The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

14 hours ago, Born to Run said:
15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:
In general, fuck Joe Biden is kind of a weird sentiment. What has he done to offend them so?  Was it vaccines?  He has really done anything of note, good or bad, as far as I can tell. 

He is responsible, solely, for global fuel prices, supply chain issues, and inflation. You should be pissed. He is a shifty hard working evil bastard, that is also incompetent, sleepy and senile and lazy.

Well, he's old, so you best believe he was behind Vietnam War inflation leading Nixon to end convertibility of the dollar to gold (And does Biden speak French? I bet that fucker secretly speaks French, and told DeGaulle to cash in his dollars,) then, Evil Genius that Brandon is, he spent the 80s and 90s establishing "Just In Time" as an industry standard, setting up intricate international supply chains for every widget in the world, instead of making the whole damn widget right there in Peoria and storing extra ones right there in Peoria where you could heave them onto boxcars going all over the US when needed, and why? For some greater purpose? Hell no. Simply so he could keep rail lines clear for his damn precious toy Amtrak train.

That doddering, incompetent, laser-focused, omnipotent man.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm picturing this guy speaking to the rest of the MN GOP staff like Will Ferrell used to at the dinner table on those SNL sketches where his kids underminded him all the time:

Staffers:  "Uh, Trump is coming to the Twin Cities for a rally.  His advance team says you need to quote, 'suck it up and make the necessary arrangements.'  How 'bout it boss, you gonna suck it up what Trump gives you?"  

Chairman Hann, "You don't speak to me like that!  I am wearing a collared shirt a new blazer!  You will treat me with respect!  This is my Minnesota Republican Party, not Trump's!  I am the new Chairman!  I drive a Dodge Challenger!  and I bought this new pack of PaperMate mechanical pencils to show I mean business!  And I am all business!  We are taking back the party, you hear me?!?"

Staffers (mumbling):  "Yeah, you're taking in the back alright." 

Chairman Hann, "What the hell did you say you little pissant?  I have two screens going on in my cubicle to show that I am digitizing our party!  You will show respect!  I bought the pencils with my own money, not party donations, to show I'm fiscally conservative unlike Trump!" 

Stratus man. It's a dodge stratus. Next you're going to quote another Will Ferrell sketch where they need some more cymbals. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you needed more proof that the GQP is the Party of Trump, look no further:

Wyoming GOP votes to stop recognizing Cheney as a Republican

CASPER, Wyo. (AP) — The Wyoming Republican Party will no longer recognize Liz Cheney as a member of the GOP in its second formal rebuke for her criticism of former President Donald Trump.

The 31-29 vote Saturday in Buffalo, Wyoming, by the state party central committee followed votes by local GOP officials in about one-third of Wyoming’s 23 counties to no longer recognize Cheney as a Republican.

In February, the Wyoming GOP central committee voted overwhelmingly to censure Cheney, Wyoming’s lone U.S. representative, for voting to impeach Trump for his role in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Cheney has described her vote to impeach Trump as an act of conscience in defense of the Constitution. Trump “incited the mob” and “lit the flame” of that day’s events, Cheney said after the attack.

It’s “laughable” for anybody to suggest Cheney isn’t a “conservative Republican,” Cheney spokesman Jeremy Adler said by text message Monday.

“She is bound by her oath to the Constitution. Sadly a portion of the Wyoming GOP leadership has abandoned that fundamental principle and instead allowed themselves to be held hostage to the lies of a dangerous and irrational man,” Adler added.

Cheney is now facing at least four Republican opponents in the 2022 primary including Cheyenne attorney Harriet Hageman, whom Trump has endorsed. Hageman in a statement called the latest state GOP central committee vote “fitting,” the Casper Star-Tribune reported.

“Liz Cheney stopped recognizing what Wyomingites care about a long time ago. When she launched her war against President Trump, she completely broke with where we are as a state,” Hageman said.

In May, Republicans in Washington, D.C., removed Cheney from a top congressional GOP leadership position after she continued to criticize Trump’s false claims that voter fraud cost him re-election.

Cheney had survived an earlier attempt to remove her as chairwoman of the House Republican Conference, a role that shapes GOP messaging in the chamber.

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

How the fuck are there even 60 people in Wyoming to vote on something? 

How the fuck is Wyoming even a state? They have fewer people than Wilco.

Just imagine Wilco with two U.S. Senators and a Representative. There's no way that they wouldn't have already sent Fitlump to DC by now.

Consider that the next time someone tries to justify our fucked up system for divvying up congressional delegates and the electoral college.

On 11/14/2021 at 11:29 AM, Ten Bears said:

Welp, we had a nice run.  

Jesus: “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Proverbs: The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Jesus: “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Proverbs: The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.

That Jesus fella sounds like a commie queer who doesn’t want to MAGA!

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I wonder what theological studies look like these days.  If you know someone who might have some input on that, I would be curious to hear their opinion.

Honest theological schools are probably pretty unchanged.  They're pretty academic and tend to be more alike than different across mainstream denominations.  Even SW Baptist in Fort Worth was pretty honest.  I'm not sure that's true anymore as the SBC continues to go full regard.

"Bible colleges" are something else entirely and probably scary as shit these days.

• Like 1

Honest theological schools are probably pretty unchanged.  They're pretty academic and tend to be more alike than different across mainstream denominations.  Even SW Baptist in Fort Worth was pretty honest.  I'm not sure that's true anymore as the SBC continues to go full regard.
"Bible colleges" are something else entirely and probably scary as shit these days.

Correct. But here’s an interesting change: check out the enrollment. Seminaries used to be full of men, mostly white. Now, it’s heavily female, and more diverse. Go to the graduation ceremony and pay attention to the top 10 grads getting awards and whatnot. 8 outta 10 are women.

The divide is only growing.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, brakeman said:
new GOP platform, fucking wow.

what took you so long?

making voter even dumber, 2024!

Pretty fucking smart.  Dems are doing everything they can to drive up voter turnout among the young, and legalization could have been another arrow in their quiver to get the young out, and many are paying attention to states legalizing it.  GOP trying to neutralize that as an issue.

• Rage+1 1

As for the Wyoming GOP vote to not recognize Cheney as a republican, I'm actually surprised that the vote was close. I would have guessed the vote would have been 90% to not recognize her not 52%.

Now it could have been that some wanted to vote against her but they had some slight loyalty for her dad, so they refrained once they knew the outcome of the vote. Or they want to call on her dad in the future.

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Pretty fucking smart.  Dems are doing everything they can to drive up voter turnout among the young, and legalization could have been another arrow in their quiver to get the young out, and many are paying attention to states legalizing it.  GOP trying to neutralize that as an issue.

This shouldn't be a problem. Democrats have been for federal de-criminalization. Just say "We agree, we can get this done right now" and that tact is toothless.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This shouldn't be a problem. Democrats have been for federal de-criminalization. Just say "We agree, we can get this done right now" and that tact is toothless.

This needs to be spun as demonstrating that Republicans were wrong for a long time before finally came around to something Democrats have known for years. What else are Republicans wrong about now? 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

15 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This needs to be spun as demonstrating that Republicans were wrong for a long time before finally came around to something Democrats have known for years. What else are Republicans wrong about now? 

Yes to both of these.  This is an easy layup for the Democrats.  

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct. But here’s an interesting change: check out the enrollment. Seminaries used to be full of men, mostly white. Now, it’s heavily female, and more diverse. Go to the graduation ceremony and pay attention to the top 10 grads getting awards and whatnot. 8 outta 10 are women.

The divide is only growing.

Despite those numbers, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Seminary schools are NOT target rich environments.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

I've been seeing these on gaspumps.

ngcb1

It's just so dumb.  I was in Junction in March of 2021, you know, 2 months after he took office, and gas prices were up a bit.  Dipshit in line says "Thanks Biden" loud enough for everyone to hear.  I responded with a loud "WOW dude".

They have no idea how anything works.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Saw this in Colorado a couple of weeks ago too.
Up to four LGB signs out here in my west austin neighborhood, ran over one, on accident, avoiding a deer. Sign was relocated but slightly damaged but still legible. Glad their message can be heard. Also helps me know who to avoid at community events.

In 20 years 9/10 of the Trumpers will claim they didn't like Trump, but at least he built the autobahns.
They already say they don't like him. They've been saying it all along. The problem is that it never kept them from voting for him... and they never needed the autobahns as an excuse.

9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wow.  This is how far down the rabbit hole the GQP has gone:

This is why dotard will win in 24, if/when he runs.  Cultists don't abandon their god.  And enough independents will swing back to him b/c Dems are morons who can't message or organize worth a fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

So, uhh...this is on Amazon Prime.

"A group of Christians are trying to overthrow the World Government by spray-painting the ichthys on fallen leaves. They meet a bitcoin miner who helps them mail out DVDs of sermons. They are then caught and executed."

"It is the year 2025: Since the outbreak of the Corona virus in 2020, the world has not been the same: A communist system with a single world government has been established, English has been chosen as the world language, contacts have been reduced to a minimum. Christianity has been banned completely; the constitution how we knew it no longer exists. In Germany, a small group of young Christians start an underground revolution to reunite Christians and regain freedom."

shocked steve harvey GIF

• Haha 6