The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

19 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

GOP has been boycotting intelligence for decades. Palin and Quayle out front should have told ya.

i'll have you know quayle had far more experience than many others that sought the office of vice president of this country. he had as much experience in the congress as Jack Kennedy did when he sought the presidency.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i'll have you know quayle had far more experience than many others that sought the office of vice president of this country. he had as much experience in the congress as Jack Kennedy did when he sought the presidency.

He was still too dumb to spell potato. A moron with experience is still a moron. 

• Haha 1

He didn’t say the GOP boycotts experience, he said they boycott intelligence.

Dan Quayle was an empty headed empty suit.

Experience doesn’t make anyone intelligent. We have enough lifers in the House and Senate to prove that 60 times over.

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

(i thought quoting literally the most famous exchange in vp debate history would have been recognized, but i was wrong)

Sorry I was late.

I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Dan Quayle was no Jack Kennedy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well, maybe we would have gone with it if it fit the premise.

And Quayle’s talking points about his experience weren’t the famous part, Lloyd Bentsen’s retort was.

lulz

You missed the obvious reference. Not a big deal, but it will probably become one if you keep being defensive.

24 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

(i thought quoting literally the most famous exchange in vp debate history would have been recognized, but i was wrong)

I got the Jack Kennedy reference. I'm not seeing why the post didn't warrant a response. Quayle is a fucking moron just like Dubya and Palin and Pence. 

On 7/5/2020 at 11:44 AM, Ted Lange said:

Time to merge the Batshit Crazy QAnon thread, with this one.   The GQP

This is funny because it's true. The inmates are running the asylum in the GOP. A few years ago Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio were warning the party that Trump would reshape the party into an insane asylum. Now those guys are actively participating in the insanity.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I picked up on the not so subtle reference. Others tend to be a little salty, never mind them.

56 minutes ago, F250 said:

This is funny because it's true. The inmates are running the asylum in the GOP. A few years ago Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio were warning the party that Trump would reshape the party into an insane asylum. Now those guys are actively participating in the insanity.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. They have no fixed principles. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, horn4life said:

The good news is you can now just laugh as heartily as you want, every fucking time you hear the word "principle" or "fact"  come out of a Republican's mouth....

George Will nailed it when he called them Vichyite collaborators. No principles or sense of honor at all.

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Given Trump's stance on confederate flags and given a percentage of his supporters, should GOP candidates be asked whether they support the Union or Confederate side?  Until recently I think that would have been a stupid question. Not sure now.

it's an easy dodge by a bunch of guys that do nothing but easy dodges. you'll hear the same thing you've heard a thousand times 'i support acknowledging our history the leftist mob wants to erase etc etc' 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 8:50 PM, Pancho said:

So are republicans using the phrase “Democrat Party” as some sort of code or something?  McCarthy used it today press briefing. 

Sounds uneducated. 

Super late on this, but as others noted it's been done for a few decades now.  My understanding is they think shortening it to Democrat is a hilarious joke that undermines the party.  A canary in the coal mine of the idiocracy to which the party would eventually descend.  The Limbaughing of the GOP, if you will.

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Super late on this, but as others noted it's been done for a few decades now.  My understanding is they think shortening it to Democrat is a hilarious joke that undermines the party.  A canary in the coal mine of the idiocracy to which the party would eventually descend.  The Limbaughing of the GOP, if you will.

This. 

If things continue to trend in this direction there will be a Qanon caucus in Congress. The Republican's Frankenstein monster is waking up.

One Republican strategist who has been advising campaigns this cycle told The Hill that the establishment's silence on the matter is wise: "Why draw attention to something that will probably fly over most people's heads?"

View suggested that the establishment is holding back now because "they don't want to alienate voters who subscribe to QAnon beliefs, but they're also cognizant of how deranged QAnon is."

However, if candidates who back QAnon continue to win Republican races, that silence may no longer be tenable, according to Carusone.

"The sheer volume of political figures within the party that are embracing the QAnon conspiracy to me signifies that ... this is going to be a strain of their party that they're going to have to deal with for a while," he said. "There's a pretty big collision point down the road."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/505745-qanon-scores-wins-creating-gop-problem

If things continue to trend in this direction there will be a Qanon caucus in Congress. The Republican's Frankenstein monster is waking up.

One Republican strategist who has been advising campaigns this cycle told The Hill that the establishment's silence on the matter is wise: "Why draw attention to something that will probably fly over most people's heads?"
View suggested that the establishment is holding back now because "they don't want to alienate voters who subscribe to QAnon beliefs, but they're also cognizant of how deranged QAnon is."
However, if candidates who back QAnon continue to win Republican races, that silence may no longer be tenable, according to Carusone.
"The sheer volume of political figures within the party that are embracing the QAnon conspiracy to me signifies that ... this is going to be a strain of their party that they're going to have to deal with for a while," he said. "There's a pretty big collision point down the road."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/505745-qanon-scores-wins-creating-gop-problem

There is a Qanon caucus: the GOP. They’ve crossed the Rubicon. There’s no going back.
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Corona for thee but not for me

On one hand, I'm annoyed because these people will prolong this pandemic in this country by spreading it to others, but on the other hand, I'm rooting for the virus to take them out.  

On the one hand, it's the right thing to do.  On the other hand, there is no better way to get them to understand how serious this is than to get hundreds of them seriously ill for ignoring the rules.  They aren't going to believe it when someone rational tells them this is serious, but they'll believe it if one of their fellow idiots tells them.  For this reason, I'm fully in favor of spreading COVID-19 far and wide to the idiots, so they can tell each other it's not a hoax, and they need to take it seriously.

• Like 2

“I am the mayor of every single person in this city," Turner said. "And if you're not willing to step up and do the right thing, I am not going to divorce my responsibility and my job. We shut down the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, and this event is no greater and no better."

Tex Repubs claiming constitutional rights !!!! 

• Like 2

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult