The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yeah, literally ain't nobody got time for that

Y'all need to be more respectful of the future Speaker of the House.

I'm not kidding, not even a little bit.  He and those like him are the future of the GOP.  Bask in the shit.  Smear it all over yourself.  Get the full "America" experience.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'd have to listen to that crazy bitch rant to learn exactly what she said and life is too short for that.

I can't. All full up on crazy. 

Oh, I don't either. I listened to a lot of Trump's speeches or read the transcripts and that was enough for me.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So, I guess this is just how things are now?

Ugh, she is a piece of work. She is also treading on very shaky ground. While there are a number of people who buy into the 'crisis actor' stuff, there are a greater number that are going to start calling the Moms Demand group and if she gets them even madder than they already are, whoooo boy....

• Rage+1 3

Hopefully the lawyers can explain something to me. So, I realize that Alex Jones recently lost a court case surrounding Sandy Hook and the crisis actors bullshit that apparently is going to open his ass up to a number of lawsuits and, fingers crossed, bankrupt that motherfucker into eternity. I can't remember any of the details of the case and why it opened him to liability. But would anything similar be attributable to potato face barbie who spouts conspiracy theories as well? What if Sydney Powell was a house representative? She's being sued. Why not this dipshit and those like her?

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hopefully the lawyers can explain something to me. So, I realize that Alex Jones recently lost a court case surrounding Sandy Hook and the crisis actors bullshit that apparently is going to open his ass up to a number of lawsuits and, fingers crossed, bankrupt that motherfucker into eternity. I can't remember any of the details of the case and why it opened him to liability. But would anything similar be attributable to potato face barbie who spouts conspiracy theories as well? What if Sydney Powell was a house representative? She's being sued. Why not this dipshit and those like her?

Because all politicians are above the law.

14 hours ago, Pancho said:

Yeah, this isn't dangerous at all.  And how does this constitute Democracy?  Isn't this also a precursor to doing the same for state elections which allows der party to skip gerrymandering altogether?  Leaders that introduce bills like this should be automatically tossed for working against Democracy, an oath they take to protect.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Yeah, this isn't dangerous at all.  And how does this constitute Democracy?  Isn't this also a precursor to doing the same for state elections which allows der party to skip gerrymandering altogether?  Leaders that introduce bills like this should be automatically tossed for working against Democracy, an oath they take to protect.  

It's not just on-brand for the GOP now.  It's their only brand.  They have made it very clear -- any semblance of an active democracy, where all eligible people have easy access to the ballot box -- is utterly incompatible with the GOP's future hold on power.  Thus, it must be opposed at all costs.

They've already supported massive disenfranchisement efforts.

They've already supported a violent insurrection.

They'll go all the way.  Elections are rapidly becoming irrelevant to their strategies to hold on to power.  Completely irrelevant.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

It's up to Arizonans to vote them out. Not much else that can be done. The structure that makes those sort of shenanigans possible is the same structure that makes the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact possible.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thats all great. But the point is that these people think this is a good idea. It's the folks in charge and those who continue to elect them that are the concern here. It is only getting worse. 

This.  It's full buy-in by the GOP and GOP voters.  They have decided on their path.

They saw the path of "perhaps we modify our ideas and platform to get enough votes to win elections."  They utterly rejected it.

They chose the path of "let's do an end-around on elections, including violent coup if necessary."  That's fucking bad.  And they are only increasing their commitment to that path.

• Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Y'all need to be more respectful of the future Speaker of the House.

I'm not kidding, not even a little bit.  He and those like him are the future of the GOP.  Bask in the shit.  Smear it all over yourself.  Get the full "America" experience.

Yeah Hawley and Cruz are jockeying to take Trump's spot, but this idiot is the one that has a better shot.  This one and those two loony new women.  Gym Jordan is too dorky and meatheadish. Lindsey is too gay. Hot Wheels junior is too young.  But Gaetz acts like a true believer and is dumb enough that trumpists buy in because he talks like they do.

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse

Why is it that EVERY elected Republican is fighting and fighting and fighting... and when a punch is thrown they all yell... It Wasn't me!!!!

The GOP is a party of insecure snowflakes... always has been.

Caps because the GOP does not give a shit about the thousands that died today. Nor the thousands that will die tomorrow.  They are all whores, who would be just as comfortable in Putins Russia as they are here, in the what is currently the democratic United Statesd

• Like 1

Wanna know what the GOP is dealing with, and why they will cave?

Here ya go, from a Trumpkin:

I didn’t write this. I copied it from a GAB post. I put it in the notes on my phone. Every GOP rep will get it posted in their comments:

An open letter to House Representatives #KevinMcCarthy and #MattGaetz

Gentlemen:

I hope you will forgive my lack of an introduction. While my name is not important to the conversation, stating it publicly will only invite insult and attack.

With the recent news that President Trump will remain a member of—and continue to support—the Republican Party, I would like to convey to you my stance on the matter. I am only one Trump supporter, but I feel my view on this matter is common among my fellow voters.

