The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Ohio state GOP rep tries to charge GOP governor with terrorism:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/28/ohio-lawmaker-rep-john-becker-tries-charge-republican-gov-mike-dewine-crimes-covid-19/3564770001/

After failing to impeach Gov. Mike DeWine over his COVID-19 response, Clermont County Republican Rep. John Becker tried – and shortly after failed – to charge him with a slew of criminal offenses, including terrorism, bribery and interfering with civil rights. 

Becker accused DeWine of disenfranchising voters, threatening the health of Ohioans by closing hospitals to non-emergency procedures and shuttering businesses in a private citizen affidavit filed with Clermont County Municipal Court on Monday morning.

Clermont County Municipal Court Clerk Tim Rudd sent the request to prosecutor Vince Faris for review, and Faris rejected it shortly after.

"I do not find any basis for the filing of a criminal complaint pursuant to this affidavit," Faris, a Republican, told The Enquirer. Becker's quest ended just hours after it started

The now-moot affidavit accuses DeWine of several crimes including:

Engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, a second-degree felony

Complicity, a second-degree felony

Terrorism, a third-degree felony

Making terroristic threats, a third-degree felony

Inducing panic, third-degree felony

Conspiracy, a third-degree felony

Bribery, a fourth-degree felony

Interfering with civil rights, a first-degree misdemeanor

Coercion, a second-degree misdemeanor

Patient abuse or neglect, a second-degree misdemeanor

I really hate Mike DeWine. I've hated him for years. But for the most part he's handled the pandemic pretty well because he let the medical professionals call the shots. He deserves credit for that. 

Of course his party is turning on him. It's amazing how the GOP keeps going deeper and deeper into the shithole and making the last shitty Republican look better by being an even more shitty Republican.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I really hate Mike DeWine. I've hated him for years. But for the most part he's handled the pandemic pretty well because he let the medical professionals call the shots. He deserves credit for that. 

Of course his party is turning on him. It's amazing how the GOP keeps going deeper and deeper into the shithole and making the last shitty Republican look better by being an even more shitty Republican.

He shouldn't have sacrificed Dr. Acton at the altar of the ultra strident... seems the State's plan went sideways afterwards.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 7:02 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

The GOP will, imo, keep going deeper and deeper into that shithole as long as the voters don't hold them accountable.

We know that the "base" will never do that. So it's up to the rest of us.

So... vote. 

Vote. 

Vote. 

Vote. 

It all comes down to that. All the rest is just noise.

The GOP will, imo, keep going deeper and deeper into that shithole as long as the voters don't hold them accountable.
We know that the "base" will never do that. So it's up to the rest of us.
So... vote. 
Vote. 
Vote. 
Vote. 
It all comes down to that. All the rest is just noise.

I found the stat that 25% of 2020 Georgia voters had not voted in 2016 interesting. A 25% increase does not strike me as the actions of voters happy with the status quo

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Where were Nunes and Jordan?

In the fucking Capitol Gym.  Do you even  lift, bro?  

Edited by Lobo

https://www.axios.com/trump-stand-by-proud-boys-tim-scott-debate-ff2f9df6-d292-4f5d-b437-0c1e29bc733c.html

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) told reporters on Wednesday that he believes President Trump "misspoke" when he told the far-right "Proud Boys" group to "stand back and stand by" in response to a question about condemning white supremacy at the first presidential debate.

"I think he misspoke in response to Chris Wallace's comment. He was asking Chris what he wanted [him] to say, I think he misspoke. I think he should correct it. If he doesn't correct it, I guess he didn't misspeak," Scott said.

8 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Tim Scott has to have a tough job.  He doesn’t seem like an empty vessel like Cain.  How does he mentally handle the racial shit?

Because he’s an empty vessel. That’s why he didn’t immediately condemn what happened yesterday 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Tim Scott has to have a tough job.  He doesn’t seem like an empty vessel like Cain.  How does he mentally handle the racial shit?

Straight cash homie.  He just doesn't give a shit about anything but the power and wealth he can obtain by being the Republicans' token black friend.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

It's gotta be tough to have a spine..... Maybe he shouldn't be such a cum drinking bootlicker.  He equivocates on every issue because deep down, he loathes what he's become.... 

I know Rex Kramer won't believe it, but I once wandered around the Chelsea after a MavPAC conference with Senator Tim Scott in June of last year looking for a good pizza joint after I got hammered at the open bar.  And he was a helluva nice guy, as were the ambassadors of the Chelsea who found it odd there was no great pizza to be had in this one particular slice of Manhattan.  

6 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Wrong.

They won’t throw grandma over a cliff.

They’ll just let her get COVID and die because the economy is angry and demands sacrifice.

Yeah, throwing her off a cliff would be more humane than what they’re actually doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wisconsin Republicans gave the parents of the kid who traveled to another state, illegally procured an AR-15, and has been charged with murdering two unarmed protesters a standing ovation.
575889537_MichelleMalkinstandingovation.thumb.jpg.416cbf7661db93c8d28e483411fed83c.jpg

Imagine your son driving into a neighboring state to shoot up a protest and then immediately going to lap up attwntion/praise from some shitty little county GOP.

21 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
On 9/25/2020 at 4:50 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:
Wisconsin Republicans gave the parents of the kid who traveled to another state, illegally procured an AR-15, and has been charged with murdering two unarmed protesters a standing ovation.
575889537_MichelleMalkinstandingovation.thumb.jpg.416cbf7661db93c8d28e483411fed83c.jpg

Imagine your son driving into a neighboring state to shoot up a protest and then immediately going to lap up attwntion/praise from some shitty little county GOP.

republicans support terrorists?  Shocking I say

Putting this here for the way guy finished the story.....True Story, happened minutes ago

Pulled up to bar to meet friends.

Was greeted by a white Male at my car.

Said he was from texarkana and needed ride to downtown ft. Worth, will pay 10$.

I said sure why not its 3 minutes.

In the car speaks Spanish to me, says his white Spanish family taught him...Not the Aztecs.

Then goes on rant about how Aztecs sacrificed kids then the Christian European Spaniards came and said that was wrong. Then he told me all about how the Africans sold their own into slavery. Whole time I'm just biting my tongue wondering if this crazy guy will fight me if I interject.

Drop him off and say good luck getting back the greyhound is right there. Then he says I'm good, I'm just trying to get people to be more Republican rather than Democrat.....

This is 40% of country????

So angry right now....

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult