The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

"This is an overwhelming Trump phenomenon,” said a gloomy Republican strategist who spoke on the condition of anonymity to offer a candid assessment of the party’s plight. “Trump has accelerated everything. There is no path in a swing, suburban district for a Republican — male, female or minority. … It’s not a challenge, it’s a hill. … There’s no strategy to climb it."

----

The biggest red flag I’d be worrying about is Pennsylvania,” Schriefer wrote. “Key, targeted state and critical to the Trump coalition. Yet Democrats cleaned up in the suburbs, sweeping in Delaware County — a county with a 30,000 [Republican] plurality and under [Republican] control since the Civil War, an area filled with college-educated, upper/middle income, primarily white voters that were once the bedrock of the Republican Party.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/tuesdays-elections-highlight-the-anti-trump-fervor-in-americas-suburbs/2019/11/06/a8c9b356-00b5-11ea-8501-2a7123a38c58_story.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

"This is an overwhelming Trump phenomenon,” said a gloomy Republican strategist who spoke on the condition of anonymity to offer a candid assessment of the party’s plight. “Trump has accelerated everything. There is no path in a swing, suburban district for a Republican — male, female or minority. … It’s not a challenge, it’s a hill. … There’s no strategy to climb it."

----

The biggest red flag I’d be worrying about is Pennsylvania,” Schriefer wrote. “Key, targeted state and critical to the Trump coalition. Yet Democrats cleaned up in the suburbs, sweeping in Delaware County — a county with a 30,000 [Republican] plurality and under [Republican] control since the Civil War, an area filled with college-educated, upper/middle income, primarily white voters that were once the bedrock of the Republican Party.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/tuesdays-elections-highlight-the-anti-trump-fervor-in-americas-suburbs/2019/11/06/a8c9b356-00b5-11ea-8501-2a7123a38c58_story.html

Watching the GOP adjust and attempt to gerrymander new districts drawn strictly around impoverished, white dumbasses for the next ten years will be amusing.

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Watching the GOP adjust and attempt to gerrymander new districts drawn strictly around impoverished, white dumbasses for the next ten years will be amusing.

There aren't enough of them, though.  That's the reason this suburban purge is such a problem.  The districts as is were drawn as to where the upscale suburban whites were the cornerstone to keeping the district red.  You could lump them in with some urban minorities and white liberals and cancel their votes out.  Move the suburban whites just 5-10% and the math stops working.

31 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

As I said in the 2020 senate thread, I am loving this messiness! Only helps out Jones.

Is Sessions going to go scorched earth on Trump?  He is a proud Southerner, and Trump is a Yankee (librool).  And it seems like Trump will resort to calling Sessions dumb, stupid, ignorant, a traitor, etc. on twitter, since that's his MO when dealing with people.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Is Sessions going to go scorched earth on Trump?  He is a proud Southerner, and Trump is a Yankee (librool).  And it seems like Trump will resort to calling Sessions dumb, stupid, ignorant, a traitor, etc. on twitter, since that's his MO when dealing with people.

Trump is now a Floridian who pretends to be South Beach but is Tallahassee in his heart.

• Like 2

Bad news for Republicans - 

Top 10 declines in the white share of voting age public citizens over the past 4 years, based on census data, for certain states:

#4 - Texas - -3.1% (becoming a purple state)
#5 - Arizona - -3.0% (becoming a purple state)
#6 - Florida - -3.0% (purple-ish state)

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Bad news for Republicans - 

Top 10 declines in the white share of voting age public citizens over the past 4 years, based on census data, for certain states:

#4 - Texas - -3.1% (becoming a purple state)
#5 - Arizona - -3.0% (becoming a purple state)
#6 - Florida - -3.0% (purple-ish state)

That is pretty surprising re: Florida.  Big Puerto Rico influx?

for context.  2016 Margins in each:

#4 - Texas - -3.1% (becoming a purple state).  Trump by 9%
#5 - Arizona - -3.0% (becoming a purple state).  Trump by 3.5%
#6 - Florida - -3.0% (purple-ish state).  Trump by 1.2%

Even wave-less, it wouldn't be out of the question me if that would be the difference in FL.  non-whites would have to go 2.1D-0.9R to make up that 1.2%

Ol Gym Jordan is back in the news

A professional referee says in a lawsuit filed Thursday that disgraced doctor Richard Strauss masturbated in front of him in a shower after a wrestling match at Ohio State University, and he reported the encounter directly to Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who was then the assistant coach.

“Yeah, that’s Strauss,” Jordan and then-head coach Russ Hellickson replied, according to the lawsuit, when the referee, identified in court papers as John Doe 42, told them about the incident. The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Ohio, implies that Jordan's response to the incident, which the referee said happened in 1994, was essentially a shrug.

John Doe 42 is the second person to say he told Jordan directly about either being approached or molested by Strauss, who was found by independent investigators to have sexually abused 177 male students over two decades.

Just finished perusing posts with the name of the supposed whistleblower. Does social media make us stupid or is it just bringing the stupid to light? Seriously, what's the answer for people that do not seem capable of critical thought.

Also, could someone explain to me--maybe one of the resident Trumpkins-- how in the hell following statutory whistleblower with a complaint that is deemed credible and urgent, and then corroborated by multiple witness, is treason? What the fuck is wrong with these people? And the numbers. It's absolutely terrifying. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Just finished perusing posts with the name of the supposed whistleblower. Does social media make us stupid or is it just bringing the stupid to light? Seriously, what's the answer for people that do not seem capable of critical thought.

Also, could someone explain to me--maybe one of the resident Trumpkins-- how in the hell following statutory whistleblower with a complaint that is deemed credible and urgent, and then corroborated by multiple witness, is treason? What the fuck is wrong with these people? And the numbers. It's absolutely terrifying. 

I've actually been thinking about this very thing all day.  This is a massive failure of our education system.  The reason all of this is happening is an inability to think critically and it's fucking astounding to watch it manifest itself.  Social media amplifies it and gives the dumbest among us an equal voice, which, I'm sorry, it not a fucking good thing.  

One of the most important things we all need to realize and confront is that getting rid of the dotard is just step one.  Granted, a very important step one, but we have a long way to go to unfuck ourselves, if that's even possible at this point.

When we have reached the point where objective truth is ignored by literally 30% (being conservative) of the population there is a HUGE fucking problem and I honestly don't know how we get back from it.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 2

I've actually been thinking about this very thing all day.  This is a massive failure of our education system.  The reason all of this is happening is an inability to think critically and it's fucking astounding to watch it manifest itself.  Social media amplifies it and gives the dumbest among us an equal voice, which, I'm sorry, it not a fucking good thing.  
One of the most important things we all need to realize and confront is that getting rid of the dotard is just step one.  Granted, a very important step one, but we have a long way to go to unfuck ourselves, if that's even possible at this point.
When we have reached the point where objective truth is ignored by literally 30% (being conservative) of the population there is a HUGE fucking problem and I honestly don't know how we get back from it.

We don’t.

According to the comments below the original tweet, that photo is from Good Housekeeping.  Scott Walker is prematurely announcing his persecution as a white Christian male so everyone can give him a wide berth during Black Friday shopping at the Mega Mall. He needn't have bothered since most malls are sparsely populated these days and they, like Mr. Walker, are struggling to stay relevant.

You know, I am a Christian, have been one my whole life, am married to a pastor.

The GOP has pretty much gotten me to a spot where I fucking loathe Christians. The core tenets of American Christianity seem to be 1) use “faith” as an excuse to be dicks to people, 2) whine incessantly about being persecuted, in spite of controlling the government and society for our entire history, and 3) preaching that the Gospel says that God wants you to be rich, and it’s okay to do whatever you need to do to get there.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

dying will be the greatest contribution to society to have been made by 100% of Trump supporters (~99% of current Republicans)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You know, I am a Christian, have been one my whole life, am married to a pastor.

The GOP has pretty much gotten me to a spot where I fucking loathe Christians. The core tenets of American Christianity seem to be 1) use “faith” as an excuse to be dicks to people, 2) whine incessantly about being persecuted, in spite of controlling the government and society for our entire history, and 3) preaching that the Gospel says that God wants you to be rich, and it’s okay to do whatever you need to do to get there.

Serious question: do you think this is a new phenomena or has been embedded in the GOP for a while now? I know where i lean. 

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult