The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

They are shameless.  Republican raises $80k running against Adam Schiff before moving to Texas to challenge Colin Allred. Has no intention of returning the money.  Not registered to vote in Texas. Says he has roots here because a great grandfather was a cotton farmer here.  

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2020/01/28/republican-raises-80k-running-against-adam-schiff-before-moving-to-texas-to-challenge-colin-allred/

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I don’t often get to type the following sentence in regards to politics.....

I like this.

83aa12fc82ac0438aa6bc97a51ffc188.jpg
347c48d02bebb61a7212b1b703060749.jpg

I'm surprised (because crooked rich Republicans), but maybe I shouldn't be.  I know my wife has been making contributions to a shitload of Dem candidates all over (Texas and other key races).  My family has never been big on political donations -- we are now.  

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm surprised (because crooked rich Republicans), but maybe I shouldn't be.  I know my wife has been making contributions to a shitload of Dem candidates all over (Texas and other key races).  My family has never been big on political donations -- we are now.  

i suspect that the nra going broke has had quite a chilling effect on the laundered russian nra money, tho

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i suspect that the nra going broke has had quite a chilling effect on the laundered russian nra money, tho

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What's to stop the flow of Russian money through the NRA to Republican coffers? The Justice Department?

I am convinced this is the backbone (lol) of the entire takeover of the Republican party by the dotard.  I will never let this die.  I've never been more sure of anything in my life.  It makes too much got damned sense.

7 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Maybe it's always been relatively close, discounting what the NRA would contribute.  With that curtailed greatly, combined with the GOP's 19th century stance on social issues as a party, things have changed.

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I've never been big into politics other than doing a little research before voting, and have voted around 70/30 Democratic to Republican in the past. Between the end of last year and today I've probably donated to 6 or 7 Dem candidates already. Waiting to see who the Surly Lib PAC decides to support too.

• Like 1

They are shameless.  Republican raises $80k running against Adam Schiff before moving to Texas to challenge Colin Allred. Has no intention of returning the money.  Not registered to vote in Texas. Says he has roots here because a great grandfather was a cotton farmer here.  

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2020/01/28/republican-raises-80k-running-against-adam-schiff-before-moving-to-texas-to-challenge-colin-allred/

Respect the grift tho

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Now this is an attack ad:

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Respect the grift tho

Fuck yes....to both.

Glad to see Dems going for the juggler.

And glad to see the GOP not even trying to hide the fact that it's just a tent full of grifters, con-men, and compromised criminals.

• Like 1

I haven’t looked them up yet, but isn’t the Lincoln Project a Republican Never-Trump outfit? It’d make sense given that they’re lauding Goldwater and McCain. Also, Democrats don’t generally know how to go for the jugular like that.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I haven’t looked them up yet, but isn’t the Lincoln Project a Republican Never-Trump outfit? It’d make sense given that they’re lauding Goldwater and McCain. Also, Democrats don’t generally know how to go for the jugular like that.

Correct. That attack ad was produced by R never dotard-ers

Yep. It’s Rick Wilson’s group.

You can hear I his signature biting snark in all the ads they’ve produced so far.

Can someone please explain to me the rural poor’s love for the GOP. I genuinely don’t understand how that came to be. The 14 states with the highest poverty rates are all Republican strongholds. The the great lakes states are only swing states because they have a balance between rural and urban population but the rural poor in those places are all overwhelmingly republican  

Is it a race thing? A gun thing? 

4 minutes ago, heso said:

Can someone please explain to me the rural poor’s love for the GOP. I genuinely don’t understand how that came to be. The 14 states with the highest poverty rates are all Republican strongholds. The the great lakes states are only swing states because they have a balance between rural and urban population but the rural poor in those places are all overwhelmingly republican  

It's a lot of this, summed up by a damned cartoon:

Banker-Worker-Immigrant-cookie-distribut

Think of the "plight of the rural white working man."  Then think of who the GOP has told us who is to blame for it -- immigrants, (((coastal elites))), etc.  And listen to the GOP battle cry -- they'll "make America Great Again" -- that is, take you back to the good old days, when we burned nuthin' but coal, and white guys were the only folks around who could do those jobs.

Guns, homosexuality, etc. -- those are just proxy issues to remind poor white folks that all of their problems are caused by some version of "the other," who don't respect poor white folks' "way of life."  It's dog whistles on top of dog whistles.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, heso said:

you want my honest opinion?

i think it's a country music thing. i think it has to do with "okie from muskogee" and "a country boy can survive" thing. the rural population still doesn't know how to deal with the hippies and the diversity. go to east texas. see where the black folks still live actually across the train tracks. see all the stars and bars stickers and flags on dually pickup trucks. fuck, just go to a bucee's and look around the parking lot, and look in the shopping section.

it's nixon's southern strategy, and it fucking worked, because while nixon was an evil fuck, he was also a fucking super genius. and while it resonated as the "southern strategy" it worked in rural everywhere, because that's small town white folks who are scared of the black folks, and that manifests itself as overt and sometimes subtle racism.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, heso said:

"If you can convince the lowest white man that he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him someone to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." - LBJ

It's a race thing for sure. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lurch said:

It’s abortion.

They then go on to side with every other argument because team.

But, it’s abortion.

it's not abortion.

it's race. abortion is symptomatic of the race thing, but it's really race. like i said above, there's some hippie dippie shit thrown in there for good measure, but it's mostly race. because the hippies were for race equality. it's race. it's always race for republicans. i think i've only realized this obvious fact very recently.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's a lot of this, summed up by a damned cartoon:

Banker-Worker-Immigrant-cookie-distribut

Think of the "plight of the rural white working man."  Then think of who the GOP has told us who is to blame for it -- immigrants, (((coastal elites))), etc.  And listen to the GOP battle cry -- they'll "make America Great Again" -- that is, take you back to the good old days, when we burned nuthin' but coal, and white guys were the only folks around who could do those jobs.

Guns, homosexuality, etc. -- those are just proxy issues to remind poor white folks that all of their problems are caused by some version of "the other," who don't respect poor white folks' "way of life."  It's dog whistles on top of dog whistles.

That is one of the best, and saddest, cartoons I've ever seen.

What's fascinating to me that it wasn't always this way right? I think of the populist movements trying to make life better for the farmers and all the programs rolled out by FDR trying to help citizens in the rural parts of our country. Have people in these areas forgotten their history?

55 minutes ago, heso said:

God, guns, and gays. 

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

God, guns, and gays. 

i'm telling you, it's race, first and foremost. republicans are okay with "confirmed bachelors" like lindsey graham. 

god and guns are just appeals to the rural, simple folks.

the republican party has been exploiting the ignorant for years and year now. getting your average rural voter to vote for upper class and corporate tax cuts because reasons. the venn diagram between those taking entitlements in rural america and those that vote against entitlements in rural america has significant overlap. there's also a strange fantasy in the rural community that they are THISCLOSE to being rich. maybe the next season will produce a bounty crop. maybe that next lotto ticket has the jackpot. maybe there's oil under their land. whatever it is.

therefore, protecting the rich is in their best interests, because, as entitled white people, they have a real chance at being rich, so they want the landing zone as padded as possible for when they arrive. i'm telling you, country music has a lot to do with it. 

• Like 2

It is quite sad really - they don't realize their dreams have already been divided up, financialized, and are no longer available to them. They are left holding the rope as the wealth concentrates in tiny citadels around the world. The ones that realize it become bitter. At that small point in time, most can be reached. But elite lackeys are cruel, so they harden, put on their protective shell, and withdraw into anger.

This type of behavior (below) by the media and talking heads is extremely unhelpful and unhealthy for this nation. This drives these Americans to Trump. 

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1221999373829144578

That is a former McCain Republican on the right. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Dan Patrick morning to Arizona in 3..2...

Why can't they have a transgender team sports, competitions, whatever?   If there's not enough people then they can run individual events for trans-athletes at the track meets.  

11 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

It is quite sad really - they don't realize their dreams have already been divided up, financialized, and are no longer available to them. They are left holding the rope as the wealth concentrates in tiny citadels around the world. The ones that realize it become bitter. At that small point in time, most can be reached. But elite lackeys are cruel, so they harden, put on their protective shell, and withdraw into anger.

This type of behavior (below) by the media and talking heads is extremely unhelpful and unhealthy for this nation. This drives these Americans to Trump. 

Fuck em.  Let's battle.

Edit: For real though, I don't feel an ounce of pity for them.  They made their bed.  It's not up to me to get them out of it.  The behavior in that video is fucking nothing compared to what this admin and his cult have been doing for 3+ years.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Small government...so small they can get up in your genitals.

Nothing says less government like getting up into your constituents genitals.  Also, no death panels or gun registrations but again, they'll check genitalia for athletic events. 

10 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

i'll convince them by being right, not by being nice.

14 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

yeah, fuck em. they want to wallow in their ignorance, belittle "elitist intellectuals" and the "secular humanists" and any sort of educated populace in general? they deserve ridicule. they can be as angry about it as they want. when even republicans are turning on your dumb ass, maybe it's time for a little introspection. nope. they'll just call rick fucking wilson a libtard, because reasons.

Don't create opportunities for your opponent - Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

But if it is to be full out war, we have the numbers if we row together. I just don't want to fire them up when we can, as Suingtogetamessageboard said, win with the truth and try to tell them why Trump isn't a good President for them. That works. One-on-one conversations work. 

Edited by washparkhorn

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Don't create opportunities for your opponent - Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

the time for being nice is over. that's how the democrats have been losing.

there's a reason there are so many "former republicans" during the trump era. these fucking dudes: 

9b2_717trump1-3-800x430.jpg?itok=g_prHXK

they deserve no fucking quarter. they are a dying demographic. it's up to us not to let them drag us into oblivion with them. 

fuck em.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Nothing says less government like getting up into your constituents genitals.  Also, no death panels or gun registrations but again, they'll check genitalia for athletic events. 

Doesn't count as long as it only impacts browns, LGBTQ, muslims and other groups that they hate - you should know that by now.  Just as a refresher:

"He’s not hurting the people he needs to be"

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the time for being nice is over. that's how the democrats have been losing.

there's a reason there are so many "former republicans" during the trump era. these fucking dudes: 

9b2_717trump1-3-800x430.jpg?itok=g_prHXK

they deserve no fucking quarter. they are a dying demographic. it's up to us not to let them drag us into oblivion with them. 

fuck em.

Some are not reachable. Agree. 

And those unreachables deserve no respite from the poison they spread.

Edited by washparkhorn

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult