The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, JustBecause said:

Probably has more legal standing than the impeachment debacle.  Since there is an actual law being violated. 

Well then, he can get in line behind the other people trying to pursue lawbreakers then. For example, Betsy DeVos is ignoring a federal court order, KellyAnne Conway has violated the Hatch Act so many times I've lost count and if I bother to go look them up, I can probably come up with more.

Matt Gaetz is an attention hog trying to hold onto his seat in Congress. If he is defeated in November, he will do what they all do and find some think tank or lobby group and continue being a career politician/mooch and a not very good one at that.

• Like 1

“But White House aides realized early on that they were unable to stop Trump from ripping up paper after he was done with it and throwing it in the trash or on the floor, according to people familiar with the practice. Instead, they chose to clean it up for him, in order to make sure that the president wasn’t violating the law.”https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

What if Romney's neice puts Romney on the primary ballots? I'm pretty sure every Republican who's not vocal about a vote for Trump (most of them) would easily vote for Romney against this garbage Democrat field.

Why is the field garbage?  Who would you like to see?

13 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Well then, he can get in line behind the other people trying to pursue lawbreakers then. For example, Betsy DeVos is ignoring a federal court order, KellyAnne Conway has violated the Hatch Act so many times I've lost count and if I bother to go look them up, I can probably come up with more.

Matt Gaetz is an attention hog trying to hold onto his seat in Congress. If he is defeated in November, he will do what they all do and find some think tank or lobby group and continue being a career politician/mooch and a not very good one at that.

So are you telling me that Rep Gaetz is in danger of losing his election?  Hmmm, I don’t remember seeing that anywhere. 

Edited by JustBecause
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, JustBecause said:

Curious, since what I said is indisputable. 

Are you a UT grad?  I am honestly curious about retards that have achieved things in life.  How they must have compartmentalized things in their brain or something like that.  Something that allowed you to do well enough in school to get a pretty respected degree, but remain completely unaware about even the basics of something impeachment, which was front page news with in depth stories everywhere.  If I've incorrectly assumed you are a college grad and you are just retarded in all aspects of life, I apologize.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JustBecause said:

Except for the part about the law being violated.  That law applies only to official records, not to copies of speeches.

Regardless, that law has zero to do with corruption of the office of President, or Speaker, or abuse of the power of the office.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On a fairly regular basis I end up being around quite a few political types at charity events here in Florida. With Steube and Buchanan being close to me I see them more than others. I never talk politics at these things and I would never say a negative word to these guys. Who wants to be the dickhead calling out people at a charity event?  However, I’m not sure I could help myself if I get the chance to meet Gaetz. He is such a fucking clown. At the minimum I’m not sure I could keep myself from laughing at him right in his smug face.

14 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

On a fairly regular basis I end up being around quite a few political types at charity events here in Florida. With Steube and Buchanan being close to me I see them more than others. I never talk politics at these things and I would never say a negative word to these guys. Who wants to be the dickhead calling out people at a charity event?  However, I’m not sure I could help myself if I get the chance to meet Gaetz. He is such a fucking clown. At the minimum I’m not sure I could keep myself from laughing at him right in his smug face.

Instead of running in a crowded field in Texas, Pete Sessions (I think his second wife is from Florida) could have taken on Gaetz in Florida and it might've been close. I understand that is not how things are done, but like you said, Gaetz is  such a clown. I suppose in some ways that's a saving grace in that the Keystone Kops aspect keeps the damage to a minimum compared to the intellectual heavyweights and what they could do.

2 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Are you a UT grad?  I am honestly curious about retards that have achieved things in life.  How they must have compartmentalized things in their brain or something like that.  Something that allowed you to do well enough in school to get a pretty respected degree, but remain completely unaware about even the basics of something impeachment, which was front page news with in depth stories everywhere.  If I've incorrectly assumed you are a college grad and you are just retarded in all aspects of life, I apologize.

I’ll play your game.  Yes I have a BS and MS in Engineering from Texas.  Your pithy comments aside I notice that if you (Including all your cohorts on this website) don’t agree with someone’s view point you call them names and neg them.   Which is fine but I would think it would be boring yelling inside this echo chamber  all the time. 

playing the game I assume you are a Texas grad but  that really doesn’t matter either way to me. 

1 hour ago, JustBecause said:

I’ll play your game.  Yes I have a BS and MS in Engineering from Texas.  Your pithy comments aside I notice that if you (Including all your cohorts on this website) don’t agree with someone’s view point you call them names and neg them.   Which is fine but I would think it would be boring yelling inside this echo chamber  all the time. 

playing the game I assume you are a Texas grad but  that really doesn’t matter either way to me. 

Good for you.  Obviously very smart.  

Now apply those brains to go and pick up any scholarly writings on “treason, bribery, high crimes and misdemeanors”and see if a violation of a criminal statute (hint — those were passed after they wrote that in the constitution) is needed. 

have the fortitude to say “I’m smarter than hannity. I don’t need him to tell me what is true.  I can learn it myself.”

2 hours ago, JustBecause said:

You’re a fucking imbecile. What I said is indisputable. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, JustBecause said:

Actually it's not. Every other lawyer here except for one will agree with me. The one who will disagree with me will be lying to troll the rest of us, because that's the kind of person he is.

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Coming to the CR and shouting "indisputable!!" is about the dictionary definition of troll.

Bitch, don't you know "disputable" is what we DO up in here?

"Indisputable" is subject to the following ironclad rule: it applies only to the statement "OU sucks."  Anything and everything else can and will be disputed.  See, e.g, threads in which people are read to go to war over whether okra is a necessary ingredient in gumbo.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

...threads in which people are read to go to war over whether okra is a necessary ingredient in gumbo.

Having been born and lived nearly the entirety of my life north of the Mason Dixon line, I don’t really get a say in it. But I can only assume the ones on the side of okra are the asshats. 

3 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Good for you.  Obviously very smart.  

Now apply those brains to go and pick up any scholarly writings on “treason, bribery, high crimes and misdemeanors”and see if a violation of a criminal statute (hint — those were passed after they wrote that in the constitution) is needed. 

have the fortitude to say “I’m smarter than hannity. I don’t need him to tell me what is true.  I can learn it myself.”

Stop giving them this out. He violated the fucking law. It is a crime to ask for foreign interference in an election. He has committed a multiple crimes as well as violating his oath of office. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

"Indisputable" is subject to the following ironclad rule: it applies only to the statement "OU sucks."  Anything and everything else can and will be disputed.  See, e.g, threads in which people are read to go to war over whether okra is a necessary ingredient in gumbo.

Actually it is indisputable that the president broke the law and committed a crime.

52 USC 30121

• Like 1

Mike Leach has always been trash but YAR PIRATE AND HE HATES AGGY AND CALLS PLAYERS GIRLFRIENDS FAT so surly/shaggy has a hardon for this dude 

I've never understood it. The surly fanboi thing is dumb as hell from a pure football perspective, let alone the rest.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Stop giving them this out. He violated the fucking law. It is a crime to ask for foreign interference in an election. He has committed a multiple crimes as well as violating his oath of office. 

The GAO also said it was illegal to withhold the aid.   So there’s that, too.  But that’s just illegal, not a crime!

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I've never understood it. The surly fanboi thing is dumb as hell from a pure football perspective, let alone the rest.

He's an erratic nutbar who says a lot of funny and random shit.

Don't overthink it.  We also admire a whole lotta women who would probably be hell-on-earth to actually spend any time with.  It's the internet, man -- it's a very, very shallow place.

On 2/7/2020 at 12:47 PM, JustBecause said:

When did you have your accident?

On 2/7/2020 at 5:42 PM, heso said:

Having been born and lived nearly the entirety of my life north of the Mason Dixon line, I don’t really get a say in it. But I can only assume the ones on the side of okra are the asshats. 

I do not like okra.  Its slimy and disgusting.  That being said, okra is a required ingredient in gumbo, and I love gumbo even though I have to deal with the slimy nastiness that is okra when I have it.  It would be an abomination not to put okra in gumbo. It is the anti-okra folks who are the asshats in this situation.

10 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I do not like okra.  Its slimy and disgusting.  That being said, okra is a required ingredient in gumbo, and I love gumbo even though I have to deal with the slimy nastiness that is okra when I have it.  It would be an abomination not to put okra in gumbo. It is the anti-okra folks who are the asshats in this situation.

negged-gif-6.gif

• Like 2

You know what else is required? An apostrophe when you use it’s that way.

Your take is bad and you should feel bad.

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2020 at 7:18 AM, immamac said:

What if Romney's neice puts Romney on the primary ballots? I'm pretty sure every Republican who's not vocal about a vote for Trump (most of them) would easily vote for Romney against this garbage Democrat field.

No they wouldn't. Trump's approval rating among Republicans is still 90 plus percent. The party has capitulated to him and molded its platform, operations, etc. to him. The sorting has already been done. The non believers have mostly been pushed out. At this point, someone openly identifying as a Republican is essentially a lock to vote for Trump.

I don't know what particularly about the last few days, other than the Senate "trial", but holy fucking shit...distant friends and associates who couldn't name their own U.S. GOP Congressman are suddenly lecturing us on the ins and outs of Republican politics.  Trump lap dogs who could barely spell GOP last week are now the nation's foremost experts on the minutiae of it all?  They've never met with any statewide or federal official or had anything remotely close to their hands on policy formation, but I have to listen to them and their wife talk about I don't know what's what anymore in the U.S./Texas political landscape.  This country had adult children before Trump and we'll have them long after.  

Yes, he disrupted the party for worse.  Yes, he turned a lot of politics on its head.  But he'll be gone soon enough.  Our worry is what to do with the 30mm or so of you that will be ministers without portfolio after he's done and gone.  

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't know what particularly about the last few days, other than the Senate "trial", but holy fucking shit...distant friends and associates who couldn't name their own U.S. GOP Congressman are suddenly lecturing us on the ins and outs of Republican politics.  Trump lap dogs who could barely spell GOP last week are now the nation's foremost experts on the minutiae of it all?  They've never met with any statewide or federal official or had anything remotely close to their hands on policy formation, but I have to listen to them and their wife talk about I don't know what's what anymore in the U.S./Texas political landscape.  This country had adult children before Trump and we'll have them long after.  

Yes, he disrupted the party for worse.  Yes, he turned a lot of politics on its head.  But he'll be gone soon enough.  Our worry is what to do with the 30mm or so of you that will be ministers without portfolio after he's done and gone.  

If it’s any consolation, and I'm afraid it won’t be, I’ve taken to bringing along plates of home-baked cookies, nut breads, brownies, etc when I meet up with folks. It’s considered rude to speak with one’s mouth full and the lagniappe usually deters much ill-willed political discussion. YMMV. 

On 2/7/2020 at 6:00 PM, gmr548 said:

Leach has publicly taken a shit on aggy mythology on several occasions. How could anyone from here not be a fan?

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult