The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Can someone anyone please explain to me how kneeling is a sign of disrespect? I Just don’t get it. 

It’s my understanding that Colin Kaepernick was planning to sit during the anthem until our own longhorn green beret football walk on Trey Gowdy convinced him to kneel instead. 

The whole controversy is made up snowflake victim Republican bullshit. 

well you see, the flag only represents the military, not the rest of the american experience, and since active duty must stand for the anthem, everyone else needs to as well.  because we have to genuflect to the military.  but don't actually do that, because that's too close to kneeling.

1 hour ago, plimon said:

Pretty good opinion piece. Nothing new, but worth repeating.

I Hope This Is Not Another Lie About the Republican Party https://nyti.ms/2DawxRf

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Good article. Good closing. 

This election should signal a day of reckoning for the party and all who claim it as a political identity. Will it? I’ve given up hope that there are any lines of decency or normalcy that once crossed would move Republican leaders to act as if they took their oath of office more seriously than their allegiance to party. Only fear will motivate the party to change — the cold fear only defeat can bring.

That defeat is looming. Will it bring desperately needed change to the Republican Party? I’d like to say I’m hopeful. But that would be a lie and there have been too many lies for too long.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/1/2020 at 3:06 PM, JimmyJames said:

Yeah not sure how I got to that one. Nate Boyer obviously. Serious brain fart on my part there or maybe it was auto correct. Yeah that must have been it. 

Seriously, man?  Boyer is built like a tank and one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

Trey Gowdy looks like Mr. Mackey from South Park took off his glasses and is now recovering from chemotherapy.  And is probably one of the meanest people I've never met.

Keith Nielsen has started his tenure as Harris County GOP chairman, despite saying he would not go through with it earlier in the summer. After the George Floyd murder by cops, he posted a picture of a MLK Jr quote with a banana in the background.

image.thumb.jpeg.6e8b10d82e9db23655b935332e25d86a.jpeg

Now on his first day, 120 precinct chairs are reminding him that he said he would decline the office.

spacer.png

I do not believe Allen West has commented. LT Gov Dan Patrick has been pretty vocal about needing to step down. Kevin Brady called him a bigot whose words mean nothing and then reminded everyone that the Republican Party is the party of Lincoln. 

32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Being labeled a racist is a badge of honor in the Republican Party 

Its the Trail Hiking Badge of the Boy Scouts of MAGA.  It's sort of the first one everyone gets, and frankly the central office doesn't really even check your bona fides.  they just assume you showing up means you meet the requirements.

Edited by BehoId, The Underminer!
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/3/2020 at 9:01 PM, tchookem said:
On 8/3/2020 at 1:30 PM, 4th&Five said:

Most current Republicans aren't smart enough to know who Eisenhower was, much less that he was a Republican.

Eisenhower was the last good republican, and he tried to warn us in part about the direction the party was going. Apparently he failed. Even he probably couldn’t see what all was eventually to come.

Formerly a New York and New England thing, the modern republicans started with the nihilism of Nixon and Southern California in the 60s, culminating with Reagan. Unless you’ve lived there it’s difficult to completely appreciate that attitude, but the Big Lebowski did a pretty good job of it.  Basically every man for himself. 

Then things moved more toward DFW specifically Bid D. After all what two regions benefited more from the expansion of the US military than SoCal and DFW? More support of the evangelicals and their apocalyptic vision. Those two visions merged into what the republicans are today. 

The Southern strategy led inevitably to the South and guys like Newt taking over. They perfected what the party is today, which is simply a nihilistic, white supremacy, fear, hatred, and oppression of others who would oppose those who they believe seek to overturning what they believe America is all about. 

This almost inevitably led to trump. And here we are. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

Yeah, there's maybe a dozen officers on the planet that have completed those 5 Army schools.  and he completed the Iditarod Dog race?  

His wife is Chinese and a Harvard trained OBGYN.  He has supported numerous sensible gun laws (much to the chagrin of his party).  

This guy could have an extremely bright future in politics if he can change the fact that yeah, he does look and act a lot like Jared Kushner.  

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This chick will have multiple job offers in the next few days. 

What's wild is how everything they believe is literally the opposite of what's happening.  It's not just slightly off or misunderstood.  It's 180 degrees from the truth.

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This chick will have multiple job offers in the next few days. 

LOL..... Besides getting most of the history and rise of Nazi Germany wrong, she's dead on!  Seems like a fine future Liberty incoming freshman.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

LOL..... Besides getting most of the history and rise of Nazi Germany wrong, she's dead on!  Seems like a fine future Liberty incoming freshman.

She does know how to count on her fingers, that's a quality applicant right there.

Better link:

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
She also has a YouTube channel. Her hair is a little lighter now, probably realized that the GOP prefers the blonde Nordic look. Here is a Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/TheSavvyTruth/videos/923431541508628/

5 Texas lawmakers sue state over $295 million coronavirus contact-tracing contract

Abbot awarded a 295 million dollar contract to a company that lied about its resume and has done jack shit in terms of contact tracing. Now he’s being sued and is still dismissive.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200805/5-texas-lawmakers-sue-state-over-295-million-coronavirus-contact-tracing-contract

Fuck me, what a cruel, stupid group of people:

Amid staggering job losses in March and April, Florida's unemployment system was the slowest in the country to process claims. Residents described nightmarish experiences as they tried to get benefits. By April 20, just 6% of Floridians who had applied for unemployment benefits had received a check. 

Gov. Ron DeSantis says that result was by design.

"Having studied how [the unemployment system] was internally constructed, I think the goal was for whoever designed, it was, 'Let's put as many kind of pointless roadblocks along the way, so people just say, oh, the hell with it, I'm not going to do that,'" DeSantis told a Miami CBS affiliate this week.

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Fuck me, what a cruel, stupid group of people:

Amid staggering job losses in March and April, Florida's unemployment system was the slowest in the country to process claims. Residents described nightmarish experiences as they tried to get benefits. By April 20, just 6% of Floridians who had applied for unemployment benefits had received a check. 

"Having studied how [the unemployment system] was internally constructed, I think the goal was for whoever designed, it was, 'Let's put as many kind of pointless roadblocks along the way, so people just say, oh, the hell with it, I'm not going to do that,'" DeSantis told a Miami CBS affiliate this week.

Karma is eventually going to punch this fucker in the mouth.

Hmmmm, Harvard and Harvard Law and you come up with this Mr. Cotton? Always a victim, those conservative white males. I may be wrong, but I believe this allows speakers such as Richard Spencer (who caused a ruckus across campuses a couple of years ago) to sue a university/school if the school enforces free-speech zones.

4 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

should consult with dell customer service

Edited by elfenix

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult