The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

What do you think the principles of the GOP are at this moment? 

Appoint conservative judges?

Address no issue of substance legislatively beyond tax cuts that create massive deficits?

I honestly can't think of anything other than shit that either will fuck up the environment, fuck up our infrastructure, or fuck up our economy long term.  For some reason the GOP always decides to accelerate the pace of borrowing when a good economy is inherited by a Republican President.  Which of course fucks up the economy, gets another Dem elected President, and because the economy is so shitty and we borrow way to fucking much money when times were good, we can't borrow and spend on REAL STIMULUS.

Hard to believe the party I used to be a proud member of is so lacking of principles and forward thinking.

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I would think they would have to have a state constitutional change to do so.   But then I didn't read the articles. 

No worries, the Republican legislature in Michigan is also trying to force some changes.  Such as granting the Legislature the power to intervene on legal proceedings involving the state. Since they don't own the AG position anymore.

And moving oversight of campaign finance law from the SOS to a commission with both parties.  Because now they don't own the SOS position anymore.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No worries, the Republican legislature in Michigan is also trying to force some changes.  Such as granting the Legislature the power to intervene on legal proceedings involving the state. Since they don't own the AG position anymore.

And moving oversight of campaign finance law from the SOS to a commission with both parties.  Because now they don't own the SOS position anymore.

Yeah I read the Wisconsin article.  The move to intervene seems to be a preemptive move because I am sure the ACLU and others are going to take this to court.  Being able to intervene would give them a leg up.  It will be interesting to watch, and watch how the Ds react to all this, what their strategy will be.  I hope these kind of antics are kept in the public's view and keep fueling the blue wave.   They lost several seats in each state, while red flipped none.  That is a sign that people are coming out of their voting lethargy. 

On 11/30/2018 at 10:54 AM, horn4life said:

What do you think the principles of the GOP are at this moment? 

Appoint conservative judges?

Address no issue of substance legislatively beyond tax cuts that create massive deficits?

I honestly can't think of anything other than shit that either will fuck up the environment, fuck up our infrastructure, or fuck up our economy long term.  For some reason the GOP always decides to accelerate the pace of borrowing when a good economy is inherited by a Republican President.  Which of course fucks up the economy, gets another Dem elected President, and because the economy is so shitty and we borrow way to fucking much money when times were good, we can't borrow and spend on REAL STIMULUS.

Hard to believe the party I used to be a proud member of is so lacking of principles and forward thinking.

Principles are for beta cucks. Alphas know it’s all about owning the libs.

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

I assume this is a reference to Trump’s behavior on Twitter? I’ve been very critical of him in that regard as well. 

I thought it was in reference to that time you mentioned using enemas for recreation.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:27 AM, Celery Man said:

On 12/4/2018 at 11:48 AM, Chooky said:

1399703_642355133716_960037572_o.jpg

It never fails that these white nationalist types always look like they were scraping for leftovers at the bottom of the gene pool and left with a few chromosomes too many.  Always the weirder looking losers of the white race.

26 minutes ago, happyfunball said:

I hate everything about the Falwells but that tweet seems defamatory. To go from "friendly relationship," as stated in the suit, to a three-way is a big leap, and to state any of it as fact right now can get you in hot water. Maybe, probably, could be that's how it went down and Cohen latched on to it, but it's all still unproven. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I hate everything about the Falwells but that tweet seems defamatory. To go from "friendly relationship," as stated in the suit, to a three-way is a big leap, and to state any of it as fact right now can get you in hot water. Maybe, probably, could be that's how it went down and Cohen latched on to it, but it's all still unproven. 

Defamation is a high bar for public figures. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Defamation is a high bar for public figures. 

True, and again, this blast is directed against one of the people I hate the most in America right now, but I just see tweets like that contributing to this ongoing war on the truth and good journalism. Another version of these events I've heard was that Falwell III was the one who hooked up with the pool boy, and daddy wanted to set them up in business and rake off some of the cash. It's all super sleazy but if the guy who tweeted that works for a responsible media outlet he should be forced to retract and correct and / or be suspended or fired. 

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

True, and again, this blast is directed against one of the people I hate the most in America right now, but I just see tweets like that contributing to this ongoing war on the truth and good journalism. Another version of these events I've heard was that Falwell III was the one who hooked up with the pool boy, and daddy wanted to set them up in business and rake off some of the cash. It's all super sleazy but if the guy who tweeted that works for a responsible media outlet he should be forced to retract and correct and / or be suspended or fired. 

I'm starting to get a better understanding of the Hugh Freeze hire.

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult