The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Also....why are we fucked?  Because we are broken-brained fucking morons.  Exhibit 55,957,678 -- this is a REAL product, that exists:

59d15b274869a9a262e290612b7ead51.jpg

goddammit, why didn't I think of that??

Honestly, I’m a fucking idiot for not getting in on the gift
  • Like 1

Chip Roy and Louie Gohmert are among the 21 (all Republicans) who voted against the bill:

The House passed a bill Tuesday to award Congressional Gold Medals to honor the Capitol Police officers and others who protected the U.S. Capitol during a pro-Trump riot Jan. 6 by a vote of 406-21.

"The desecration of the U.S. Capitol, which is the temple of our American Democracy, and the violence targeting Congress are horrors that will forever stain our Nation's history," the legislation says.

The bill would provide for four gold medals in honor of the first responders — one for the Capitol Police, one for the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan Police, one for the Smithsonian Institution and one for the Architect of the Capitol.

The 21 "no" votes came from Republicans, including Andrew Clyde of Georgia, who downplayed the violence during a hearing last month.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/21-house-republicans-only-ones-vote-against-bill-honoring-jan-n1270970

Edited by Satchel

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I don’t know why but I find the avalanche sticker really funny

My favorite memory of visiting Colorado was breaking down in Durango and while my car was being repaired,  found a watering hole. Ended up at "Irish Bar" (pretty sure that was the name of the generic bar there at the time) because a couple guys out front who were smoking and invited me in to take shots because one of them was celebrating their 21st. So i reluctantly went in and ended up staying a while. It was a super generic bar with no hint of anything Irish. The bartender that day was the definition of butter face. Supremely hot body sporting a catholic school girl outfit. But once you panned past the collar you saw a face that would make Rockie Dennis cock his head. But i digress. I happened to cop a squat next to a miner or lumberjack or some other manual mongoloid and my memory is that Stars were playing the Avs at the time but nonetheless he pegged me as a Stars fan and proceeded to belittle me and my team for 10 minutes. He then declared he could drink me under the table because i was a Texas pussy and thus proceeded to buy us both shots and beers. We did this for the duration of the game, me keeping up with whatever he threw in front of me. Eventually the game ended and I think the avs lost. I say think because at this point I'm smashed. I'm fucking lit as Chernobyl. But i didn't crack. I didn't give him the satisfaction. He eventually stormed out after paying the tab and finished with a gay slur. I can't say i had a great night after that, but car got fixed the next day and continued on my way. 

Moral of the story: fuck the Avs and bigots

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

44 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

My favorite memory of visiting Colorado was breaking down in Durango and while my car was being repaired,  found a watering hole. Ended up at "Irish Bar" (pretty sure that was the name of the generic bar there at the time) because a couple guys out front who were smoking and invited me in to take shots because one of them was celebrating their 21st. So i reluctantly went in and ended up staying a while. It was a super generic bar with no hint of anything Irish. The bartender that day was the definition of butter face. Supremely hot body sporting a catholic school girl outfit. But once you panned past the collar you saw a face that would make Rockie Dennis cock his head. But i digress. I happened to cop a squat next to a miner or lumberjack or some other manual mongoloid and my memory is that Stars were playing the Avs at the time but nonetheless he pegged me as a Stars fan and proceeded to belittle me and my team for 10 minutes. He then declared he could drink me under the table because i was a Texas pussy and thus proceeded to buy us both shots and beers. We did this for the duration of the game, me keeping up with whatever he threw in front of me. Eventually the game ended and I think the avs lost. I say think because at this point I'm smashed. I'm fucking lit as Chernobyl. But i didn't crack. I didn't give him the satisfaction. He eventually stormed out after paying the tab and finished with a gay slur. I can't say i had a great night after that, but car got fixed the next day and continued on my way. 

You outdrank that Colorado fuck and ultimately at the end of the day that’s all that matters.

• Hook 'Em 4

Shit I’ll be honest, if my car ever breaks down in Durango, CO, that thing is not getting fixed.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Republicans are the party of scum. Can you possibly imagine voting against that? 

When you’ve arrived at the point where your every political calculation begins with the question, “What would Donald Trump do?,” then yes. Yes I can. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

See, the thing with fascists is that their own shitty behavior is always someone else’s fault. They’re so weak and pathetic and self-loathing that they’d rather the world view them as helpless puppets of their enemies than ever accept responsibility for their own stupid bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

It's a feature, not a bug.  Fucking disgusting.

At this point, I'd yank the GOP's office budgets for security.  Make them pay out their own pockets, because they don't respect the Capitol Police at all.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

I'm absolutely shocked, but the Southern Baptists stopped from going hard right, driving off of a cliff, and causing thousands of member churches to bail on the organization.

https://apnews.com/article/southern-baptist-convention-election-2382914265734c595378131aa279003c

The Southern Baptist Convention tamped down a push from the right at its largest meeting in decades on Tuesday, electing a new president who has worked to bridge racial divides in the church and defeating an effort to make an issue of critical race theory.

Ed Litton, a pastor from Alabama, won 52% of the vote in a runoff against Mike Stone, a Georgia pastor backed by a new group called the Conservative Baptist Network that has sought to move the already-conservative denomination further right. 

Litton, who is white, was nominated by Fred Luter, the only Black pastor to serve as president of the United States’ largest Protest denomination. Luter praised Litton’s commitment to racial reconciliation and said he has dealt compassionately with the issue of sexual abuse within SBC churches, another hot-button subject at the gathering of more than 15,000 church representatives. 

Stone had campaigned aggressively, including speaking at churches across the country. And the Conservative Baptist Network had encouraged supporters to come to the meeting as voting delegates. 

But in the end, the message that seemed to resonate with voters was that Stone — who supported a motion to repudiate critical race theory, an academic construct for framing systemic racism that has been a target of religious and political conservatives — was a divisive choice. 

“We’re a family, and at times it seems like an incredibly dysfunctional family.” Litton said after the results were announced. “But we love each other.”

Delegates rejected a proposal that would have explicitly denounced critical race theory. Instead they approved a consensus measure that does not mention it by name but rejects any view that sees racism as rooted in “anything other than sin.”

• Like 1

^^^That doesn't really surprise me. This has been an ongoing battle since at least the 1980s where "the Church" has been trying to keep the complete and utter crazies from taking over, and the situation is getting increasingly dire as attendance has plummeted due its already strict ideas. Almost every time I see my mom, she's complaining about the loss of congregants at her First Baptist Church to other non-denominational options in her small West Texas town. People are voting with their feet to get away from some of the traditional, stringent teachings and it's cutting into their tithings profits.

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Really wish their recruits would see this shit

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3204769 (TexAgs take on Juneteenth)

I'm betting someone on here can create a bot and screen shot random racist racist comments and tweet them out

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

^^^That doesn't really surprise me. This has been an ongoing battle since at least the 1980s where "the Church" has been trying to keep the complete and utter crazies from taking over, and the situation is getting increasingly dire as attendance has plummeted due its already strict ideas. Almost every time I see my mom, she's complaining about the loss of congregants at her First Baptist Church to other non-denominational options in her small West Texas town. People are voting with their feet to get away from some of the traditional, stringent teachings and it's cutting into their tithings profits.

Yeah, almost a quarter of the churches in the SBC are non-white.  If they (and sympathetic majority-white churches) bailed, they might be the second or third largest such Protestant organization in the US (depending on the Lutherans) behind the SBC.  It would really hurt the SBC, particularly since it would kill their minority outreach, and would probably turn off many younger members, and then it's dead man walking.

It's been interesting - the Trumpy group within the SBC really tried to swing things hard right and shut down talk of race and sexual abuse, and they were violating some long-established norms (Mike Stone was campaigning for himself all over the place, etc.).

Be interesting to see if people like Beth Moore come back.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, almost a quarter of the churches in the SBC are non-white.  If they (and sympathetic majority-white churches) bailed, they might be the second or third largest such Protestant organization in the US (depending on the Lutherans) behind the SBC.  It would really hurt the SBC, particularly since it would kill their minority outreach, and would probably turn off many younger members, and then it's dead man walking.

It's been interesting - the Trumpy group within the SBC really tried to swing things hard right and shut down talk of race and sexual abuse, and they were violating some long-established norms (Mike Stone was campaigning for himself all over the place, etc.).

Be interesting to see if people like Beth Moore come back.

Why would she? I didn’t see anything pass that fixes the establishment of treating women as second class citizens. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Really wish their recruits would see this shit

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3204769 (TexAgs take on Juneteenth)

I’m blessed that when my Aggie relatives in Lee County introduced me to Juneteenth while I was down visiting from Nebraska by explaining that it’s when freedom was proclaimed in Texas and then took to some shed out in the country somewhere between Giddings and LaGrange and introduced me to brisket.(the meat, not the poster) instead that Texags mess. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah, I think the game of bribing/blackmailing/bundling got too expensive and too dangerous for Russia and its allies.  

They figured out something much cheaper, much less illegal, and much more effective---they made Stupid People feel politically engaged.  

I've waded through one "inclusivity" brainstorming session after another for 15 years---how do we get more Hispanics involved, how we get more Asians involved, how do we get more young people involved, how do we get more libertarians involved, etc., etc., etc.  Hundreds of millions of dollars in outreach efforts wasted.  No policy shifts, no bold innovation, no rethinking the platform, none of that. 

All it took was finding about 25 million Americans who weren't registered Republicans and very rarely voted, the politically marginalized so to speak.  Feed them some lies, stir up some fear, and get them out to vote to for a cult-like personality.  And honestly, the GOP even fucked that part up.  They had to get some "outside" help.  

For the first time in our history, America could be invaded. We benefited from relative geographical isolation that allowed us to grow to the super power we are with limited checks from adversaries. With the internet, we created multiple entry points into our society that have left us vulnerable. Russia (and others) finally figured out ways to weaken us by using our own ignorance and perceived exceptionalism against us. 

• Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

For the first time in our history, America could be invaded. We benefited from relative geographical isolation that allowed us to grow to the super power we are with limited checks from adversaries. With the internet, we created multiple entry points into our society that have left us vulnerable. Russia (and others) finally figured out ways to weaken us by using our own ignorance and perceived exceptionalism against us. 

Don't forget the Arctic, either. The Russian military is building up like crazy in the Arctic circle, taking advantage of warming, while we're still dithering over whether it's real or not. Because we're morons.

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Don't forget the Arctic, either. The Russian military is building up like crazy in the Arctic circle, taking advantage of warming, while we're still dithering over whether it's real or not. Because we're morons.

Russia stands to gain the most from climate change. If it warms enough, Siberia could be the most agricultural rich area in the world. Let alone the resources under the arctic. 

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

When did “do you know who my father is?” turn into “I know Russian hitman”

listen to the recording...this shit right here is crazy AF.  whether he's blowing smoke or telling the truth about his connections matters not...it's absolute evidence of the batshit crazy worldview these fuckers have.