The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

It seems like an unnecessary correlation to make.  Like, "My son died from Covid-19 and I'm still eating at Applebee's tonight."  Nobody said they were interconnected until you brought it up ma'am.  Sorry for your loss.  Project the shit outta that prayer though...

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

We wouldn't be importing anything from China if we just conquered and annexed China.

Don't give them ideas. They are a bit . . . impulsive (from a lay perspective). 

Edited by washparkhorn
they are aiming to git us all kilt. God is war kind of folk.
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 9/24/2021 at 10:46 AM, Brisketexan said:

This is all correct.  Speaking the language of "facts, data, and rational thought" with people to whom that is a foreign language is as worthless as Americans yelling at the staff in slow, loud English in Croatia -- "PLEASE......BRING.....ME.....THE......CHECK!"  It's pointless, and just annoys them.

40% of our country is infantile impulse driven toddlers with a raging case of oppositional defiance disorder.  You don't rationalize with them.  You put them in the corner until they're tired.

Charles: What is your name? ... WHAT IS YOUR NAME???

Hawkeye: He doesn't understand loud English either, Charles. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Lady, until this country can boast a world class ham, like a Serrano or prosciutto, you can sit down and shut the fuck up.

There are those manufacturers that welcome imports and competing with the best the world offers. Makes our goods seem even better by the direct comparison.

while your point stands, a Benton’s or Col. Bill Newsome’s aged country ham can both go toe to toe with any ham in the world.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
1 hour ago, elfenix said:
Conservatives: trying to destroy the federal government since 1861

Senate Republicans prepare to block measure to fund government, stave off U.S. default

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/09/27/senate-debt-ceiling-government-shutdown/

They are so fucking awful.

And whose spending bills have dictated this?  Hmmm?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

They will deliberately destroy the economy just so a dem president looks bad.

Maybe I’m not cynical enough but I don’t see how GOP won’t politically pay for filibustering to fuck the economy with this debt ceiling gambit. Losing jobs and bouncing social security checks seems like it will universally be hung around McConnell’s neck. 

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Maybe I’m not cynical enough but I don’t see how GOP won’t politically pay for filibustering to fuck the economy with this debt ceiling gambit. Losing jobs and bouncing social security checks seems like it will universally be hung around McConnell’s neck. 

McConnell's almost 80 years old. WTF does he care? Spare me the legacy talk, he isn't worried about that; history is fickle.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

If Democrats were competent in messaging, that would be a real worry. alas...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He cares about taking back the senate in 2022…

At this point the Democratic party is lazily bobbing on a floatie and the GOP is racing towards them in a motor boat, throttle open with no life jackets. Place your bets, because the way the GOP will frame it, this will be the march to fascism. Economic downturn and in steps the strongman (doesn't have to be Trump, could be anyone). That's the playbook.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/26/2021 at 12:17 PM, tx 3 putt said:

What’s a body of Christ Christian ?

It's an exclusionary term. As mentioned above it sure as shit isn't a Catholic. It's their way of creating outsiders that cannot be trusted so you must rely on the word of the leadership from the inside. Its something cults and aggy like to do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, F250 said:

It's an exclusionary term. As mentioned above it sure as shit isn't a Catholic. It's their way of creating outsiders that cannot be trusted so you must rely on the word of the leadership from the inside. Its something cults and aggy like to do.

And they better be careful not to piss off the Catholics in a big way.

6 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Gee, what a shame.

They should do the honorable thing then and end the anguish and distress by wrapping their lips around the barrel of their weapons and meeting God.  

Has anyone has a recent conversation with a non-Trump Republican? I know a few but haven't seen some people in a long time due to covid. 

I'm curious whether some of them have come around and accept that its no longer about policies or ideals but only about Trump. Whether they're hoping to wait this period out. Or if they're just uncertain about what to support.

Idaho Covid insanity shows how much worse the GOP can get in its race to the bottom:

"As the morgues and ICUs in Idaho overflow with COVID patients, Republican Governor Brad Little said he would fine businesses with over 100 employees if they enacted a mask mandate.

It’s an insane stance rooted in his desire not to give his challenger, Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin, any cause to attack him as she guns for his job.

Dying people be damned, as Republicans turn against each other in contests up and down the ballot and across the country to see who can get farthest to the right to claim the Trumpian mantle."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/idaho-covid-insanity-shows-how-much-worse-the-gop-can-get

• Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If Democrats were competent in messaging, that would be a real worry. alas...

This is so painfully true. There’s no message discipline. It doesn’t have to be smart- just every elected Dem should go on a media blitz and say the same thing. something like “The Republican filibuster will crash the economy” - bonus is you get two birds with that one. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Has anyone has a recent conversation with a non-Trump Republican? I know a few but haven't seen some people in a long time due to covid. 

I'm curious whether some of them have come around and accept that its no longer about policies or ideals but only about Trump. Whether they're hoping to wait this period out. Or if they're just uncertain about what to support.

Are there really any non-Trump Republicans out there?   Because if they had spoken up after the election and January 6th, we probably wouldn't be in this position.   But they've either remained silent because its about Party over Country or they don't exist.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

This is so painfully true. There’s no message discipline. It doesn’t have to be smart- just every elected Dem should go on a media blitz and say the same thing. something like “The Republican filibuster will crash the economy” - bonus is you get two birds with that one. 

They are god awful at the game.  Just shamefully bad.

19 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Are there really any non-Trump Republicans out there?   Because if they had spoken up after the election and January 6th, we probably wouldn't be in this position.   But they've either remained silent because its about Party over Country or they don't exist.

Sure there are.  They are like "not in favor of the Final Solution Nazis."  There were probably some of those.  But you know what every one of them did anyway?  They went along with it, and thus helped it happen.  And they did so for shallow and selfish reasons -- to advance their own personal prospects for business, power, etc.

So, in short form, all non-Trump Republicans are Trump Republicans now.  Because they do not have, and never did have, any moral compass other than greed and lust for power.  That is the biggest revelation about the GQP -- they never stood for anything other than greed and power, and they don't care who or what gets hurt or destroyed in their quest for same.  They are a nihilist death cult of selfish destruction.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

They should be airing that message on Fox News 24/7. I wonder what’s stopping them. 

It's amazing that Democrats are still fuckin Charlie Brown thinking they can kick the football this time. They decided months ago to take this approach on the debt ceiling, thinking they'd be able to publicly shame Mitch and the GOP into helping raise the debt ceiling to nullify predictable GOP attacks, and it was a colossal fucking failure. They couldn't even get Romney on board. I hate this dumb fucking party so much.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

In the Senate Hearing today with Powell (Fed) and Yellen (Treasury) on the debt ceiling/risk of inflation, Sen. Warren thought it would be a good idea to cloud those issues by telling Powell she will not vote for his reappointment.

Warren to Powell: "You are a dangerous man."

d.u.m.b.

Zero focus. Zero message discipline. Ineffective.

Warren isn't the only Dem. lacking focus. 

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

They are god awful at the game.  Just shamefully bad.

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I hate this dumb fucking party so much.

about the ONLY thing positive I can say about the dems is "they're better than the GOP". Pains me that I have to vote for some of these slapdicks. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Rage+1 2