The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Someone photoshop Gosnar with Epstein and tweet “Both of these men are hated by their families”.

His defense that the photoshopped image doesn’t matter because his accompanying tweet was true should make him A-Okay with him being added to pictures of despicable people as long as the tweet that goes with it is true, right?

On 1/7/2020 at 6:31 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Travis County GOP chair, Republican Consultant, rising (unverified grade) national social media pundit, and friend of several on this board.

What handle does this greasy-looking, prepubescent little butterball post under?

• Like 1

Bradley Byrne of Alabama trots out his "Nat Turner" list of people he wants voters to fear and loathe.

@Longhorn_Fan68 --I don't think that's what Father Duffy said.

If you don't get the reference, watch the video but you have to wait until at least the first minute before he's mentioned:

(Actually, Carol Burnette's character, Wanda Wiggins, lacks the 'h' in her name, but I included it for different reasons.)

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Everybody I know that is still in, and most who are out (there's a few Trumpkins, but abandoning the Kurds took the wind out of their sails) does not think this way at all - they do not want a war with Iran.   

I'm going to take a wild guess that Banks was an officer. Maybe even Air Force or Navy.

It's nothing against many officers, or the AF or Navy, but you're typical soldier or Marine has a far different take on many different topics than officers.  When I saw that poll showing that only 42% of service members are happy with Trump, I fully believe it.  People try to make your typical 18-25 year-olds who are doing the shit jobs, and who will be in the shit, as 100% loyal to the President.  They are not.  For every few that are happy about going to war or whatever, there's a bunch who judge the chain-of-command up to, and including the President, by how hard they make their lives.

I was in under Clinton.  We didn't give a shit about him getting blowjobs or being impeached, outside of a chuckle about his choice of interns.  It was about getting paid and getting laid, and doing what we needed to do to avoid getting shit duties or whatever.  9/11 moved the needle for plenty of service members, and they were actually gung ho and proud to serve and willing to take on shit assignments, but Iraq really soured a lot of these folks on things.

And regardless of whether Banks was an officer or not, he's a Representative, so I'm fairly certain he's at least knowledgable enough to know that Iran of 2020 is far superior to Iraq of 2003.  If he's not, he should be at least intelligent enough to know that Iran had far too many direct hits on that base with what is supposed to be their lesser missiles to make folks comfortable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You almost have to respect them, they don't even try to hide it anymore, unlike most.

It's SOP and its very calculated.  Say something with a 5% plausible out. 

"Don't monkey this election up."

"I'd go to a public hanging."

"1000 years of darkness."

"White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?"

Get to cry foul when people accuse you of racism.   

Those libs want to jump on me and they didn't even understand the totally innocent version that I can point to.

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult