The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

I have a feeling we're going to be hearing a lot about Hawley in the years to come.  If the GOP makes this turn, the democrat party is toast.  I doubt it will substantively come to pass, but even only a rhetorical turn could pretty much make dems a party only for minorities and urban white granola eaters. 

That’s not happening anytime soon. In fact the dems are a lot closer to that message than the republicans.

8 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. "That's not the way the world really works anymore." He continued "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors … and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

• Suskind, Ron (2004-10-17). Faith, Certainty and the Presidency of George W. Bush. New York Times Magazine.  

That aide was later revealed to be Karl Rove. Just another in a long list of ways the Bush/Cheney administration foreshadowed the present one. 

I’ve noticed a key change in many conservative speakers on tv lately.  When they disagree with the idea that trump did something wrong with Ukraine, their response is that trumps guilt is only an opinion and other opinions are equally as valid. “I think trump is innocent so therefore the facts don’t matter”

or with Ukraine meddling in 2016, they fall back that it’s possible that Ukraine attempted or did something similar to Russia so therefore Ukraine is as a bad as Russia.

TLDR: all opinions and facts are equally valid because they say so.

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I’ve noticed a key change in many conservative speakers on tv lately.  When they disagree with the idea that trump did something wrong with Ukraine, their response is that trumps guilt is only an opinion and other opinions are equally as valid. “I think trump is innocent so therefore the facts don’t matter”

or with Ukraine meddling in 2016, they fall back that it’s possible that Ukraine attempted or did something similar to Russia so therefore Ukraine is as a bad as Russia.

TLDR: all opinions and facts are equally valid because they say so.

alternative facts man.  psycho hosebeast out front should have told you back in 2017.

19 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

BUT IMPEACHMENT SUBVERTS THE WILL OF THE VOTERS

we have jet airplanes and video teleconferencing right in our pockets.  there's 0 excuse for having lame duck politicians in 2019.

Edited by elfenix

On 11/25/2019 at 3:16 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. "That's not the way the world really works anymore." He continued "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors … and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

• Suskind, Ron (2004-10-17). Faith, Certainty and the Presidency of George W. Bush. New York Times Magazine.  

quotes on point

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:

Seriously.  At this point, I'm actually kind of surprised that Dotard and his followers haven't said that it's SUPER-important that we re-elect Trump to protect us from evil gang members who put AIDS-infected needles  in the coin return slots of payphones and who flash their headlights at people in a gang initiation, which are totally things that are happening RIGHT NOW.

On 11/25/2019 at 2:16 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

George Orwell and Rage Against the Machine already covered this.

2 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

I stumbled on this video and here is a great example of how someone will vote against their own health and it’s freaking scary, they refuse to get politics involved in this debate but I am sure they do in everything else.

The pubs failure in repealing Obamacare was, in a way, unfortunate.  Hundreds of thousands of white people dying without healthcare may have actually woken up the deplorables a little bit. 

Just now, Horn Dog said:

The pubs failure in repealing Obamacare was, in a way, unfortunate.  Hundreds of thousands of white people dying without healthcare may have actually woken up the deplorables a little bit. 

I feel like I have enough poor white Trumpkin relatives to safely say - they haven't woken up to shit.  

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

They willl never wake up and will keep on preaching, government stay away from my Medicare  

• Like 3

Not sure where to file this since it's Texas centric.

Young Democrats And Former Austin Official Sue Over Texas' Ban On Temporary Voting Locations 

The Texas Secretary of State is being sued over a new law banning local governments from setting up temporary polling locations – or any polling location that isn’t open throughout all of early voting.

This is the second lawsuit challenging Texas House Bill 1888, which was passed by the Republican-led Legislature earlier this year.

The lawsuit was filed Tuesday in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas in Austin. It is led by former Austin Assistant City Manager Terrell Blodgett, Texas Young Democrats (TYD) and Texas College Democrats.

“We are here to tear down an obstacle to the right to vote,” Mike Siegel, who is representing Blodgett, said during a press conference Tuesday.

Siegel, a civil rights attorney who is running for Congress against Republican incumbent Michael McCaul, said the law “suppresses the vote of young people, of seniors, of people with disabilities” and people without access to transportation.

Blodgett, who is 96, said he has almost never missed an election – that is until HB 1888 went into effect. Because of the law, the mobile polling site at Westminster, the senior living community he lives in, was forced to close. Blodgett said he has relied on that polling location and was unable to vote because he wasn’t feeling well and couldn’t use public transportation.

“I would have had to climb on this bus and go over from the house to the library and vote because we didn’t have the facility or the voting machines there at Westminster,” he said.

When asked, Blodgett said he thinks Republicans in the Legislature passed the law for political reasons.

“I think they did it to suppress the Democratic vote,” he said.

Young voter groups affiliated with the Democratic Party said they also think the ban is political – and specifically aimed at keeping young people from voting.

Mayra Mendoza, executive vice president for the Texas Young Democrats, said she thinks it's a direct response to the 2018 election. During that election, turnout among Texas voters under 30 tripled compared to the previous midterm election.

“I have no doubt that it has everything to do with a legitimate fear that we will replicate such a massive young turnout,” Mendoza said.

According to the lawsuit, many young voters were unable to vote in 2019 because they lacked access to transportation.

“For example, at three different college campuses in Austin where there are TYD constituents — Huston-Tillotson University, St. Edward’s University and Austin Community College — mobile voting locations that had been available and used by TYD voters in the 2018 elections were no longer available for use in the November 2019 election,” plaintiffs say in the lawsuit.

Last month, the Texas Democratic Party also sued over the ban, citing similar concerns.

Plaintiffs in the latest suit are asking the court to halt the law before early voting starts in February.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pasken said:

Not sure where to file this since it's Texas centric.

Young Democrats And Former Austin Official Sue Over Texas' Ban On Temporary Voting Locations 

Thanks for posting. We will see similar stories across all states in the coming year. They know they can’t win without cheating. They are desperate, but they can win if people don’t pay attention. 

42 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Nice people.

100% Desperation. If Republican politicians start disobeying Trump publicly, that's not a good scenario for him.

It's cute that Gaetz thinks he's some kind of enforcer, or that Trump will actually like him - he's a tool as far as Trump is concerned.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, Gengs1 said:

I stumbled on this video and here is a great example of how someone will vote against their own health and it’s freaking scary, they refuse to get politics involved in this debate but I am sure they do in everything else.

I’m not anti-coal but the Right would never acknowledge that coal really takes from the taxpayer. Think of this poor guy, who gets $6k of medicine from Obamacare per month. How much money did this couple pay in income tax in their lifetime? How long will it take for the 6k/mo to exceed their lifetime tax payments?  Less than 2 years? Less than 1? They’re a net taker from the system, which is ridiculous since i assume this guy worked his ass off in the mines.

But back on Obamacare, whats funny is that if Warren or Sanders get elected, the gop will be the ones supporting Obamacare because they won’t want M4A.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

On 11/27/2019 at 9:59 AM, Gengs1 said:

Fanatic--these are the same types that in other parts of the world are used to become human bombers. They've already willingly sacrificed themselves.

Edited by Mdhorn

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Republicans are a lost cause, so their numbers there are no surprise. But oh my god independents. 44% think Russia interfered in the election, 33% don't know. 

that 33% isn't Independent either--just haven't gotten around to registering as Rs or can't be hassled to plug in. I'd be interested to see if they can be bothered to vote.  

Consultant known for urging cities to stop "enabling"  homeless people, in part by blocking charities that hand out food, has been tapped to lead the agency that coordinates the federal government's response to homelessness. Because of course he has.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-12-04/homeless-robert-marbut-interagency-council-executive-director-trump

On 11/30/2019 at 9:38 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Nice people.

Remember when Republicans used to pretend they cared about states rights?  Now they have a Florida representative threatening the office of a GA state official if he doesn't appoint the federal executive's choice for a GA Senate seat. 

So now the President knows best about what is good for Georgia. I'd like to say their complete abdication of states rights will come back to bite them in the ass when we have a Dem President. But it won't. They'll go right back to bullshit states rights claims, pretend they were never any different, and nobody will call them out on it. 

• Like 1

Casual racism from the GOP?  You bet.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/12/03/greg-abbott-rescinds-endorsement-texas-republican-rick-miller/

State Rep. Rick Miller, R-Sugar Land, is no longer running for reelection after he sparked a firestorm for saying he was facing primary challengers because they are Asian.

“He’s a Korean. He has decided because, because he is an Asian that my district might need an Asian to win. And that’s kind of racist in my mind, but anyway, that’s not necessary, at least not yet,” Miller said of Jetton.

Chan “jumped in probably for the same reason,” Miller told the Chronicle. “I don’t know, I never met the guy. I have no idea who he is. He has not been around Republican channels at all, but he’s an Asian.”

The backlash was swift early Tuesday as Gov. Greg Abbott pulled his endorsement of Miller and the Fort Bend County GOP chair asked Miller to consider dropping out.

In a statement, Abbott spokesman John Wittman said Miller’s comments were “inappropriate and out of touch with the values of the Republican Party.”

Oh, and let's be clear....“inappropriate and out of touch with the values of the Republican Party" means "it's a heavily Asian district, so he might lose, and that's the only value the GOP has -- holding on to power."

The GOP is well on its way to losing Ft. Bend County.  That's amazing.

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/12/03/greg-abbott-rescinds-endorsement-texas-republican-rick-miller/

Oh, and let's be clear....“inappropriate and out of touch with the values of the Republican Party" means "it's a heavily Asian district, so he might lose, and that's the only value the GOP has -- holding on to power."

nah, "inappropriate and out of touch with the values of the republican party" actually means "he said out loud what we all were thinking because we are all racists just like him, but you are supposed to be smart enough not to say the racist stuff out loud unless its couched in clever dog whistles"

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

To be fair, there are a lot of Asians in Sugar Land.  

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

To be fair, there are a lot of Asians in Sugar Land.  

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult