding the zone will work for them because the American attention span is short.

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Such courage to challenge him now that he is out of office. This is like joining ww2 the day after hitler died.

The modern day GOP would have been telling everyone Hitler didn’t die, Truman murdered FDR, Churchill was actually dead and it was a body double and the Germans didn’t lose, they just ran out of time. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Lol. Cute. No one’s starting a third party and it’s going absolutely fucking nowhere it was tried. There is no significant faction of Republicans who wants to follow Liz Cheney and Jeff Flake. Trumpism is who Republicans are now. And it’s not going anywhere.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, WBT said:

.  I truly don't get why the party is behaving this way.  Kiss the ring or the guy that lost the presidency, lost the senate, and lost the house in 4 years will be mad at you!

It’s fear.  

House members are headed into primaries within 10 months.  Trump has a massive war chest, and because House races are so localized and can come down to thousands of votes, it’s incredibly cheap and easy to fund a Trumpkin against them.  None of them want Don Jr or Matt Gaetz or whoever to show up in their district campaigning for another Republican.  

I love it.  They should be trying to circle the wagons and regroup and getting away from Trump, the man who cost them the House, Senate, and White House.   Instead they are applying purity tests and trying to destroy any Republican who doesn’t support Trump.

Not any Republican who isn’t a conservative.  No, it’s any Republican who doesn’t support a single man, who was a Democrat for decades 

If George Soros wanted to wreck the GOP, he’d be paying off House Republicans to attack one another just like they are doing.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Pancho said:

Just listened to a segment on Deadline Whitehouse where they are saying radical Republicans are now starting to infiltrate school boards across the country with hopes of opening schools and getting rid of any curriculum/classes/teachers who talk about race, racial injustice, or social justice for minorities. 

This really really weird, odd, baffling, and completely incorrect idea by radical Republicans that racism just either a.) doesn't exist anymore or b.) will go away if you stop talking about it just confirms their stupidity and wish to hold on to white supremacy. 

The weird part about them being up in arms over Critical Race Theory is the theory does take into account White people since White is a race.  

Yep, happening out in Dripping Springs.  They successfully got one of their people elected this month.  She ran on one issue, anti-masks as a MD.  She is a psychiatrist.   Someone also dug up some previous comments on social media from her that stated "in my professional opinion liberalism is a mental illness"   The people that supported and campaigned for her are very don't teach anything about race in our schools.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

What drugs are you on and where can I get some?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

GOP reps exactly like their coward electorate - refusing to own how they vote because they know it is wrong, but lacking the spine or integrity to be better.

Y'all need to stop saying this shit. They're not too scared to do what's right, they're doing exactly what they want to do: laying the groundwork to destroy American democracy to ensure their continued hold on power.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Y'all need to stop saying this shit. They're not too scared to do what's right, they're doing exactly what they want to do: laying the groundwork to destroy American democracy to ensure their continued hold on power.

It's both isn't it? They are doing what they want to do, but they are too scared to go on the record for it. Voice votes, submarine the America First Anglo manifesto after it becomes public, believe Biden is legitimate...but deny deny deny no matter what.

Admitting it is about power portrays them as  Voldemort and the Death Eaters and like Voldemort, they operate out of fear and loss. I am not a student of game theory but in order to have a democracy, I believe it was required that both parties are willing to send clear and reliable information to the other so that debate and discussion may occur. Otherwise the unwillingness to make concessions (hello Mitch!) and mistrust of others' intentions renders the experiment moot.

5 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

You omit the gay teletubby at your own peril.

And the Satan worship of Dungeon and Dragons.

Though my amoral Cleric character spent zero time worshipping, and lots of time smashing, killing, and committing arson until he and the group had amassed a mafia-style empire of front businesses, whorehouses, and hobbit bars. So maybe they were right about that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

GWB is either a coward, doesn't care about the US or GOP party, or he stands with Trump. Or some combination of these 3. There isn't a 4th option.

I can understand an ex-President unwilling to criticize a current President because he doesn't want to cause harm to the POTUS office.  But GWB refuses to use whatever voice he has remaining to stand on the right side of history. 

And don't get me wrong. I think GWB would be newly reviled by the current GOP but sometimes you have to be willing to be unpopular. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

GWB is either a coward, doesn't care about the US or GOP party, or he stands with Trump. Or some combination of these 3. There isn't a 4th option.

I can understand an ex-President unwilling to criticize a current President because he doesn't want to cause harm to the POTUS office.  But GWB refuses to use whatever voice he has remaining to stand on the right side of history. 

And don't get me wrong. I think GWB would be newly reviled by the current GOP but sometimes you have to be willing to be unpopular. 

He’s never been on the right side of history before so why should he start now?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

Today the GQP officially declared itself to be Nazi party 2.0. A cult of personality dedicated to following one evil narcissistic leader that is built on a foundation of lies that is dedicated to overthrowing democracy, eliminating all dissenting parties, and suppressing the majority of the people with corruption and minority rule. 

We are in 1930s Germany. It’s no longer even debatable. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1