In 2016, and again in 2020, I voted as a Republican to support Donald J. Trump for President. In both of those election periods, support for Donald Trump by the Republican party was, at best, tepid. Few Republicans in Congress threw their full support behind my candidate, even though I was a voting member of their party. Adding in the 75 million additional voters that supported President Trump, I feel it safe to say that Republicans, by and large, ignored the will of their party majority. This did not go unnoticed.

Today Mr. McCarthy announced that he reached an agreement with President Trump to help the Republicans win back the house and senate in 2022. Let me be clear, gentlemen. My support as a voter—and my financial contributions—are 100% loyal to President Trump and his vision for America. I have no interest in supporting the Republican Party. I have no desire to vote for any Republican in the 2022 or 2024 election cycle. I will not contribute to any campaign, cause, or fundraiser announced by the Republican Party. Your lack of support—and dare I say, overt betrayal—as a party to myself as a voter, and to President Trump, will not be forgotten or forgiven. Bluntly speaking, gentlemen, your party fucked itself.

Because of your betrayal of the American people, the future of my children and grandchildren is in question. The liberty and freedoms we enjoy as Americans are now in dire straits because Republicans lacked the backbone to save our country, instead choosing to save their own political careers. Although you, as individuals, may not carry the full burden of guilt, you are members of the party that does, and—in my view—just as guilty.

You may regard my vote and campaign contributions as too small to be of concern. However, I feel it a safe bet that there are 70+ million fellow voters nodding their heads in agreement with everything I stated here.

As I have said, my support is with Donald Trump. If he asks me to donate or to support a particular candidate, I will consider it because the man I fully support has asked it of me. But if President Trump fails to ask, I will fail to deliver, both at the ballot box and the donation box. This is my solemn promise to you both.

I have no interest in your response. I have no interest in your television interviews, your speeches, or your promises to do right by America. When I needed you, your party wasn’t there. That tells me everything I need to know.

Respectfully,

A proud Trump supporter

(bolding is mine).

That’s not an outlier.  It’s the bulk of the GOP voting base.  You think we’re nuts for continuing to discuss Trump.  We’re not, and this is why.  The GOP adopted a platform of “whatever Trump says,” and the base enthusiastically agreed.  Trumpism.... which is a nihilist death cult/grift/fascist movement….is the only thing that the GOP is anymore.  And the GOP better bend and bow for him, or else -- see the bolded text.  If they want those votes, they have to do whatever Trump says, whatever Trump wants.  Rest assured, they will do just that.  Trump is either the king or the kingmaker, for as long as he lives.

Look at this insanity.  Don’t look away.  This is the horror we will continue to face, every day.  Sleep tight!

Meanwhile, I’ll still be out here on the ledge.  It's the only rational place to be.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

So proud he’s afraid to share his name. Maybe they haven’t put the hoods back on in real life yet, but this guy is doing it virtually. 

If all the internet was like the letters to the editor with full name and address verified, a lot of the shennannigans would stop that's for sure.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:41 PM, Sawbonz said:

This dumb motherfucker flew to another state during a pandemic to talk shit about a party leader

So they lost both chambers of Congress and the White House.

And now they are putting their efforts into dragging their fellow Republicans through the mud.

I like it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hopefully the lawyers can explain something to me. So, I realize that Alex Jones recently lost a court case surrounding Sandy Hook and the crisis actors bullshit that apparently is going to open his ass up to a number of lawsuits and, fingers crossed, bankrupt that motherfucker into eternity. I can't remember any of the details of the case and why it opened him to liability. 

InfoWars and its staff were dragging those families through absolute shit, claiming they were lying about having dead kids, lying about having kids, etc.  

And the thing was, he and his staff wouldn't stop.  They could have stirred shit up, made the claims they are hearing there were crisis actors, etc. and then moved on to the next scandal.

But for whatever reason, they just couldn't stop with attacking the families, and railing their supporters to do so.  Jones and Co. decided to make this a hill to die upon.  And die upon it, they are.

Shit, Alex couldn't even stop his wife from running a train on him during their divorce.  This is going to be brutal.  And fun to watch.  One of those families will get to sell off his MRAP.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Ugh, she is a piece of work. She is also treading on very shaky ground. While there are a number of people who buy into the 'crisis actor' stuff, there are a greater number that are going to start calling the Moms Demand group and if she gets them even madder than they already are, whoooo boy....

Yep, would like to see her full-on tangle with those moms.  She would come out on the losing end of that.

And she's dumb enough to take the bait.

Wanna know what the GOP is dealing with, and why they will cave?
Here ya go, from a Trumpkin:
 I didn’t write this. I copied it from a GAB post. I put it in the notes on my phone. Every GOP rep will get it posted in their comments:
An open letter to House Representatives #KevinMcCarthy and #MattGaetz
Gentlemen:
I hope you will forgive my lack of an introduction. While my name is not important to the conversation, stating it publicly will only invite insult and attack.
With the recent news that President Trump will remain a member of—and continue to support—the Republican Party, I would like to convey to you my stance on the matter. I am only one Trump supporter, but I feel my view on this matter is common among my fellow voters.
In 2016, and again in 2020, I voted as a Republican to support Donald J. Trump for President. In both of those election periods, support for Donald Trump by the Republican party was, at best, tepid. Few Republicans in Congress threw their full support behind my candidate, even though I was a voting member of their party. Adding in the 75 million additional voters that supported President Trump, I feel it safe to say that Republicans, by and large, ignored the will of their party majority. This did not go unnoticed.
Today Mr. McCarthy announced that he reached an agreement with President Trump to help the Republicans win back the house and senate in 2022. Let me be clear, gentlemen. My support as a voter—and my financial contributions—are 100% loyal to President Trump and his vision for America. I have no interest in supporting the Republican Party. I have no desire to vote for any Republican in the 2022 or 2024 election cycle. I will not contribute to any campaign, cause, or fundraiser announced by the Republican Party. Your lack of support—and dare I say, overt betrayal—as a party to myself as a voter, and to President Trump, will not be forgotten or forgiven. Bluntly speaking, gentlemen, your party fucked itself.
Because of your betrayal of the American people, the future of my children and grandchildren is in question. The liberty and freedoms we enjoy as Americans are now in dire straits because Republicans lacked the backbone to save our country, instead choosing to save their own political careers. Although you, as individuals, may not carry the full burden of guilt, you are members of the party that does, and—in my view—just as guilty.
You may regard my vote and campaign contributions as too small to be of concern. However, I feel it a safe bet that there are 70+ million fellow voters nodding their heads in agreement with everything I stated here.
As I have said, my support is with Donald Trump. If he asks me to donate or to support a particular candidate, I will consider it because the man I fully support has asked it of me. But if President Trump fails to ask, I will fail to deliver, both at the ballot box and the donation box. This is my solemn promise to you both.
I have no interest in your response. I have no interest in your television interviews, your speeches, or your promises to do right by America. When I needed you, your party wasn’t there. That tells me everything I need to know.
Respectfully,
A proud Trump supporter
(bolding is mine).
That’s not an outlier.  It’s the bulk of the GOP voting base.  You think we’re nuts for continuing to discuss Trump.  We’re not, and this is why.  The GOP adopted a platform of “whatever Trump says,” and the base enthusiastically agreed.  Trumpism.... which is a nihilist death cult/grift/fascist movement….is the only thing that the GOP is anymore.  And the GOP better bend and bow for him, or else -- see the bolded text.  If they want those votes, they have to do whatever Trump says, whatever Trump wants.  Rest assured, they will do just that.  Trump is either the king or the kingmaker, for as long as he lives.
 Look at this insanity.  Don’t look away.  This is the horror we will continue to face, every day.  Sleep tight!
 Meanwhile, I’ll still be out here on the ledge.  It's the only rational place to be.
I used to enjoy small town newspapers when travelling throughout this great state.
That's sounds like the exact shit youd see now in the Dolphin Talk or the Fredericksburg Fuck you snow flake knewspsperz or whatever they call it now. They all snort it like coke.

My small town mom is already on to how Biden has destroyed the economy in Houston with his climate positions. Yeah the industry was great pre 1-20....

10 hours ago, Born to Run said:

(bolding is mine).
I used to enjoy small town newspapers when travelling throughout this great state.
That's sounds like the exact shit youd see now in the Dolphin Talk or the Fredericksburg Fuck you snow flake knewspsperz or whatever they call it now. They all snort it like coke.

My small town mom is already on to how Biden has destroyed the economy in Houston with his climate positions. Yeah the industry was great pre 1-20....

What the GOP is attempting is to tighten their hold on the states where they have a built in advantage (like Wyoming) and spend this time, two years out, cementing that hold and getting the hard core voting base to install their chosen ones. Matt's great white adventure was two-fold: they want to shut out the reasonable voices--the 'hey, wait a minute' types like Cheney, throw up a trial balloon for secession states (that benefits the mafia, oligarchy, sow division back up plan) to see how that flies and to sow more division that will tie up state's time and money, and finally, spread the image to the rest of the base in other states that Trump is still active and surging forward in order to keep them engaged and in their bubble.

Once they get that taken care of, then they turn their focus on other efforts they have already put in place: changing voter laws, voter suppression, intimidation, infiltrating institutions and various agencies, election commissions, data collection, and of course they always have their propaganda networks.

It is the Gorgon GOP and we're gonna need an army of Perseuses--Perseusi? in order to defeat them.

• Like 2

One other thing that they know that we regular folks don't is what the outcome of the trash Census they oversaw is going to be. I'm not disparaging the feet on the ground Census takers, but the administration in charge of it. Pardon my skepticism but the USPS is exhibit A in the short game method, while the Census is the long game ten year plan of how to manipulate numbers. As long as the EC is in play, this is what they're going to go after---cement states then begin grabbing the white college vote through the AF programs they fund on campuses (if it peels off minority votes to their side then that is their bonus), shore up strongholds in whatever suburbs they can (i.e. some are lost, but there are plenty of GOP suburban pockets) and sharpen their knives for everyone else so they can leave the bulk of their late stage money towards areas that will swing elections. Look at what they're doing in Michigan and Pennsylvania already.

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult