The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, Red Five said:

I wonder if it’s ever difficult for any of them to keep a straight face while saying shit like that.

Oh yes, they keep a straight face.

Rep. Larry Bagley, a Stonewall Republican, said, "As a predominately male group, it's hard for us to understand what a woman goes through for an abortion."

Bagley preceded to imagine a hypothetical in which his daughters would want to call him if they ever were to get an abortion. "They're in their 40s, and they'll get in my lap now if they’re upset," he said.

6pYPavDY?format=jpg&name=medium

PBIkHQHd?format=jpg&name=medium

creepy tv land GIF by YoungerTV

8 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

The horror of not having a dishwasher.  Just imagine his hysterics if he had to endure a pregnancy for nine months.  

He's also a fucking liar. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kitchenaid-24-top-control-built-in-dishwasher-with-stainless-steel-tub-printshield-finish-3rd-rack-39-dba-stainless-steel/6423224.p?skuId=6423224&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=1&msclkid=4460e8d0b78811cdd7078aacddb6588f&gclid=4460e8d0b78811cdd7078aacddb6588f&gclsrc=3p.ds

Delivered Friday.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Oh, it's a given he's a liar.  I'm just still gobsmacked at what whiny babies the GOP are.

GQP: Forced pregnancies.  Coat hanger abortions.  Separating babies from their mothers at the border.  Destruction from Hurricane Maria.  Suck it up, buttercup.

But, a white man having to use a sponge for a few days to wash dishes, or in Matt Schlapp's case for his maid who he surely underpays  and harasses to do dishes, is a horror never to be recovered from.

• Like 2

Gee, imagine that.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/12/conservative-governor-north-carolina-rino-pat-mccrory-00031996?nname=playbook&nid=0000014f-1646-d88f-a1cf-5f46b7bd0000&nrid=0000014e-f100-dd93-ad7f-f905e67d0000&nlid=630318

Former Gov. Pat McCrory served on the frontline of the culture wars in 2016 when he signed North Carolina’s controversial “bathroom bill,” which curbed protections for transgender people. When he was defeated for reelection later that year by a razor-thin margin, he raised questions about the voting process and didn’t concede until nearly a month after the election.

Those experiences would seem to make McCrory an ideal nominee in a post-Trump GOP animated by claims of election fraud and the politics of transgender rights. Instead, in the run-up to North Carolina’s Tuesday primary, he’s dropping in polls and being dismissed by MAGA faithful as a liberal RINO.

His fall from the governor’s mansion to Senate long shot is the latest case study of the GOP’s transformation during the Trump era.

“It is kind of a unique situation at this point in time,” McCrory said in an interview. “But to have it be said I’m liberal is ironic, because four years ago I was being branded the exact opposite.”

He laughed. “I’m the same person.”

Spoiler

McCrory points out that he was heckled in public, called a bigot, subjected to death threats and “shunned” with his wife from Charlotte social events as part of the fallout from the bill known as HB2 in 2016, which banned transgender people from using public bathrooms that aligned with their gender identity.

His first year in the governor’s office gave rise to the Moral Mondays movement in North Carolina, a series of protests at the Capitol against him and the GOP-controlled legislature that resulted in hundreds of arrests in 2013 and 2014.

Far-left demonstrators were a regular presence outside the governor’s mansion and at the Capitol as McCrory signed legislation that ticked off top conservative priorities: banning sanctuary cities and stopping food stamp benefits for undocumented immigrants; cutting unemployment benefits; increasing the waiting period to three days to have an abortion; and, most notably, what became known as the bathroom bill.

“Anybody who really knows Pat and pays attention, whether they’re liberal or conservative, they’re not going to call him liberal,” said former Republican Gov. Jim Martin, who is supporting McCrory in the primary.

As a former governor and former mayor of the state’s biggest city, Charlotte, McCrory was well-positioned to win the GOP nomination when Republican Sen. Richard Burr announced his retirement. And for much of the primary campaign, McCrory’s near-universal name recognition powered him to a commanding lead — even after former President Donald Trump unexpectedly endorsed Rep. Ted Budd in June 2021.

Then the conservative Club for Growth announced it was spending $5 million to support Budd. Then $10 million. Then $15 million. The organization’s super PAC bought up ad time portraying McCrory as a “liberal faker,” a line of attack the group has sustained for months as it sought to boost support for Budd. Other outside groups piled on with several more millions in spending against McCrory.

“I was probably the original person who was canceled, and now I’m the one being called a liberal,” McCrory said in an interview. “Someone came up to me the other day and said, ‘McCrory, you were DeSantis before DeSantis.’ I said, ‘That’s a unique perspective.’ I stood up to some things that were contrary not just to liberals, but to the power elite of my party.”

The bombardment has taken a heavy toll on McCrory, who lost his first bid for governor in 2008, won the office in 2012 and was defeated for reelection in 2016 by just two-tenths of a percentage point. Budd’s lead has grown exponentially in the past month, a period that included a Trump rally in the state. In the last two months, McCrory has fallen 9 percentage points to 20 percent, while Budd has surged 30 points to 48 percent, according to new polling released Monday.

Burr noted the power of the Club for Growth’s assault on McCrory, without mentioning the organization by name.

“It’s amazing what having an unlimited checkbook can do to public opinion,” Burr told POLITICO, adding that McCrory “has always been a conservative.”

McCrory’s cool relationship with Trump, and his occasional criticisms of the former president, have made it easier for the attacks on his conservative bona fides to stick. And there are those who contend that, while state policies shifted rightward during his tenure as governor, McCrory was often a behind-the-scenes impediment to their agenda.

Former Republican state Sen. Bob Rucho specifically noted McCrory’s private resistance to cutting state unemployment benefits and enacting tax reform legislation — policies McCrory now takes credit for on the campaign trail.

“He’s already lost two statewide elections,” said Rucho, who, like McCrory, is from the Charlotte area. “In the past, it used to be if you lose one statewide election, your political career is probably over. Having lost two, that is very rare that he’s even back again, to be honest.”

With significantly fewer financial resources, McCrory has tried to fight back against the not-conservative-enough characterization by reminding voters of the days when he was lauded by conservative groups. He’s pleaded with reporters for coverage and appealed directly to voters on social media, in addition to running a television ad on the topic.

“Y’all know I was the most conservative governor in North Carolina history,” McCrory says in the ad. “I’m the guy who outlawed sanctuary cities. You remember.”

Last month, he took to his Facebook and Twitter channels, desperate to push back against a narrative with millions of dollars behind it. On April 14, he merely tweeted a link and the headline of a 2015 news story: “McCrory signs bill outlawing sanctuary cities in NC.”

Prior to that, Conservative Outsiders PAC, a super PAC associated with the Club for Growth, had been airing a television ad hitting McCrory on immigration.

McCrory also posted a video on Facebook trying to set the record straight about a different negative ad, posted by another group that is working with the Club — the School Freedom Foundation.

“Listen, you know me,” McCrory said, explaining he was unquestionably against the teaching of critical race theory in schools. “Let’s cut the crap.”

Martin, the former governor and McCrory supporter, mentioned a recent Club for Growth ad featuring Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson, who threw his support behind Budd last month at Trump’s rally. In the ad, Robinson said McCrory was a nice guy, but “no conservative.”

“Saying he’s not a conservative — the lieutenant governor doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He just said what they told him to say,” Martin said. “It’s a weird thing. But, you know, politics is like that.”

John Lassiter, a close friend and informal adviser of McCrory who began working with him in Charlotte government in the mid-1980s, remains hopeful about McCrory’s chances Tuesday. He said he expected voters would “wake up” at the end of the campaign, and decide to vote for the person they supported previously.

“It’s really unfair,” Lassiter said. “He is very conservative, particularly on fiscal matters and the role of government. At his core, his politics are pretty tried and true, and he has stuck to those despite the trade winds that come every cycle.”

Lassiter, whom McCrory tapped to oversee and privatize the state’s economic development efforts, said McCrory is “pretty aligned with people like Thom Tillis,” the U.S. senator who was speaker of the North Carolina House when McCrory was governor.

Tillis, for his part, called McCrory a “business conservative.” Having one’s Republican credentials called into question is par for the course, he added.

“Primaries do that,” Tillis said. “They portray me as a liberal. The two things they do is cast you as a RINO or too liberal, and corrupt. Neither of those are true for him.”

DEATH CULT NEWS

Washington Post

Meatpackers hyped ‘baseless’ shortage to keep plants open despite covid risks: report

A House panel alleges that industry players like Tyson Foods prepared a draft that became the basis for an executive order the Trump White House issued in April 2020.

The biggest players in the U.S. meat industry pressed “baseless” claims of beef and pork shortages early in the pandemic to persuade the Trump White House to keep processing plants running, disregarding the coronavirus risks that eventually killed at least 269 workers, according to a special House committee investigating the nation’s pandemic response.

In a report released Thursday, the committee alleges that Tyson Foods’s legal team prepared a draft with input from other companies that became the basis for an executive order to keep the plants open the Trump administration issued in April 2020, making it difficult for workers to stay home.

“Meatpacking companies knew the risk posed by the coronavirus to their workers and knew it wasn’t a risk that the country needed them to take,” according to the report by the select subcommittee on the coronavirus crisis. “They nonetheless lobbied aggressively — successfully enlisting USDA as a close collaborator in their efforts — to keep workers on the job in unsafe conditions, to ensure state and local health authorities were powerless to mandate otherwise, and to be protected against legal liability for the harms that would result.”

I'm sure there was no reward promised to the Sociopath in Chief for getting this done. No collusion only perfect phonecalls on secret presidential burner phones.

• Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, Pancho said:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

13 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's definitely bullshit. Our washing machine died last month. We had a replacement within a day of me getting to the store to order it. Now, you want a specific model or custom job or color? A few months or longer. Sticking to what was available in the warehouse? Took a day. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's definitely bullshit. Our washing machine died last month. We had a replacement within a day of me getting to the store to order it. Now, you want a specific model or custom job or color? A few months or longer. Sticking to what was available in the warehouse? Took a day. 

Ditto, but for a dishwasher.  It did take 4 days for them to deliver and install it/take away the old one.  That was a rough week doing dishes by hand.

28 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Ditto, but for a dishwasher.  It did take 4 days for them to deliver and install it/take away the old one.  That was a rough week doing dishes by hand.

Lol, as an immigrant family...the first decade or so my family didn't use the dishwasher. It was just a rack to dry dishes. 

• Hook 'Em 4

58 minutes ago, YChang said:

Lol, as an immigrant family...the first decade or so my family didn't use the dishwasher. It was just a rack to dry dishes. 

My friend is second generation. They have a dishwasher that they've never used because the do dishes by hand. She and her husband are both in their 30's. Madness. 

• Haha 1

Do none of you have kids?  Washing dishes is their job. 

I got my first dishwasher when I bought my current house. As a kid I had to was dishes got my family, including my 6 siblings. And shockingly, I never blamed Ronald Reagan for that.

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

My friend is second generation. They have a dishwasher that they've never used because the do dishes by hand. She and her husband are both in their 30's. Madness. 

1 hour ago, YChang said:

man, someone really failed y'all in the useful info dept. dishwashers use less water and electricity than washing by hand. 

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

man, someone really failed y'all in the useful info dept. dishwashers use less water and electricity than washing by hand. 

[youtube nerd alert] Technology Connections did a solid video on actually collecting data to prove that dishwashers use less water and produce cleaner dishes than washing by hand. Protip - buy the powder in a box instead of the detergent packs! They work just as well (and often better) and it's significantly cheaper than $20 for a tub of 40 packs

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Captainant said:

[youtube nerd alert] Technology Connections did a solid video on actually collecting data to prove that dishwashers use less water and produce cleaner dishes than washing by hand. Protip - buy the powder in a box instead of the detergent packs! They work just as well (and often better) and it's significantly cheaper than $20 for a tub of 40 packs

No Tide pods?

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT, YOU SONOFABITCH?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Red Five said:

I've always been a liquid detergent guy myself. Does powder work better?

Yes actually, you're really only paying for water in the liquid and it doesn't have any enzymes in it to break down food like the powder does. If you're extremely bored or like to go down weird YouTube holes like me, the vid linked above actually does head to head tests of pucks/powder/liquid. 

They all get the job done, but you need less powder and it's much cheaper than liquid or pucks

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

The solution is anti-trust suits against the 3 or 4 companies that own that market.  But that would be GUBBERMINT JACKBOOT!

Recall that the Deepwater Horizon oil spill happened early in Obama's first term.  If he had ordered the DEP to review  and limit unsafe or questionable practices by oil companies the headline would have read "Obama hates business!!!"

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

We’re fucked. Also, I have a huge crush on Nicolle Wallace. When she puts her glasses on to read something and then takes them off, it makes me tingle.

Go ahead and judge me. I don’t care. The only thing that pisses me off is that she ever worked for George W. Bush. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

34 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I believe those were also the teachings of Christ. "Go berserk on the skulls of your enemies". 

And heah de lamentions of de wimmin.

I'm sure the right political message countering this would have just the desired effect changing  hearts and minds. 

They're weaponizing the hate engine.

46 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

On the day that a man killed 10 people in Buffalo in a twisted effort to "stamp out" evil , Ted Nugent said this in Austin:

thats impossible !!!!!

per Sean Hannity, no maga gqp has ever threatened violence or harmed a democrat !!!!

• Like 1