The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

If he had shown this kind of backbone in 2008 or 2012, he might have won.

I can't help but reflect in him telling an audience at a state fair about how "Corporations are people, my friend."  Yes, I know the legal underpinnings, but it just rang as out of touch.  Now I'm imagining him, imagining himself saying to that same fellow, "It's OK for foreign countries to interfere in our elections, or for the President to solicit their interference."  A bridge too far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

I can't help but reflect in him telling an audience at a state fair about how "Corporations are people, my friend."  Yes, I know the legal underpinnings, but it just rang as out of touch.  Now I'm imagining him, imagining himself saying to that same fellow, "It's OK for foreign countries to interfere in our elections, or for the President to solicit their interference."  A bridge too far.

Private snowball! You’re fired!

Senator Romney is silly, and he’s ignorant, but he’s got guts and guts is enough. 

And so it begins.

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2020-02-05 CEG RHJ to Secret Service (Biden Travel).pdf

Very very rich considering Mnuchin refuses to release the SS docs regarding Trump & family's SS cost to taxpayers. Deadline was the 3rd and now he is saying after the election. In November.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

And so it begins.

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2020-02-05 CEG RHJ to Secret Service (Biden Travel).pdf

Very very rich considering Mnuchin refuses to release the SS docs regarding Trump & family's SS cost to taxpayers. Deadline was the 3rd and now he is saying after the election. In November.

Yeah this isn’t going to end well. 2020 will perish in flames. 

Yeah this isn’t going to end well. 2020 will perish in flames. 

The GOP has proven that they’re bulletproof. And now they’re going to show you what that means. Failure to respect their absolute authority has consequences. Bend the knee, or lose your head. Gotta make some examples of people.

Gaetz is going after Pelosi for tearing up a copy of a document.  Meanwhile.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

But White House aides realized early on that they were unable to stop Trump from ripping up paper after he was done with it and throwing it in the trash or on the floor, according to people familiar with the practice. Instead, they chose to clean it up for him, in order to make sure that the president wasn’t violating the law.

Staffers had the fragments of paper collected from the Oval Office as well as the private residence and send it over to records management across the street from the White House for Lartey and his colleagues to reassemble.

“We got Scotch tape, the clear kind,” Lartey recalled in an interview. “You found pieces and taped them back together and then you gave it back to the supervisor.” The restored papers would then be sent to the National Archives to be properly filed away.

The best part.

Lartey, 54, and Young, 48, were career government officials who worked together in records management until this spring, when both were abruptly terminated from their jobs. Both are now unemployed and still full of questions about why they were stripped of their badges with no explanation and marched off of the White House grounds by Secret Service.

Edited by TXSG8R

41 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Fitting right in w/ his Mississippi brethren, I see. 

Mike Leach has always been trash but YAR PIRATE AND HE HATES AGGY AND CALLS PLAYERS GIRLFRIENDS FAT so surly/shaggy has a hardon for this dude 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Gaetz smells of desperation and cheap beer of a Sunday morning. When the churches are full and the streets around the bars are full of trash and vomit. That shiny suit and earnestness can't hide his attempts to stay relevant when his GOP peers decided to push him to the fringes.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's incredible.

Whats scary is that article was written in 2018.  The two guys that were going behind the president's back to keep him in compliance got fired.  Im sure it was because they were actually doing their job and getting everything into the archives.  Now?  They can tear up whatever they want and the archives are none the wiser.  

As an aside, what adult tears up papers and just tosses them on the floor, especially in the oval office?  What kind of wanna-be emperor bullshit is that?  Decorum!

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Gaetz smells of desperation and cheap beer of a Sunday morning. When the churches are full and the streets around the bars are full of trash and vomit. That shiny suit and earnestness can't hide his attempts to stay relevant when his GOP peers decided to push him to the fringes.

Probably has more legal standing than the impeachment debacle.  Since there is an actual law being violated. 

Edited by JustBecause
  • Fuck You 13

1 hour ago, JustBecause said:

Probably has more legal standing than the impeachment debacle.  Since there is an actual law being violated. 

biggest reason i don't call myself a republican any more?  everyone associated with them spends all their time demonstrating that they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

lulz at gaetz trying to use pelosi's "nobody is above the law" slogan against her.

not lulz that it may actually work, because nothing matters.

of course it will work. they will be taking everything they can get and turning it into an offensive. 

i honestly don't know how you counter or even get ahead of the game. Its like arguing with stupid. There is no shared platform and there are no longer any shared values. 

Edited by staboner

19 minutes ago, staboner said:

There is no shared platform and there are no longer any shared values. 

This.  There can be no persuasion, negotiation, convincing, or compromise.  The only positive path is complete and total electoral defeat of the opposition.  That's the only way to stop them.  The "no shared values" is the death of this country, though.  Doesn't much matter what happens in the next few elections.  We will be at war with each other, and that means that we've all already lost.

Edited by Brisketexan

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  There can be no persuasion, negotiation, convincing, or compromise.  The only positive path is complete and total electoral defeat of the opposition.  That's the only way to stop them.  The "no shared values" is the death of this country, though.  Doesn't much matter what happens in the next few elections.  We will be at war with each other, and that means that we've all already lost.

It is kind of ironic that the Republican party, that defeated the confederacy in the civil war and ultimately saved the country, has today become the confederacy itself working overtime to destroy the union. 

I personally blame Nixon and the nihilist Southern California Republicans from the 60s like Reagan, who ultimately believed in nothing, even though they pretended not to. 

So basically the Big Lebowski predicted all of this mess. 

• Like 2

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult