The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

I just want to send out a general "Fuck you" to any Republican who tries to whitewash what happened on the 6th or who compares it to Black Lives Matter and then turns around and quotes Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King on their twitter feed today.

"I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured." -Letter from a Birmingham Jail

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Hook 'Em 3

I just want to send out a general "Fuck you" to any Republican who tries to whitewash what happened on the 6th or who compares it to Black Lives Matter and then turns around and quotes Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King on their twitter feed today.
"I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured." -Letter from a Birmingham Jail

Know what MLK DIDN’T say? “1776! This is a revolution! Execute The Speaker and VP!”

The GOP has no moral ground on which to stand, in any respect. None. It’s just a nihilist terrorist death cult.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

At the crossroads of Desperation and Reality you meet not just the devil, but also the rather mundane archaic legal article used to bolster your followers...

Trying to stir up trouble, conservative author accuses Democratic leadership of judicial chicanery, but alas, the Readers Of The Fine Print ride to the rescue.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

At the crossroads of Desperation and Reality you meet not just the devil, but also the rather mundane archaic legal article used to bolster your followers...

Trying to stir up trouble, conservative author accuses Democratic leadership of judicial chicanery, but alas, the Readers Of The Fine Print ride to the rescue.

The rest of the replies.  Good gravy.  Social media sucks so bad.

20 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Well, there's also the problem that the entire premise of her inflammatory bullshit -- that "dems are considering this"....doesn't cite to any authority for the proposition that....and follow me here, this is important.....dems are considering this.

She just fucking made something up, said "dems are considering it," and then lazily cited to a nearly 50 year old article discussing the academic proposition of dissolving courts (and, by the way, concluding that it was pretty much impossible).

We are the stupidest country, led by the stupidest people, in the stupidest timeline of all of history.  We are a shithole country, and we deserve it.  All of it.

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

The people who buy this are the same people who are constitutional experts who never read the constitution or memo experts who never read the partial transcript of the memo.  Why are you expecting something different this time?

Oh....I'm not.  Remember, we're fucked, the Ledge, and all that.

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

The people who buy this are the same people who are constitutional experts who never read the constitution or memo experts who never read the partial transcript of the memo.  Why are you expecting something different this time?

I'm not, really. It's a timeline documenting some of the shifts. It will come in handy as we hurtle towards the midterms. These same people are not going to suddenly wake up honest and intelligent in two years time.

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

....and it’s this. I’m dead serious about a nationwide billboard campaign. For the next 2-4 years, we need billboards up on large thoroughfares etc, “Cruz: accessory to Trump’s Treason,” shit like that, for Rubio, Graham, Mitch, all of them. The GOP communication strategy proved that relentless, simple repetition works. So let’s do it. We have to 1) relentless repeat that Trump committed treason, and 2) multiple elected officials helped him do it. Gloves off. No apologies. No unity without full accountability.

100% this.  now is when the all out assault on the enablers of treason needs to really kick in to gear. 

every single R who voted against the first impeachment, who voted against certification, and/or who voted (or will vote) against the current impeachment needs to have their lives ruined.  not just their political careers ended.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

In case I haven't already said it, Peter Meijer is very impressive.  I'd vote for him. I realize that if he loses his House seat in 2022 he'll just go back to being a rich grocery store scion but, still ... he's hitting them out of the park. 

Is he? He's saying he's against the hostile takeover of our country by an autocratic madman. 

He will raise money for the GOP. He will advance causes of the GOP (as long as it's not sedition)

Pretty fucking low bar.

• Rage+1 1

Is he? He's saying he's against the hostile takeover of our country by an autocratic madman. 
He will raise money for the GOP. He will advance causes of the GOP (as long as it's not sedition)
Pretty fucking low bar.

.....that fucking TWO MOTHERFUCKING THIRDS of his house GOP colleagues couldn’t clear. Puts him in rarified air. Again, being “a Republican who doesn’t breathe life into insane conspiracy theories that led to a coup attempt” is goddamned noteworthy.

[mention]Brisketexan [/mention]
Dallas, Texas

More. Give me more. For four years. More.

While this is nice, we know he's not going to.  The Surly PAC needs to keep the powder dry until 2024, methinks.

Nope. Repetition of a simple message is important. The GOP and their information war of ignorance showed us that. People need to see “Ted Cruz: Traitor” every day. Or “Ted Cruz: Coward.” Or “Ted Cruz Lied to You.” Every. Fucking. Day.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope. Repetition of a simple message is important. The GOP and their information war of ignorance showed us that. People need to see “Ted Cruz: Traitor” every day. Or “Ted Cruz: Coward.” Or “Ted Cruz Lied to You.” Every. Fucking. Day.

ok, but I'm not a rich man.

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

.....that fucking TWO MOTHERFUCKING THIRDS of his house GOP colleagues couldn’t clear. Puts him in rarified air. Again, being “a Republican who doesn’t breathe life into insane conspiracy theories that led to a coup attempt” is goddamned noteworthy.

More. Give me more. For four years. More.

Noteworthy, yes.

Voteworthy, no.

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

In case I haven't already said it, Peter Meijer is very impressive.  I'd vote for him. I realize that if he loses his House seat in 2022 he'll just go back to being a rich grocery store scion but, still ... he's hitting them out of the park. 

So he’s like basically Johnny Sack’s good twin brother?

3 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Double major in Infectious Diseases 

This belongs in the Russia thread. I don't care. Because it actually belongs in this thread too. This is courage. This is living under authoritarian rule, where the elections are not free and fair. That 'white' nationalism that a percentage of the country believes will solve all their problems? Here is a country which is overwhelmingly 'white,' and yet, they have problems. For this man, the problem is staying alive. He could have stayed in Germany--he knew returning to Russia would lead to his incarceration and most likely, death. But you want to see courage? Republicans should have looked to Russia not for funding, but for how you stand up to a dictator.

6 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I ran into a lady who was celebrating the Capitol insurrection because the "Constitution requires Congress to certify the vote by the 6th". Any vote to certify after midnight would be unconstitutional and Trump now had to remain President.

I've learned to immediately walk away.

Edited by pacman

On 1/18/2021 at 10:12 AM, Brisketexan said:

Know what MLK DIDN’T say? “1776! This is a revolution! Execute The Speaker and VP!”

The GOP has no moral ground on which to stand, in any respect. None. It’s just a nihilist terrorist death cult.

That may be true, but I hear their cheese dip is on point....so....

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

If an important part of your election strategy is keeping people from voting, then your political position’s are unpopular and suck.

Yeah this whole idea that everyone should get an election trophy is the biggest snowflake bullshit I’ve ever heard.

You want the GOP to win elections, Ms. O’Lenick? How about y’all stop being a party of selfish, authoritarian assholes?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Yeah this whole idea that everyone should get an election trophy is the biggest snowflake bullshit I’ve ever heard.

You want the GOP to win elections, Ms. O’Lenick? How about y’all stop being a party of selfish, authoritarian assholes?

The problem is, that's exactly what they are.  They don't recognize it, so to them there is nothing to change.

• Hook 'Em 1

Reminder that the last Republican president prior to Trump left office in the midst of 2 full-scale foreign wars, historic unpopularity, and an economic crisis. Trump leaves in the midst of a deadly pandemic, historic unpopularity, and an economic crisis.

It's like these people may not be the best stewards of our government. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

If an important part of your election strategy is keeping people from voting, then your political position’s are unpopular and suck.

But practical.

1992 - D got most votes.

1996 - D got most votes.

2000 - D got most votes.

2004 - R got most votes.

2008 - D got most votes.

2012 - D got most votes.

2016 - D got most votes.

2020 - D got most votes.

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

But practical.

1992 - D got most votes.

1996 - D got most votes.

2000 - D got most votes.

2004 - R got most votes.*

2008 - D got most votes.

2012 - D got most votes.

2016 - D got most votes.

2020 - D got most votes.

*If 119,000 voters switched in Ohio, Kerry would have won the election while losing the popular vote by about 2.9 million.  Then we would have seen the the Electoral College abolished forever. 

So close. 

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

Reminder that the last Republican president prior to Trump left office in the midst of 2 full-scale foreign wars, historic unpopularity, and an economic crisis. Trump leaves in the midst of a deadly pandemic, historic unpopularity, and an economic crisis.

It's like these people may not be the best stewards of our government. 

you forgot the civil war part, but yes, those things too

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This belongs in the Russia thread. I don't care. Because it actually belongs in this thread too. This is courage. This is living under authoritarian rule, where the elections are not free and fair. That 'white' nationalism that a percentage of the country believes will solve all their problems? Here is a country which is overwhelmingly 'white,' and yet, they have problems. For this man, the problem is staying alive. He could have stayed in Germany--he knew returning to Russia would lead to his incarceration and most likely, death. But you want to see courage? Republicans should have looked to Russia not for funding, but for how you stand up to a dictator.

this dude has brass balls. however, his isotopes are most definitely not properly aligned

advantage aggy

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult