The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

+In 2012, some democratic spokesperson no one had ever heard of said something about Romney's wife never worked a day in her life and people had never since she raised like 15 kids.  Then Romney said some shit about binders full of women and we just couldn't believe he would ever say such a thing.  Now, some convention speaker shot someone in the gut and it's not even page 20 news.  In 3 years, I'll be in a fucking gulag, weighing 110 lbs.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is a low rent C List reality show now, isn’t it?

The mentally insane patriarch.

Drugged out son with a girlfriend who speaks so loudly everyone knows their business. 

The daughter and son-in-law who meddle in all things with an exaggerated sense of importance. 

The wife no one ever sees unless she’s ‘decorating’ something but obviously doesn’t want to be around. 

The son trying to fit in and hangs around briefings but can’t quite blend. 

Various hangers on who come and go depending upon their court dates/bail. 

But behind the scenes, there are some very cold blooded evil producers who are getting exactly what they want from this show. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

SIAP. By the end of August, the Trump campaign and RNC had raised $1.3B with $236M on hand. Where has the $1.1B been spent over the last 4 years?  link

I doubt the RNC will want a full accounting but the 2020 election may have been one of the largest grifts in history. All we hear is that Trump and related groups are running short on money. Has the money all been funneled to the Trump Org and friends?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

She was introduced as Amy Ford at the RNC.   

Hmmm ....

Who are you to judge her orientation and lifestyle?

Seriously, I had a ex-girlfriend with one helluva temper - we were bowling at Highland Lanes one time, and she got into a full-on fist fight with another woman.   She was ready to start shit with other people a few times, when drinks had been consumed.  She never once felt the need to go out to the car and grab a gun.

Amy's story is...interesting.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:49 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Arizona republicans furious with Trump for bringing them to a place in which they will forever be a minority party:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/11/republicans-democrats-arizona-blue-428535

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

9c9ed05acbfe3d0d5e492f0283c0d25d.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On October 11, 2020 at 12:08 AM, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...I think it’s pretty clear that the people who are most terrified of brown people...don’t have much chance of running across many of them in their daily lives.

There was a large influx of Mexicans into the region like 20+ years ago. My mom lives in the small city of Goshen, IN and there wasn't much of a Latino population there when I was young, growing up in a small nearby country town. Now it's 7% Latino (only 2% black). The same thing happened in Columbus. I remember remarking to friends one time, "Where did all the Mexicans come from?" It seemed there was a relatively sudden and noticeable increase in their local population. I assume Toledo experienced something similar.

But that was decades ago. Why didn't anyone freak out then? I guess because we didn't have a leader stoking their fears. And then we had 9/11 so everyone could forget about the Latinos and focus on fearing all Muslims. 

I've got a nice Mexican grocery nearby now and lots of authentic Mexican dining options. As far as I'm concerned, I think that past migration has overall had a positive impact on my life. 

• Like 1

There was a large influx of Mexicans into the region like 20+ years ago. My mom lives in the small city of Goshen, IN and there wasn't much of a Latino population there when I was young, growing up in a small nearby country town. Now it's 7% Latino (only 2% black). The same thing happened in Columbus. I remember remarking to friends one time, "Where did all the Mexicans come from?" It seemed there was a relatively sudden and noticeable increase in their local population. I assume Toledo experienced something similar.
But that was decades ago. Why didn't anyone freak out then? I guess because we didn't have a leader stoking their fears. And then we had 9/11 so everyone could forget about the Latinos and focus on fearing all Muslims. 
I've got a nice Mexican grocery nearby now and lots of authentic Mexican dining options. As far as I'm concerned, I think that past migration has overall had a positive impact on my life. 
I was born in Goshen, so this hits close to where I was born.

Our housekeeper comes from a "shit hole" country.  She brings her 6 year old over to distance learn on our wifi.  I was working the other day and overheard the teacher ask "...and why don't we leave the flag on the ground?'  He answered, "Because we don't want it to get dirty?"  "Well yes, but also because it's a sign of respect of the country you live in.  It's a symbol for all of us."  He said, "I like the colors."
It struck me that my interaction with immigrants from Hispanic countries has been almost universally positive.  Honest, hard working, and very much wanting to be "American". The kid's name is Dylan for fuck's sake, can't get more white bread suburban than that.
A few years ago I was invited to a buddy's swearing in ceremony to become a US citizen.  Most of the people in the audience were brown skinned.  The white judge handling ceremonies said something to the effect; "My great grandparents came here from Ireland with nothing.  They worked hard to provide for their children, my grandparents.  They did the same for my parents, worked hard to slowly better themselves.  And my parents did the same, and worked themselves into a position to put me in college, the first in our family.   I then went on to law school, and eventually became the judge before you now."  Dramatic pause.  "No go forward and do the same for your family."
The anti immigration white supremacist faction of this fucking party can DIAF.
Trump's supporters aren't talking about the people in that ceremony. Those are the "good ones", i.e. - they can afford to pay for the process/do it the "right way".

Even with all of the apparent anti-Hispanic rhetoric, many Hispanic men vote GOP. 

Based on what the GOP used to say it was, that’s not surprising. Hard working, strong families, decent match.

But now, knowing that the party would happily revoke your citizenship and deport you and your family given the chance...fuck that.

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

what the hell happened to this guy?

He's utterly broken.  At some point in the past few years, he came to a crossroads, between the path of sanity and integrity, or the path of drinking the koolaid of Trumpist insanity.  And he fucking chugged it.  The whole goddamned pitcher.

It's sad.  I mean that, truly.  Because I've also seen tangible proof that he KNOWS the difference between right and wrong, and how we should discuss things, and how we should treat other people.  He knows.....yet he still chose to drink the poison.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He's utterly broken.  At some point in the past few years, he came to a crossroads, between the path of sanity and integrity, or the path of drinking the koolaid of Trumpist insanity.  And he fucking chugged it.  The whole goddamned pitcher.

It's sad.  I mean that, truly.  Because I've also seen tangible proof that he KNOWS the difference between right and wrong, and how we should discuss things, and how we should treat other people.  He knows.....yet he still chose to drink the poison.

I've met him and he's actually a smart guy and seems like a good person.  Why he chose to die on this hill I can't guess.  As you said, he's smart enough to understand the science and he chose to drink the poison anyway.  I could see choosing to ideologically die on an ideological hill for noble reasons or reasons of conscience but this is choosing to die on the hill of the stupid and I don't understand why he has done so.  When I still lived in Austin about  5 years ago he was warning that Trump would be the death of the party and so forth.

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I've met him and he's actually a smart guy and seems like a good person.  Why he chose to die on this hill I can't guess.  As you said, he's smart enough to understand the science and he chose to drink the poison anyway.  I could see choosing to ideologically die on an ideological hill for noble reasons or reasons of conscience but this is choosing to die on the hill of the stupid and I don't understand why he has done so.  When I still lived in Austin about  5 years ago he was warning that Trump would be the death of the party and so forth.

I mean, look at the guy. He's a weird looking white guy. His power is being eroded and he can't stand it. The guy already started a bit low on the pile of white people, and now he's getting passed up by some minorities, in his mind (he got passed up a long time ago). And thus ends my entirely unqualified psychological analysis of that pathetic looking little toad. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

he's a political consultant...he needs clients.

I think there's a good bit of this.

He decided to go all-in on the Flavor-aid salesman gig - not an insane decision, people do love their sugary drinks.  The problem is, now all of his customers are DEMANDING the special Flavor-aid mix "NOW FEATURING CYANIDE!"  So, to keep his gig going....he has to be excited about selling poisoned Flavor-aid.

On 10/11/2020 at 3:30 PM, Bookman said:

Yep. I don't see myself voting for a Republican any time soon. I'm 44, and had never voted for a Democrat for Senator until 2018.

Same. I voted for Beto and Collin Allred in 2018. I don't know much about MJ Hegar but I'm no fan of John Cornyn. Not totally sure whether I abstain from that one or go Hegar.

On 10/10/2020 at 10:59 PM, tchookem said:
On 10/10/2020 at 10:21 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Delaware, huh? Wife's aunt and uncle voted for Trump in 2016 a big reason was The Wall (remember The Wall? LOL). They were so worried about illegal immigrants. They live in Ohio... Toledo, Ohio.

I say we put a wall around Ohio.

Keeps the colored out, keeps whitey in. That's a win-win.

Just now, BrickHorn said:

You serious Clark? Voting in 2020 is easy. Vote for every single Democrat. Every. Single. One.

Some of y’all would have take a stand against Hitler but convinced yourself that maybe those down ballot guys Goering and Himmler aren’t all bad.

This.

Seriously, I have never voted "straight ticket" in my life....never....until 2018 and now.  I can't rule out the possibility that in some race, it's a Dem who is absolutely slime, evil, etc., and somehow got on the ballot in some race.  Even then, the answer is to either leave that race blank or vote third party.  But on this Texas ballot in 2020, I'm not aware of any Dem candidate who fails to clear that low, low bar.

The GOP is literally the party of Trump, and only Trump.  Don't ask me, ask them -- when they had a chance to create a platform, and to say what they stand for, they chose to say (effectively) -- for the first time in US history -- "whatever that guy, Trump, says."  A vote for a GOP candidate is support and encouragement to the party of Trump and the cult of Trumpism.  Don't do it.  In any race.

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

Seriously, I have never voted "straight ticket" in my life....never....until 2018 and now.  I can't rule out the possibility that in some race, it's a Dem who is absolutely slime, evil, etc., and somehow got on the ballot in some race.  Even then, the answer is to either leave that race blank or vote third party.  But on this Texas ballot in 2020, I'm not aware of any Dem candidate who fails to clear that low, low bar.

The GOP is literally the party of Trump, and only Trump.  Don't ask me, ask them -- when they had a chance to create a platform, and to say what they stand for, they chose to say (effectively) -- for the first time in US history -- "whatever that guy, Trump, says."  A vote for a GOP candidate is support and encouragement to the party of Trump and the cult of Trumpism.  Don't do it.  In any race.

Don’t vote for Madeleine Connor for district judge. She’s a Republican who won the democratic primary against Sulak only because she’s a woman and the incumbent is a man. You can’t really vote for anyone else unless you write someone in so either don’t vote for her or write in. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Don’t vote for Madeleine Connor for district judge. She’s a Republican who won the democratic primary against Sulak only because she’s a woman and the incumbent is a man. You can’t really vote for anyone else unless you write someone in so either don’t vote for her or write in. 

Well, yeah....but it's a non-issue.  She's unopposed, so she wins.  I will be leaving that race blank, but honestly, it doesn't matter at all.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Well, yeah....but it's a non-issue.  She's unopposed, so she wins.  I will be leaving that race blank, but honestly, it doesn't matter at all.

Oh I agree. I just don’t want you and others accidentally voting for a Republican whose faking it. She will win and needs to be primaried next election cycle by a woman democratic judge. 

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Same here, and I think KE and BT are right. It's career protection. But even then, it doesn't seem like the best long term play. I think he's angling to join the pundit class and trying to thread the Erick Erickson needle: Trump-skeptical-but-GOP-loyal. It doesn't seem to have gotten him very far, however because Trump is the brand now, and Erick Erickson was already famous. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Same here, and I think KE and BT are right. It's career protection. But even then, it doesn't seem like the best long term play. I think he's angling to join the pundit class and trying to thread the Erick Erickson needle: Trump-skeptical-but-GOP-loyal. It doesn't seem to have gotten him very far, however because Trump is the brand now, and Erick Erickson was already famous. 

it's not the best long term play if for no other reason than any person with a smidgeon of integrity will have to live with that regret for a long time.

but business wise, populaces are gullible and have very short memories...and that's doubly true for the consultants who willingly morph into whatever aparition they can while strategically spot telling truth to "power" (eg. the client, which at that point is just ego fluffing).

just keep the checks coming in and ignore the hypocrisy.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

it's not the best long term play if for no other reason than any person with a smidgeon of integrity will have to live with that regret for a long time.

but business wise, populaces are gullible and have very short memories...and that's doubly true for the consultants who willingly morph into whatever aparition they can while strategically spot telling truth to "power" (eg. the client, which at that point is just ego fluffing).

just keep the checks coming in and ignore the hypocrisy.

This.  He sells "hire me to help you win your race."  He'll work for Attilla the Hun, if Atilla has the cash.

2 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I don’t care if Mother Teresa was raised from the dead and ran for office as a Republican. That party will never, ever receive a single vote from me for the rest of my life. That any of y’all would seriously ever give this party a vote again under any conditions seems to be akin to a battered spouse syndrome. It won’t be different. They’ll just beat you with a golf club this time instead of their hands. This party needs to be stricken from existence for what it has done to our country as a whole. If you vote for Dotard or any member of the cult running for office this time around your voting privileges should be permanently revoked.

I had this thought yesterday.  Hopefully, I'll get to vote dozens of more times and I can't see myself voting R for anything. 

They're not going to change.  This is my line in the sand.  Fuck em

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I had this thought yesterday.  Hopefully, I'll get to vote dozens of more times and I can't see myself voting R for anything. 

They're not going to change.  This is my line in the sand.  Fuck em

Exactly.

As Republicans are fond of saying, some people are beyond rehabilitation -- the only thing to do is lock 'em in a cage and throw away the key.  That's how we should treat the GOP.  There's no rehabilitation from this.  Just toss them in the electoral cage and throw away the key.

• Like 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult