The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Former bush voter her. I will never in my life vote for a Republican, even for county dog catcher, will never in my life take their advice, and will always assume that whatever they say is a lie and we should all do the exact opposite of what a Republican says we should do. 

You should follow suit. Makes things simpler. They are truly evil. 

Same.  Not even once

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Trump Sympathizers. That needs to be the new term. Not supporters. Sympathizers. 

Disagree. Not harsh enough and somewhat vague. You and I know that 'sympathizer' would mean to be sympathetic to Trump and his POV. But when a significant part of the populace sees his POV as 'patriotism' and @Brisketexan's phrase (sorry I can't recall the order) GUN EAGLE FREEDOM ... plus victimhood, then sympathy seems more like love and caring. Because they are too dim to make the synaptic leap to what was described above. And make no mistake, some of them 'love' him just like Jim Jones.

I'm sticking with Trump Seditionists or Trump Loyalists (as in loyal to him and not the Constitution) or Trump Anti Constitutionists or Trump Terrorists. We are never to be loyal to the President. Not in that way. We've got to get the negative message to everyone that they are terrorists and against America.

To add, even the Y'all Qaida makes a joke in a way about a matter we know is serious. People seldom joke that way about BLM or the antifascist groups because: race and seen as threat. I'm torn between the way one can neutralize a bully is to make him the butt of a joke and the way one treats a threat in order to spread awareness.

Personally, I believe the time for joking has passed. The clown show has weaponry, organization, and intent. They almost succeeded. Do we want to buy tickets for the next show or get them to sit down and shut up?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Would be nice if we could pass a law turning all politically motivated attacks into federal crimes or something. I don’t know, but these people have to be stopped. 

we need to be seeing mass arrests and swift action now. every day that passes is a exponential loss of a civil society later. (which i know you know brother)

you want to be the media now? 

check out this equation for a person in the media. 

- was already harassed by the TSA

- police in general harass anyone they please 

- police sympathize with coup attempt

and there you are. at home. who you gonna call? ghostbusters?

this is going to be substantially worse than the Troubles. its engrained head to toe. HOWEVER - they acted and committed violence. they gave us a chance to act. do it before they start back on the fucking offensive (see Rubio tweet)

sorry i know we know. but every day of inaction is a loss later for a better world. it sounds terrible but thats what it is. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

The next four years will have more successful and attempted assassinations of US politicians than all of the previous 200+ years combined.

not just them. media, sports figures, anyone vocal about anything. the lid is off. they don't give AF. you act now or the death cult ramps up activities. 

3 minutes ago, staboner said:

we need to be seeing mass arrests and swift action now. every day that passes is a exponential loss of a civil society later. (which i know you know brother)

- police in general harass anyone they please 

this is going to be substantially worse than the Troubles. its engrained head to toe. HOWEVER - they acted and committed violence. they gave us a chance to act. do it before they start back on the fucking offensive (see Rubio tweet)

sorry i know we know. but every day of inaction is a loss later for a better world. it sounds terrible but thats what it is. 

Agree. We need to be on offense. Hard. 

dotard built the base and infrastructure to get this far. Not acting fast will have deadlier consequences. 

This is an “if you can keep it” moment. 

I hope the lack of statements this weekend are due to round the clock planning and organizing for immediate removal via arrest 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, staboner said:

- police in generbecaual harass anyone they please 

we can't have mass arrests because the current chief executive officer is a criminal who is in on it and actively supports the criminal conspiracy. It's as simple as that. 

• Like 1

from a messaging/branding standpoint, the GOP has co-opted the word "patriots."  Democrats need to take that word back.  all messaging should be that patriots abide by the law of the land.  believe in the Constitution.  support democracy.

MAGA does not.  they are not patriots.  they are Trump Traitors.  kinda hard to take back the word, but the Democratic party needs to work hard to be the party of patriots.  it's obscene that rioters and traitors and seditionists claim that word.

but this goes back to the DNC being terrible at Twitter/messaging.  

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

I'm a "patriot" who wants to suspend the constitution/democracy and violently implement an entirely different fascist autocracy. Because I love this country so much.

Problem is that they believe we are already in a fascist autocracy, despite being in power, and their violence is the only way to restore democracy. It’s fucking backwards, but their brains are broken. 

23 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Noooowww it's gone too far, Colin?  Now?

No kidding.

The irony is that the GOP could use somebody like him going forward.

But they are going to get Hawley, Cruz, and Lil Marco, although Hawley, and Cruz to a lesser extent, maybe done.  Turning your BMDs against you is a bad move.  Just ask Texas football coaches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Trump Sympathizers. That needs to be the new term. Not supporters. Sympathizers. 

Remember how (I mean, they still do it) these jackasses used to demand that every Muslim denounce terrorism and the Sharia over and over or otherwise insist they had no right to speak? All Republicans should be forced to denounce DJT and QAnaon (and terror, for that matter) by every journalist and interviewer. Make them say “the GOP is a party of peace.”

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

On one of the officer down sites, and some light browsing around FB show that quite a few cops are pissed.

But their unions aren't speaking out.

Meanwhile, the right-wingers/qanon/MAGA types are going full tilt on Ms. Leeroy Jenkins being killed.

Honestly, if a bunch of redneck militias show up looking to start shit with cops on the 17th or whatever, I don't think it ends well for those militias.

It'll kind of resemble this

spacer.png

Edit: and if said militias are armed like they are bragging about online, a lot of the cops are going to love that, given that it's against the law.  Cops love to take guns if you are not allowed to have them.

Edited by atomheartbevo

The GOP only wants Biden to call off the dogs because they know Trump and his cronies are so stupid and inept that they will have left an evidence trail of their being involved in what went down that will implicate a lot of GOP peeps. They could care less about the country healing or they would never have been involved in standing by, or worse, actually encouraging the division that has been happening the last few years under Trump, especially the post-election bullshit. They are worried about their their seats being in danger in the future, or of being indicted for sedition for that shit show many were involved in encouraging and planning on the 6th. Fuck all those hypocrites. If Democrats and Biden don't shove the elephant cock of justice down their throats then fuck them too.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, sadly agree with this. 

Yeah, it's accurate.  Some because they are cruel and some because they are cowards. What's that old quote from Mark Twain about fear?

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear-not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward it is not a compliment to say it is brave; it is merely a loose misapplication of the word. Consider the flea!-Incomparably the bravest of all the creatures of God, if ignorance of fear were courage. Whether you are asleep or awake he will attack you, caring nothing for the fact that in bulk and strength you are to him as are the massed armies of the earth to a sucking child; he lives both day and night and all days and nights in the very lap of peril and the immediate presence of death, and yet is no more afraid than is the man who walks the streets of a city that was threatened by an earthquake ten centuries before. When we speak of Clive, Nelson, and Putnam as men who "didn't know what fear was," we ought always to add the flea-and put him at the head of the procession.”

3 hours ago, immamac said:

The GOP can handle this on their own and cut the cancer from their ranks. Expel them from the party, and then have the remaining party members expel them from the Senate and House. If the GOP does not handle this on their own, they are all complicit and the GOP must be cut out like a cancer from our country.

Can they handle this on their own? I don't believe that. The party abandoned ideology in favor of Trump fealty long ago. Never bet a trend will end. 

The GOP already crossed the point of no return. Ironically, it is incapable of genuinely acting on behalf of "America First". Party ranks over everything else.

These are painful truths.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult