The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Basically, the radical right wing Republican Party just wants to cancel and erase the history of people of color in this country. I just challenge any radical Republican to explain why that’s okay in their book

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Basically, the radical right wing Republican Party just wants to cancel and erase the history of people of color in this country. I just challenge any radical Republican to explain why that’s okay in their book

They are snowflakes.  The biggest snowflakes this country has ever seen.  Their egos are so incredibly fragile, it’s a wonder they make it through the day without dropping to the ground in the fetal position multiple times.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

August 15th?  I could've sworn Ms. Taylor-Greene told us August 32nd.  

Dude, it's like Mardi Gras. Two weeks of festivities leading up to the actual event. MAGA gras. 

Wait a minute....

Edited by Pescado_Rojo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Raised right: Confederate flag.  

I mean…to his credit, the modern Republican Party (the right) was partly formed because of racism.

The modern party was formed because the progressives left the Republican Party to form the Bull Moose party in 1912. After the social reformers left, the Republicans were mostly rich northern businessman. Anti-Union.  The big agricultural southerners were also anti-union. Taft- Hartley act in 1947. The Southern Democrats, also briefly the Dixiecrats when they were against Democratic integration policies of Truman in 1948, who had been restrictive blacks via Jim Crow for a hundred years, flocked from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party when Democratic President LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act. Add in the evangelicals after Roe v Wade, and you have the “Pro-Business Jesus Loving Racists” of today. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Goredho said:

Warriors of WalMart.

858127ED-08FA-44EF-BD8B-1C2B260E0CF5.jpeg

you know...i've really had to push my husband the past few years to NOT always expect the worse from people. we travel a lot, mostly on the road, and he's wary to the point of seeming angry anytime we venture someplace new. 

i have encouraged him to react to the way people treat him, more than the way he expects them to treat him. and for the most part that ends up positive, and he is trying not to be so negative in general. it's a struggle, and it's one i can't really relate to, as i am not a senior black man. all i know is it makes me uncomfortable and it makes him less happy/pleasant in general when he's always got his head on a swivel, or a chip on his shoulder, waiting for a fight so-to-speak.

but coming back from SPI a couple weeks ago, we found ourselves behind a giant pickup with a Trump 2024 and a FUCK BIDEN flag. i pointed and laughed as we passed him. driving through MO last week we were behind another truck with a giant homemade FUCK BIDEN banner on the trailer he was towing, replete with a raised middle finger. i mean the dude actually spent real time and 'artistic' effort to make the damn thing. and the shit like above...

and it's not just eye-roll inducing and head-shaking...it's fucking UGLY as shit. it's horrendous and it's NEW. people hated Clinton, W, and Obama...but it wasn't this UGLY. 

THESE PEOPLE HAVE UGLY SOULS. 

i'm not particularly religious at all, but i do believe whatever energy you put out in the world is what you get back...i mean what is wrong with these people, to just be so consumed with anger and hatred that you want to send those message to literally everyone you encounter?? wtf!

my husband is right - this shit is everywhere. as we were approaching home after a week on the road last weekend, i remarked that we'd just had a tour of red America (AR, TN, KY, OH, IN, IL, MO) with pockets of deep, dark blue (Memphis, Nashville, Cincinnati, St. Louis).*

it's unnerving. i guess i kind of do 'get it'. 

Trump is a devil that spawned this grotesque parade of heinous cretins.

* family obligations, not our first choice for a road trip lol 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Mike looks like all he’s been hitting is the Golden Corral 

I'm sure McRaven's gonna love seeing Pompeo's traiterous ass misappropriating this operator term.  

I think Mike Pompeo might suck.

21 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I mean…to his credit, the modern Republican Party (the right) was partly formed because of racism.

The modern party was formed because the progressives left the Republican Party to form the Bull Moose party in 1912. After the social reformers left, the Republicans were mostly rich northern businessman. Anti-Union.  The big agricultural southerners were also anti-union. Taft- Hartley act in 1947. The Southern Democrats, also briefly the Dixiecrats when they were against Democratic integration policies of Truman in 1948, who had been restrictive blacks via Jim Crow for a hundred years, flocked from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party when Democratic President LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act. Add in the evangelicals after Roe v Wade, and you have the “Pro-Business Jesus Loving Racists” of today. 

the first thing the big business republicans worked with southern democrats on was opposing roosevelt's court packing in the 30s

• Hook 'Em 2