The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

16 hours ago, mdmost said:

You ever notice that pretty much all the Trump "celebrities" haven't been big since the 80s or 90s? James Woods, Scott Baio, the spare Baldwin, Ted Nugent, Kristie Swanson. 

I am sure some of them are die hard Trump supporters but it seems a few are just desperate to jump on the relevant train.

The funniest part is when they claim to be ostracized by Hollywood for it. It doesn't occur to them they are just washed up and were never that talented.

Poll on 2024 race:

Pretty early, but right now Republicans prefer:

1. Pence 31%
  2. Fredo Trump 17%
  3. Haley 11%
  4. Romney 9%
  5. Cruz 8%
  6. Fucker Carlson 7%
  7. Rubio 5%
  8. Paul Ryan 4%
  9. Princess Trump/ Pompeo 3%

Among all respondents, regardless of political party affiliation, the poll found 30 percent said Romney would be their first choice, while 18 percent said Pence and 9 percent said Haley.

Romney look like the only one with any appeal right now to independents or Democrats.

1 hour ago, Jhawkmvp said:

Poll on 2024 race:

Pretty early, but right now Republicans prefer:

1. Pence 31%
  2. Fredo Trump 17%
  3. Haley 11%
  4. Romney 9%
  5. Cruz 8%
  6. Fucker Carlson 7%
  7. Rubio 5%
  8. Paul Ryan 4%
  9. Princess Trump/ Pompeo 3%

Romney look like the only one with any appeal right now to independents or Democrats.

So 17% of Republicans think Don Jr. would be the best choice to be President of the United States in 2024.  Think about that for a minute.  They might as well let Kid Rock be president at this point.  Hell, one of the muppets from Fraggle Rock would be better than Junior.  Thanks Obama.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seriously, as an admitted Trump voter in 2016 who has fallen on the sword and vowed to not vote for another republican who has either enabled or at one point supported Trump, that list is a who's who of week old dog crap decomposing in the back yard. It makes my vow to not support the republican party very easy.

Bring on the next big blue wave.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

So 17% of Republicans think Don Jr. would be the best choice to be President of the United States in 2024.  Think about that for a minute.  They might as well let Kid Rock be president at this point.  Hell, one of the muppets from Fraggle Rock would be better than Junior.  Thanks Obama.

Wait...is Fraggle Rock an option? Cuz I’ll take that trade straight up, right now.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Seriously, as an admitted Trump voter in 2016 who has fallen on the sword and vowed to not vote for another republican who has either enabled or at one point supported Trump, that list is a who's who of week old dog crap decomposing in the back yard. It makes my vow to not support the republican party very easy.

Bring on the next big blue wave.

I was kind of meh about voting for Dole, and actually campaigned for W in 2000, but just took a look at the 1992 GOP candidates, and....

Order based on votes

1. George H W Bush
  2. Pat Buchanan
  3. David Duke
  4. Pat Paulsen 

Ben Sasse wants to bring back one of the most corrupt things the constitution used to allow:

"
Senator Ben Sasse (R., Neb.) called to repeal the 17th Amendment on Tuesday, which would eliminate the requirement that U.S. senators be elected by popular votes.

In a Wall Street Journal op-ed titled “Make the Senate Great Again,” Sasse called for an end to the amendment, among other changes to the Senate “aimed at promoting debate, not ending it.”
"

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ben-sasse-calls-for-repealing-17th-amendment-eliminating-popular-vote-senate-elections/

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Ben Sasse wants to bring back one of the most corrupt things the constitution used to allow:

"
Senator Ben Sasse (R., Neb.) called to repeal the 17th Amendment on Tuesday, which would eliminate the requirement that U.S. senators be elected by popular votes.

In a Wall Street Journal op-ed titled “Make the Senate Great Again,” Sasse called for an end to the amendment, among other changes to the Senate “aimed at promoting debate, not ending it.”
"

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ben-sasse-calls-for-repealing-17th-amendment-eliminating-popular-vote-senate-elections/

There was a discussion about this a few days/weeks ago somewhere in CR.  I never got any real reason as to why this was a good idea.

21 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What's wrong with them is they are members of a cult. You cannot reason with them because if they had the ability to do so they wouldn't be in a cult. Warren is an amazingly good human being who genuinely wants to do the right thing. I cannot wait for her to be unleashed next January on American corporations and our wealthiest citizens that raked in gigantic profits and personal wealth increases in the midst of the worst pandemic the world has seen in a century.

As an aside, when I was in DC in early June protesting for the first time I was leaving the Lincoln Memorial where my first protest march ended. I was walking on a path and a couple walks by with their dog. I am certain it was her and while I wanted to say hi and tell her thank you for doing her best to help all of us I just walked by and left her alone. I am sure she gets people coming up to her regularly when she is out and about. When I walked past to go back to my hotel she was discussing something with her husband that Trump said that came up on her phone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

"

"

Abolish the Senate sounds better.  

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It wouldn’t be discussed by Republicans if they didn’t feel they needed it to hold on.  

The advantage I'd see in it for them would be their willingness to make overwhelmingly gerrymandered state-level districts so that their state representatives would be in charge of electing a US Senator instead of the general electorate.

On September 10, 2020 at 12:53 PM, UpperWestside said:

What's wrong with them is they are members of a cult. You cannot reason with them because if they had the ability to do so they wouldn't be in a cult. Warren is an amazingly good human being who genuinely wants to do the right thing. I cannot wait for her to be unleashed next January on American corporations and our wealthiest citizens that raked in gigantic profits and personal wealth increases in the midst of the worst pandemic the world has seen in a century.

As an aside, when I was in DC in early June protesting for the first time I was leaving the Lincoln Memorial where my first protest march ended. I was walking on a path and a couple walks by with their dog. I am certain it was her and while I wanted to say hi and tell her thank you for doing her best to help all of us I just walked by and left her alone. I am sure she gets people coming up to her regularly when she is out and about. When I walked past to go back to my hotel she was discussing something with her husband that Trump said that came up on her phone. 

You should've taken a selfie with her. You know she wouldn't have turned you down. 

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Sweet fucking god.  Ronna McDaniel was just on Meet the Press and I could only take about a minute of her just completely gaslighting and inventing an alternate reality.  These people are unwell.

That was a beating. I like this bizarre dotard defense, "no I don't think he should have started screaming that we're all going to die". Yeah exactly zero people have suggested that he should have done that. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

That was a beating. I like this bizarre dotard defense, "no I don't think he should have started screaming that we're all going to die". Yeah exactly zero people have suggested that he should have done that. 

I think it's a combo of binary thinking and trying to defend dear leader from blame.  "He did the best he could!  Would you rather have had him come out and tell everyone they were going to die?!?!"  No, morons.  There is a middle ground.

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Sweet fucking god.  Ronna McDaniel was just on Meet the Press and I could only take about a minute of her just completely gaslighting and inventing an alternate reality.  These people are unwell.

Saw that. She's a fat disgusting lying cunt. Hey Ronna, one Sarah Huckabeef is enough. We don't need another one. 

It's surreal. 

In the last 100 years the American economy has collapsed three times in 1929, 2008 and 2020. Usually the republicans need to be in power for 2 terms to collapse the economy, but trump managed to pull it off in his first term with his both bonehead and evil response to the virus. 

The Republican Party is the virus. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I turned off the TV and put on relaxing music after her BS. No way I was letting her ruin my Sunday.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You should've taken a selfie with her. You know she wouldn't have turned you down. 

It would’ve been cool I think. Most of the time if I see someone like her I just let them be. The only time I have made an exception recently was the March on Washington when I decided to briefly meet Congresswoman Ilhan Omar and take a selfie with her. She was standing 3 or 4 feet from me on the platform near the speakers so I asked and she was kind and obliged. She did the same for several others who recognized her.

• Like 1

South Dakota Attorney General was at a fundraiser hosted at a bar and grill from 5-830 on Saturday. He reported he hit a “deer” around 10:30. A man’s body was found the next morning.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/dps-attorney-general-reported-hitting-a-deer-but-mans-body-discovered-the-next-morning/article_d30c1f03-6e69-577d-9b0c-08106a963b60.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

53 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

South Dakota Attorney General was at a fundraiser hosted at a bar and grill from 5-830 on Saturday. He reported he hit a “deer” around 10:30. A man’s body was found the next morning.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/dps-attorney-general-reported-hitting-a-deer-but-mans-body-discovered-the-next-morning/article_d30c1f03-6e69-577d-9b0c-08106a963b60.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Starfuckers?

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult