The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Led to it by Stonekettle, I read this thread that purports many of the whacknuts, Boebert, et al, were discovered through a talent search. On brand.

EVERY. FUCKING. ACCUSATION. A. CONFESSION. Holy shit, they are literally crisis actors. Wow.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/2/2021 at 10:52 AM, wildcat09 said:

Jesus christ just shut the fuck up with this shit. It's nearly as bad as anti-vaxx shit.

This is like saying racism is over because Obama got elected, TWICE. It's like saying we don't need to worry about a violently radicalizing right because they had their chance when a black guy was being inaugurated and did nothing. Obviously if they did nothing then, they were certainly not going to do anything after that!

Oh, a small minority will fuck around and eventually do some horrendous shit (or get arrested because apparently 90% of militia members are federal informants).  Neither I nor anybody else here is saying otherwise.  But they were nutters long before Trump, Trump is just a blip on their timeline of fuckery, and I doubt they are even truly political. The Q folks fall firmly into that category - not the best of voting records for either party, and they were always going to fall into something (I think most of us, including Alex Jones, expected it to be Alex Jones/Infowars and not the newcomer Q). But I'm not talking about those types.

If well over 74 million Trump supporters won't follow Trump's direct orders to do something when he claimed that the election was stolen from him, I don't know why you think they are going to magically start caring enough to fuck around now.  And keep in mind since January 6th, 550 of their nuttier brethren are facing all kinds of charges, are losing businesses, jobs, relationships, etc.

All the while, Trump collected $100 million from his followers since November, and he gives no fucks about supporting his followers that ended up in jail, either financially or even just in spirit.

Many of his followers will keep pulling the (R) level when they get in the voting booth.  Many will support him if he actually runs in 2024 (he won't), but that's the extent of it - they want a Republican to cater to their whims, that's it. It's as much transactional for them as it is for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

Since I am not a crazy person I am out of the loop as to where the crazies want to attack.

Also for lawyers, if a good guy with a gun was at the Capitol and started firing on the crowd that was trying to kill police, politicians, and overthrow the government, would that be… legal?

Not the tiniest bit familiar with DC gun laws, are you?

30 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Not the tiniest bit familiar with DC gun laws, are you?

Well, I was wondering in a hypothetical situation, and it seems that there were plenty of firearms in trumpkins hands in DC that day.  

Hell, they could have opened fire and still received a pardon

Yep. In case you wondered what the GQP stands for, it’s “a consequence-free world for angry white people who commit crimes of violence.” It’s a lovely companion piece to their other rule, “brutal legal consequences for minorities who so much as jaywalk.”
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Led to it by Stonekettle, I read this thread that purports many of the whacknuts, Boebert, et al, were discovered through a talent search. On brand.

I wonder if Fit Lump is on explore talent

On 8/1/2021 at 8:10 PM, aggie08 said:

All of this. As long as Costco is open, and the WiFi still works, they aren't doing shit after watching the 1/6 idiots face real consequences.

Well, I’m anti-Trump and anti all of the GOP bullshit.  As long as Costco is open and my WiFi works I’m pretty chill too!  

3 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Today’s FAFO loser.

Well, at least Mr Apley doesn't have to live without his freedoms.  You can help his family pay for his medical and funeral expenses at his GoFAFOMe page.  They still need $17,105 to get to their goal of $35,000.  Its pretty fucking sad that his infant son is going to have to face the tyranny of modern medicine without a dad, but death-cult gonna death-cult, I guess.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-scott-and-melissa-apley-with-medical-bills

Edited by Goredho

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

E79W8laX0AA6WK2?format=jpg&name=large

I would refuse to answer the letter until somebody at that firm could explain why Ernest Hal Woods, III (second lawyer from the top) took on the name "Bucky" only after being rated as one of the Ten Best Personal Injury lawyers in North Georgia, despite having graduated from one of the Top 3 now-defunct Atlanta-area night law schools. 

I want to know the story of why we now call him "Bucky"   We Americans deserve answers! 

On 7/31/2021 at 10:25 PM, JimmyJames said:

Yeah that’s just bizarre. I know plenty of dumbasses who went to Westlake and are working some brain dead job doing whatever and none of them wound up driving semis. I’m not trying to insult truck drivers and it actually can be a very good job if you can handle it but that’s a very strange career arc from that background. There’s something wrong with that guy.

Yeah, a productive trucker probably makes more money than those type of dumbasses.

It's just "culturally" weird.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't think CRT should be taught in K-8.  which works out well 'cause it's fucking not.  However, some white parents should just be happy there teaching anything in school.  I mean at least CRT involves reading and writing.  Which our kids can't do for shit anymore.  The ship sure as shit fucking sailed on STEM skills for most kids.  

I mean 90% of our nation's schools can't be in the Top 10,000 according to a study I've just invented.  There are 100,000 public schools in this country.  What the fuck actually goes on at the vast majority of them all fucking day?  We suck at the humanities, the sciences, and maths.  Shit, why not give CRT a try?  What do you have to lose...that Stanford scholarship burning a whole in your kid's transcript folder?  

7 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

As if that's a scary fine. By the time Biden and AOC are done, $5 million will be the price of a dozen eggs. /MyFBFriendsFromHS

Not sure there's much of a difference, but it's a reduction in funding of between 2 and 10% annually or 1 to 5 million, whichever is less.  And it is also only until corrective measures are put in place.

I don't support any of it, but I don't like hysterical reporting, either.

29 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I’m tempted to start a non-profit organization that hands out books on CRT to Tennessee high school students, with a cover that reads “This book was BANNED by the government. Your parents don’t want you to read it. Read it and find out why!”

skip the cost of printing controversial books and just read the book aloud on a TV show:

10 hours ago, Yuk said:

This is fine. Tennessee already has such a tremendous public school system that I’m sure they won’t miss a few million here and there for funding.  They don’t even need the money. Not when the state churns out some of the lowest percentage of HS graduates in the US.

older article, but I’d wager it a still holds up. 

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/education/2017/01/24/tennessee-eighth-least-educated-state-in-america-no-43/96992168/

Texas edged them out by a whole spot, so suck it TN

Edited by SydneyCarton

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Counterpoint: Republicans want to keep people stupid so they keep voting for Republicans 

Remember NewSpeak in 1984? The entire point was to remove problematic words so people wouldn't even have a way to describe what they're feeling. Same idea with this - train an entire generation of kids that nothing bad happened in the past and it's just sour grapes.

Must be that free speech that we always hear so much about from our very fine right wingers like @Incredulity

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I am not surprised by that article.  As a former Republican, it's fucking embarrassing how far things have come.  Republicans and Democrats used to be able to clash over various political beliefs, but still reach agreement on some things, and could still walk away from one another without their worldview being shattered.  Now too many Rs have to fucking retreat to their safe space and/or abruptly end a phone or text conversation because they can't handle having their beliefs challenged.
It's easy to blame Trump, but holy shit, how did they go from being so passionate/fiery about their beliefs, and willing to give as much as they got, to hanging up the phone when you poke one little hole in their argument?
Gotta give some credit to Fox News for putting them in an echo chamber, and Facebook deserves its share of scorn, but this whole snowflake thing had to have been building for years.

Modern American conservatism is built on a victim complex. Why do you think aggy proudly proclaims itself the most conservative college in the nation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

On 8/5/2021 at 7:31 AM, Captainant said:

Remember NewSpeak in 1984? The entire point was to remove problematic words so people wouldn't even have a way to describe what they're feeling. Same idea with this - train an entire generation of kids that nothing bad happened in the past and it's just sour grapes.

Must be that free speech that we always hear so much about from our very fine right wingers like @Incredulity

Go hump someone else’s leg.  Fucking bitchass.

Edited by blacklab
user taking vacation for shit posting
  • Fuck You 5