The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Damn straight.

Real men argue via internet message board posts.

We're not arguing, we are BEING RIGHT.

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

And another one he sent to me. These fuckin morons 

E6975DFA-F039-4D34-8792-CF7D60634050.png

I owe you one-- I have an old friend I've known since kindergarten who has turned into Angry Trumpist Retweet Machine. Not even clever stuff either, he retweets headlines like "DEMOCRATS DESTROYING AMERICA" with zero accompanying text (I mean, I'd like to know which things we are doing to destroy America that are working.)

I was this close to popping into his FB and saying "Hi, buddy, we've known each other since we were 5, and as a Liberal Democrat I am here to answer any questions you have," while slowly moving the whole conversation into Lizard People Ran The Knights of the Golden Circle from UFOS conspiracies. 

But since your friend is probably replying with all the same retweets as mine would, you have saved me effort, and shown me it wouldn't really be fun.

Thank you for your service.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I have an old friend I've known since kindergarten who has turned into Angry Trumpist Retweet Machine.

Some friend you are; you could've at least given him a heads up that my self-organized Antifa Mob Coming To Pillage His Neighborhood And Step On His Oakleys is next Tuesday at 9:00.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Some friend you are; you could've at least given him a heads up that my self-organized Antifa Mob Coming To Pillage His Neighborhood And Step On His Oakleys is next Tuesday at 9:00.

He's a grown man, let him do his own damn recon.

23 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I owe you one-- I have an old friend I've known since kindergarten who has turned into Angry Trumpist Retweet Machine. Not even clever stuff either, he retweets headlines like "DEMOCRATS DESTROYING AMERICA" with zero accompanying text (I mean, I'd like to know which things we are doing to destroy America that are working.)

I was this close to popping into his FB and saying "Hi, buddy, we've known each other since we were 5, and as a Liberal Democrat I am here to answer any questions you have," while slowly moving the whole conversation into Lizard People Ran The Knights of the Golden Circle from UFOS conspiracies. 

But since your friend is probably replying with all the same retweets as mine would, you have saved me effort, and shown me it wouldn't really be fun.

Thank you for your service.

I’m trying my hardest to get guys like this at least a tad bit more reasonable instead of cultist. Few other of my long time friends too. We got to at least try 

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

I’m trying my hardest to get guys like this at least a tad bit more reasonable instead of cultist. Few other of my long time friends too. We got to at least try 

I retreated inward to the central tower, try to take care of my mom, sisters, and immediate family. There are loons in the cousin zone that I had to let go. Friends range from living-in-real-world to conspiracy-zone. There was one time I noticed a bunch of friends posting unmasked crowd-inside gatherings during the OG shut-down, I did reach out to them, who knows if it helped.

I consider myself lucky that mom and the family near her have been on a Science-is-Real path since day 1. Mom's basic recreation all day long is catching up with friends and family via the phone, as noted, some are loons, so if I hear some Flat Earther ideas creeping in, I can generally figure out who said it and address it. But on her own mom has decided not to visit in person with any anti-vaxxers. Could be so much worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

The proper framing, in my opinion.

We are into the High Crimes stratosphere. Penalties are spelled out for crimes one may describe as coups. 

The Founding Fathers would look at those circumventing democracy as repulsive.

Why would anyone want to go back to the world before democracy

fwiw: I do not agree with the hashtag. No rush to judgment. Especially with the seriousness of these revelations. This wasn't a joke to Trump. This was the plan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Bro if I wanted a peek into the mind of an insane person, I’d unlock immortal or onboard 

Hahahahahha he’s exactly like their ilk. Same with Johnny sack but he doesn’t have the money sack does. If you wanna know, just ask him. Sack will be happy to tell you 

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That don’t make no sense. 

I've read the last two pages in John Turturo's voice so this checks out.  

21 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Tell him that you agreed with him all along, that this was a test, and he passed.

He told me once that liberals need to be in concentration camps cause somehow we’ve gone too far. Odd. W and his cronies were terrible, Trump was the worst. They’ve held the majority of the 3 branches of government since the 80’s. But yes. Dems are the problem. Cause we elected a black dude as president. Unreal. I thought we were better than this. I really did. But nope. Yeah I’m pissed but honestly I’m just sad. Such morons that our shitty public school system has failed them. Unreal. Gore should’ve gone balls deep in 2000 and he would’ve been president over W and yeah. He would’ve been a better president than W by far. Oh well. Let’s keep fighting. These people are cunts and cowards and won’t show in the mid terms cause trump won’t be on the ballot. Let’s fuck these cunts up and take back our state and country. We can do this. Vote and get all your friends and shit registered and whatnot. Import times for our country coming up. Let’s do this 🤘

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

He told me once that liberals need to be in concentration camps cause somehow we’ve gone too far. Odd. W and his cronies were terrible, Trump was the worst. They’ve held the majority of the 3 branches of government since the 80’s. But yes. Dems are the problem. Cause we elected a black dude as president. Unreal. I thought we were better than this. I really did. But nope. Yeah I’m pissed but honestly I’m just sad. Such morons that our shitty public school system has failed them. Unreal. Gore should’ve gone balls deep in 2000 and he would’ve been president over W and yeah. He would’ve been a better president than W by far. Oh well. Let’s keep fighting. These people are cunts and cowards and won’t show in the mid terms cause trump won’t be on the ballot. Let’s fuck these cunts up and take back our state and country. We can do this. Vote and get all your friends and shit registered and whatnot. Import times for our country coming up. Let’s do this 🤘

The dude must have saved your puppy from a house fire when y'all were 10, because you've made a lot more effort than I would.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fletch said:

He does seem a little insecure and resentful of your education/book reading as he put it. That’s an uncomfortable feeling for a person and he projects that in his texts. 

Whatever happens down the road, let’s hope that anger doesn’t find an outlet in cruelty because his concentration camp remark is not something to joke about. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

The dude must have saved your puppy from a house fire when y'all were 10, because you've made a lot more effort than I would.

Our dads are close, both pikes. And we played football and baseball together over at Westlake. Idk I hate everything he stands for, but he’s my friend. Take politics out snd he’s a cool funny guy but politically he’s nuts

• Drool 1

40 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He does seem a little insecure and resentful of your education/book reading as he put it. That’s an uncomfortable feeling for a person and he projects that in his texts. 

Whatever happens down the road, let’s hope that anger doesn’t find an outlet in cruelty because his concentration camp remark is not something to joke about. 

He’s very stupid. He used to pay me back in high school to write his essays and do his algebra and physics homework and tests and shit. Just a dumbass. But we played football and baseball together. Westlake football players are brothers for life. Just the way it is. But no yeah he’s one of the stupidest people I know

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Our dads are close, both pikes. And we played football and baseball together over at Westlake. Idk I hate everything he stands for, but he’s my friend. Take politics out snd he’s a cool funny guy but politically he’s nuts

Wait, the guy grew up in Westlake to college graduate parent(s) and is now an OTR trucker?

With all due respect to truckers, that doesn't quite compute.  The subsequent post helps, but still . . . .

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wait, the guy grew up in Westlake to college graduate parent(s) and is now an OTR trucker?

With all due respect to truckers, that doesn't quite compute.  The subsequent post helps, but still . . . .

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Nope. You’re correct. His parents are college educated and he drives 18 wheelers. He bragged about how he hasn’t been able to celebrate a holiday in years cause he works that hard. I’m an accountant. I work pretty hard. I get weekends and holidays off. I love it. This dude apparently likes working all the time, but I know he doesn’t. He’s lazy and stupid as fuck. Adorable that he thinks he reads. 

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Shit. Just told my maga BIL that the texas voting laws were being put forth to restrict voting and got shouted down by the rest of the family. 

You should consider getting a new family.

• Haha 3

Just now, DDD Dad said:

You should consider getting a new family.

It was more because they don’t want to ruffle feathers, but I told them to get used to being uncomfortable because that shit is just going to be more common going forward. Also didn’t go well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah that’s just bizarre. I know plenty of dumbasses who went to Westlake and are working some brain dead job doing whatever and none of them wound up driving semis. I’m not trying to insult truck drivers and it actually can be a very good job if you can handle it but that’s a very strange career arc from that background. There’s something wrong with that guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

He didn’t want to go to college. Immediately after graduating he just took a job with a 18 wheeler company. He texted me Friday of July 4th weekend some shit about AOC or whatever and I was like “dude!?!? It’s a Friday night on July 4th weekend and this is what you’re doing!?!?

he then responded with something like “I haven’t taken a holiday in years. I work weekends and blah blah blah” like he was proud of it. Cool, dude. You put yourself in a position where you work a shitty job with shitty hours and never get weekends or holidays off. Congrats 

18 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I guess driving a semi around all day and night gives you a whole lot of time to figure everything out. 

He listens to those shitass Shapiro and Carlson radio. All day. I’ve told him time and time again this isn’t healthy, he needs to find a hobby or join a softball league or listen to Bill Burr or Doug Stanhope. But nope. He’s totally fine with being brainwashed 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It was more because they don’t want to ruffle feathers, but I told them to get used to being uncomfortable because that shit is just going to be more common going forward. Also didn’t go well. 

Yeah my patience has run out. Even if it gets me nowhere, just bitching them out gives me some comfort and that “hey! I did something positive today!” Kind of feeling