The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

the word is lethal to the speaker and everyone knows it.  just don't say it.  I don't even type it.  I've used this gif before

200.gif

and had to do some creative 'training day denzel gif' type search instead of the obvious.  whatever backstory he had that led him to believe this was the okay time to say it, he was wrong.  there ain't no such backstory.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

the word is lethal to the speaker and everyone knows it.  just don't say it.  I don't even type it.  I've used this gif before

200.gif

and had to do some creative 'training day denzel gif' type search instead of the obvious.  whatever backstory he had that led him to believe this was the okay time to say it, he was wrong.  there ain't no such backstory.

Sure there is: "safely elected white Republican in Alabama."  That's all the backstory you need.

$5mm is actually a small price to pay for up-ending one of the oldest cornerstones of philosophy and logic...disproving a negative.  Literally one of the hardest things to do in humanity.  Come to my house tomorrow and disprove to me that I did not have salmon for lunch yesterday.  Go on...DO IT!  

On 7/16/2021 at 2:07 PM, Beau Vine said:

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

The only thing more righteous would have been him drowning in the boat parade.

On 7/17/2021 at 4:06 PM, Satchel said:

Ah, one of the benefits of a functioning episcopacy.

Altman was officially removed from his pastoral role by the Diocese of La Crosse last week after he delivered a slew of controversial messages in the past year, including anti-vaccine rhetoric

Bishop William Patrick Callahan issued a decree immediately removing Altman as leader of St. James the Less Church on La Crosse’s North Side, and barred him from “exercising the function of pastor,” which he appears to have violated by giving the prayer at CPAC.

Fake priest praying for fake christians.   I am sure he's getting some grift out of it too.

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Nice diversion from the GOP’s current assault on Ben and Jerry’s

It would look better for them if they built a site at housegopleader.com, but the people donating are too dumb to bother checking.

Also, I've gotten a shitload of Chick-fil-A fundraising spam emails.

I know surly had been looking for a grift, so hear me out. Open this shit in Austin and Dallas. Fast food fried chicken sandwiches and Sunday brunch called Lib Chicks.  We can create a charity called SurlyWomenGetShitDone, make a hashtag, and pay for bar tabs in perpetuity.

Edited by StassneyHorn

On 7/21/2021 at 8:42 AM, Horn Dog said:

I remember an America where such a blatant racist statement by a government official would be shocking.  This doesn't shock or surprise me in the slightest.  I guess it's good its all out in the open now and not under a veneer of civility.  

The election of Obama twice and then the supposed election of trump has given license for the racists to say out loud what they all have thought all along which is that the blacks are inferior to them even though they are collectively a bunch of total dumbfucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The Surly Women do outclass the men - certain restrictions apply (i.e., fitlump(?)) - but she took the bull by the horns.)

I like it. 

Fitlump still amazes the fuck out of me - she's even picked the right sides in various state-level GOP infighting.

I kept expecting twitter feeds full of qanon shit and her constantly making gaffes and having everybody angry at her.

Actually, she did really fucking piss off her base last week, and they were roasting her on Facebook and twitter, but that seems to have passed.

• Hook 'Em 1

I am not surprised by that article.  As a former Republican, it's fucking embarrassing how far things have come.  Republicans and Democrats used to be able to clash over various political beliefs, but still reach agreement on some things, and could still walk away from one another without their worldview being shattered.  Now too many Rs have to fucking retreat to their safe space and/or abruptly end a phone or text conversation because they can't handle having their beliefs challenged.

It's easy to blame Trump, but holy shit, how did they go from being so passionate/fiery about their beliefs, and willing to give as much as they got, to hanging up the phone when you poke one little hole in their argument?

Gotta give some credit to Fox News for putting them in an echo chamber, and Facebook deserves its share of scorn, but this whole snowflake thing had to have been building for years.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Gotta give some credit to Fox News for putting them in an echo chamber, and Facebook deserves its share of scorn, but this whole snowflake thing had to have been building for years.

It’s all of this plus their chosen gods (Reagan) putting in place an economic agenda that was never going to succeed, and when it didn’t, instead of blaming the gods, they taught them to blame the others. It was executed to perfection and now we all get to watch it burn. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s all of this plus their chosen gods (Reagan) putting in place an economic agenda that was never going to succeed, and when it didn’t, instead of blaming the gods, they taught them to blame the others. It was executed to perfection and now we all get to watch it burn. 

Agree. That economic movement has no exit ramp, only grow (inflate) the economy or die.

Hard to do that when the players are eating the seed corn and calling it growth.

Economic cannibalism carried out in the name of efficiency, without any care about the negative externalities flowing from the economic model. But it is what it is. I am not sure there is an exit from the model without collapse, so it persists. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Says the guy who negged me for applauding Cleveland changing the racist name of their baseball team. I’m not sure we should take you seriously. 

No, I negged you for being a complete bitch -- you going on a negging spree and then lecturing a bunch of people who really don't give a shit about anything from Cleveland.

Look at this negspree just because people didn't like the name Cleveland Guardians...

WTF is wrong with you?

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

No, I negged you for being a complete bitch -- you going on a negging spree and then lecturing a bunch of people who really don't give a shit about anything from Cleveland.

Look at this negspree just because people didn't like the name Cleveland Guardians...

WTF is wrong with you?

You all were just being shallow, petty bitches. It’s no coincidence that no one criticizing the name change offered up an alternative name that they would have approved of or thought was cool because there’s no such thing. You’re just bitching about Cleveland for the sake of bitching about Cleveland. You like to pretend you’re not racist but do you want to acknowledge the history of your alma mater? Probably not. I always thought it was weird that it was set to what I saw as a children’s tune. Never mind it’s Confederate history. The history of the song itself is kind of shocking.

1*umeXrVdSAF50uasirTa8Qg.png

Go ahead and neg away. I’m a proud Union man, reb. And I couldn’t be happier that Cleveland discarded the name of Indians and fucking Chief Wahoo. Again, it’s a good thing and fuck all of you who can’t appreciate that. 

Custodians would have been cool. It’s 1) alliterative 2) maintains the -dians ending (which seems to be the only criteria they considered) and 3) reflects the only occupation most residents of Ohio are qualified for. 

Edited by formermav43
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1