The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

This article is from last fall, but it is a good read when it comes to the Administration (excluding Trump) and Pompeo, et al. The podcast about The Family has been mentioned on Surly several times, but it always bears repeating.

https://medium.com/@yewtree2/why-and-to-what-have-mike-pompeo-and-william-barr-sold-their-souls-2e862932663b

Some excerpts:

Why, And To What, Have Mike Pompeo and William Barr Sold Their Souls

Mike Pompeo is a long-time, far-right Christian zealot with Islamophobe ties who led Trump’s CIA and now dubiously ‘serves’ as the authoritarian, Evangelical, Islamophobic, misogynistic, Trump-loving, Apocalypse-yearning, wholly compromised U.S. Secretary of State. ...The Mercer/Koch/DeVos billionaire government coup has stuck these raving lunatics everywhere — into every nook and cranny. People keep looking to these operatives to instil order and sanity, but that’s like entrusting the chickens to the foxes. Even Kelly is a Fundamentalist Right-Wing Catholic, like Conway and Bannon, and no help with anything remotely sane will be forthcoming from their ranks. ...

The Atlas Network has heavily infiltrated a shadowy ‘Judeo-Christian’ secret society, called ‘The Family,’ that is centred in Washington D.C. but which maintains chapters throughout the world, including within the Vatican City. Also known as The Fellowship, the Family is a secretive Fundamentalist Christian association led by Douglas Coe. Like Bannon, The Family elevates nihilistic fascist leaders they liken to Jesus. The secret society’s basic philosophy is that, if a man is powerful, he can’t do wrong....The logic informing this astonishing credo is that, if a man is powerful, he has been put into that position of power by God — like unto the flawed but elect figures of King David, Moses, or Solomon — and so it is The Family’s duty to serve them. For reasons of His own, God has anointed his ‘chosen,’ and so the organization must obey their edicts and serve powerful men with an unquestioning and un-judgmental authoritarianism, hence the slavish adherence to Trump. Like King David, Trump does apparent wrong [David desired Batsheba and so murdered her husband to possess her], but God in His inscrutable wisdom has appointed Trump to supreme worldly power, and so it is the duty of the Christian ‘Fellowship’ to support him in every way possible.

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But here's the thing - the hypocrisy doesn't stop them.  Shit, it doesn't even slow them down.  

I agree but previously it was common to engage with them now they are just dismissed with laughter. They have reached flat earther status in national politics which is a good thing.

35 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is very common, this was also a thing when the Royals were making appearances in the World Series a few years ago. Nobody cares about Missouri or Kansas to know the difference.

32 minutes ago, F250 said:

I agree but previously it was common to engage with them now they are just dismissed with laughter. They have reached flat earther status in national politics - but due to the function of how the Senate is elected, and thus the electoral college, they will continue to run the executive branch and the sole check on the executive branch for the foreseeable future - which is a fatal flaw.

FIF how fucked we truly are.  We're a crookedmoronocracy.

26 minutes ago, F250 said:

This is very common, this was also a thing when the Royals were making appearances in the World Series a few years ago. Nobody cares about Missouri or Kansas to know the difference.

The gradual acceptance, or even promotion, of ignorance over the past decade-plus from our highest elected politicians is genuinely upsetting to me.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Morons.  We are led by morons.

There should be a basic aptitude test required for all people seeking public office. Just some basics on geography, government functions, international relations, reading, writing and arithmetic. A low score would not preclude anybody from running, but the public would know the score of each candidate and would be able to judge them accordingly. 

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

The hack of the group is spiritually aligned with Trump Jr. while the genius who wrote and produced their best songs and albums thinks he and Junior can go fuck themselves.

Sounds about right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This needs a LOT of sun shining on it. There are probably hundreds of these for the party and not enough people to run down the details. People in Maine need to wake up and retweet and get the word out before it's too late:

From the article.  

It’s not likely that much will come of that complaint. The FEC is currently operating without a quorum of commissioners, meaning it is unable to take any legal action against alleged violators of the laws the commission is charged with enforcing.

14 hours ago, Tom said:

The hack of the group is spiritually aligned with Trump Jr. while the genius who wrote and produced their best songs and albums thinks he and Junior can go fuck themselves.

Sounds about right.

I used to hang out on a Surly-like music industry message board about 15 years ago and "Fuck Mike Love" was kind of a "South Austin's Mom" or "PM Derka" running joke on that board.

83684975_10159542553722942_7736506293724

8 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I used to hang out on a Surly-like music industry message board about 15 years ago and "Fuck Mike Love" was kind of a "South Austin's Mom" or "PM Derka" running joke on that board.

Fuck Mike Love.

I am Chad Fuck, and I approve of this message.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah I was a Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fan back in the day and I remember the Mike Love hate well.

I saw both Brian Wilson's touring band live (2004 Smile Tour) and Mike Love's The Beach Boys and it was no comparison how much better Brian's show was.  I hate that I missed the reunion tour when the living originals all reunited a few years back. 

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Why does Kevin McCarthy's hat look photoshopped? Same for the guy second row (aisle seat) on the left seated next to Gaetz. Heads too big?

I see Jordan has finally found a place where not wearing a jacket doesn't stand out so much, but he's still a jerk. Jerky Gym Jordan.

17 hours ago, Tom said:

Sounds about right.

Brian, like all libtards, suffers from mental illness.  /trumpkin

23 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Fuck Mike Love.

I am Chad Fuck, and I approve of this message.

"I love my Carl
I love my Brian, my Dennis, and my Al
I could even find it in my heart to love Mike Love"

Belle and Sebastian - "I Love My Car"

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

it's too bad that trump has already forgotten the lessons from his past mistakes then

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You know....in an American political landscape where there are so many folks worthy of loathing, it's impressive how she's risen to the top of that group.  She's an utterly worthless piece of shit.  Honestly, her milquetoast appeasment and legitimizing of the admin's bullshittery is arguably worst than the bullshittery itself.  Assholes are assholes, but they don't become POWERFUL assholes without people who enable them.  Collins is the poster-child for the enablers.

Fuck her to hell.  I hope that her page in the history books is just her picture with shit smeared on it.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know....in an American political landscape where there are so many folks worthy of loathing, it's impressive how she's risen to the top of that group.  She's an utterly worthless piece of shit.  Honestly, her milquetoast appeasment and legitimizing of the admin's bullshittery is arguably worst than the bullshittery itself.  Assholes are assholes, but they don't become POWERFUL assholes without people who enable them.  Collins is the poster-child for the enablers.

Fuck her to hell.  I hope that her page in the history books is just her picture with shit smeared on it.

I lost all respect for her after the Kavanaugh hearings.  She's revealed that she's nothing more than an attention whore, who uses her role as a "moderate" "swing vote" to make herself relevant.  Plus, she has to put on airs of moderation to keep her chances of reelection alive in a state where Trumpkins do not hold a solid majority of voters.

She's basically a Republican Joe Manchin.

Just now, DDD Dad said:

I lost all respect for her after the Kavanaugh hearings.  She's revealed that she's nothing more than an attention whore, who uses her role as a "moderate" "swing vote" to make herself relevant.  Plus, she has to put on airs of moderation to keep her chances of reelection alive in a state where Trumpkins do not hold a solid majority of voters.

She's basically a Republican Joe Manchin.

She's basically a spineless self-interested piece of shit.

• Like 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult