The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

It had to be said, but they cut the mic and struck it from the Record. Bunch of cowards.

A Pennsylvania Democrat had his speech cut short on Wednesday after he said the state's Republican lawmakers were "100% white."

The heated moment came during a debate over a Republican proposal to regulate the disposal of fetal remains, one that Democratic lawmakers argued would force women to bury or cremate a miscarried fetus. As USA Today reported, a number of Democratic women spoke against the measure — which Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf has promised to veto — by highlighting their own traumatic experiences with miscarriages.

Rep. Brian Sims, a Democrat from Philadelphia, lamented the fact that his colleagues were forced to share such testimony in the state's Republican-controlled House.

"This is just another act in a political theater that has plagued this chamber for far too long," Sims said. "We are a legislature that has met more to remove mask mandates, strip executive emergency powers, and overturn free and fair elections than we have to make strategic investments in Pennsylvania's women, children, and families."

Sims punctuated his remarks with an attack on his Republican colleagues and the demographic makeup of their caucus. The bill, he said, was just another line item in "a grossly, predictably misogynistic agenda — an agenda pursued by a party that is 100% white, in a chamber that is 70% male."

House Majority Leader Bryan Cutler, a Republican, then cut Sims' microphone. "That's enough," he said amid booing from other GOP lawmakers.

Sims was unrepentant.

"Your boos mean nothing to me," he said. "I've seen what you cheer for."

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/6/2021 at 11:41 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

The ledge is going to need a barricade because things are not going very well. Sixteen months out from the next big election and this:

He is currently a Florida state  rep, veteran, attorney, and part of the America First (as well as the Rittenhouse for Congress) crowd. I don't think the commenter below believes it is unintentional either.

Do NOT stand near Mr. Sabatini when the theme from Rocky starts playing.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

f6335b1787779730396d7d729506fde7.jpg

Jesus, what a cavalcade of cunts.

Holy shit...call me a misogynist...I don't care.  We're all thinking it, and nature typically imbeds this type of advanced assessment of other humans eyes as a survival skill among us.  But that Erika Frantzve.....she will be drowning her children in a bathtub before the end of this decade and/or shooting a neighbor for some trivial reason.  Book it.  

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Holy shit...call me a misogynist...I don't care.  We're all thinking it, and nature typically imbeds this type of advanced assessment of other humans eyes as a survival skill among us.  But that Erika Frantzve.....she will be drowning her children in a bathtub before the end of this decade and/or shooting a neighbor for some trivial reason.  Book it.  

She's engaged to Charlie Kirk. You don't need to look in her eyes to predict the future.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Area man gonna be waiting forever because it's not that they are looking the other way.  It's that they FULLY SUPPORT IT.  This is fascism.  Plain and simple.  And that's what they are.

Yep. The incidents are being revealed more and more and the pace is increasing. Thus, the thread today. It seemed like we were going to need it in the days and weeks ahead just to keep track. 

@Hugo Stiglitz if you have time would you mind cross posting that in the Fascism thread, too? 
All those DOJ lawyers that resigned. I wonder what they’re thinking right now?

46 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

In other words, Republicans get away with everything because democrats let them do it. 

Democrats let them do it because they believe other institutions like the media or law enforcement will play the role of umpire, despite overwhelming evidence they are not up to the job. 

We have a dangerous movement of imbeciles inspired by lies with no adults in the room to perform the needed intervention. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Lobo said:

Erika was Miss Arizona 2012:

Spoiler

034ec65efff7498bb4ec1485d0ee2e5a.jpg

erika-frantzve-miss-arizona-usa-on-stage

erika-frantzve-miss-arizona-usa-kooey-sw

17 hours ago, Lobo said:

If they're the spawn of 8-head Kirk, she may be doing the world a favor. 

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Democrats let them do it because they believe other institutions like the media or law enforcement will play the role of umpire, despite overwhelming evidence they are not up to the job. 

We have a dangerous movement of imbeciles inspired by lies with no adults in the room to perform the needed intervention. 

You post a lot of twitter takes and most of them are slanted or straight up terrible.  Have you ever considered to cut out twitter from your information diet? 

• Like 3