The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

58 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not sure where to put this, as it features Biden, but it is Matt Gaetz being his usual misogynistic clueless self. Thinks he is so hip with the slang. Yeah, no Matt, it looks about as good as when TexAgs finally figured out what "Karen"  meant and started using it over the last two weeks.

Trump TV.  Where we've been heading all along.  Where he wanted to be three years ago.

Jim Jordan, member of the House Freedom Caucus, during a Rules Committee meeting on COVID-19. Free from the tyranny of sport coats and masks, he parades his freedom before his constituents in Ohio minus the 610 souls who have perished and the many hospitalized, too ill to watch.

I was watching a show about southern food and culture last night and I think I blame corporations for the destruction of rural America, which ultimately has led us to where we are now.  Walmart, corporate agriculture, and the like came in and drove the local businesses and farms into the ground.  Then the young people saw their options for staying diminishing and the ones who were able went to college and never came back.

Now there is an extreme propaganda movement aimed at these people whose communities are nothing like they were 40-50 years ago.  Blame someone else, pay no attention to the corporations behind the curtain.

Back in the late 80s/early 90s there was a news show story about Walmart decimating local businesses when they moved to town. They showed a city council meeting where they were debating approving Walmart’s development plan. Old after old got up talk about how they wanted Walmart and fuck local businesses. I remember one old lady said she needed a place to buy batteries. The local hardware guy stood and said just pick up the phone and they would deliver them to your door like they’d done for 30 years. She’d have none of it. The olds have always fucking sucked.

• Like 3

On 4/20/2020 at 7:51 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

Darwinism is dead. A victim of modern medicine. 100 years ago most of these idiots would have died off long ago, but thanks to things like antibiotics, trauma care, EMS, etc...they survive and breed. We've done this to ourselves.  

I was recently reading about the ongoing yellow fever epidemic in New Orleans during the 19th century and the virus created sort of a social class system between people who were acclimated to the virus and those that weren’t.

New comers to New Orleans looking to make it big would try to get sick so they could make the claim they were acclimated to yellow fever.  It didn’t matter that the survival rate from yellow fever was around 50% at the time.  Point is, we’ve always been remarkably stupid and nature finds a way. 

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Back in the late 80s/early 90s there was a news show story about Walmart decimating local businesses when they moved to town. They showed a city council meeting where they were debating approving Walmart’s development plan. Old after old got up talk about how they wanted Walmart and fuck local businesses. I remember one old lady said she needed a place to buy batteries. The local hardware guy stood and said just pick up the phone and they would deliver them to your door like they’d done for 30 years. She’d have none of it. The olds have always fucking sucked.

Baby boomers have always sucked. A big part of the reason we’re in this mess. 

• Like 2

The baby boomer voting block became ascendant in 1980 with Reagan and continued on until trumps election in 2016. They are finally dying off now but they have no doubt ruined what was once the greatest country in history. Trump is their legacy. Quite the legacy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Baby boomers have always sucked. A big part of the reason we’re in this mess. 

Actually, the old people in this were already in their late 60s-70s in the late 80s. They were the "greatest generation".  Old people suck. It's just boomers currently.

Edited by CooterBrown

Convenience and cost savings began to make a difference in the 70s.  That's when you started seeing more moms enter the workplace.  Some of that was due to the beginning of the plateauing of wages for the working class.  As the power of the paycheck went down, they wanted/needed more ways to reduce expenses to maintain standard of living.  We are still plateaued, and still trying to cut costs while trying to keep up with this huge push to be hyper consumers.  

It was like a slow leak.  The good years of America being a major producer/exporter got us to expecting a certain level of lifestyle.  Then when the other countries started catching up, particularly the Japanese, then all the sudden we had competition.  That competition cut the power of our dollar, but then we used that weakened dollar to buy from the very competition that weakened it, to make our dollar stretch further.  

There is certainly more to the decline like civil rights, ERA, and Viet Nam.   But overall we came out of a very prosperous era, and did slow incremental compromising to be where we are.    That lady who wanted the batteries from Walmart wanted them because she just knew they'd be a lot cheaper than buying them from old man Sloan's store.  

It's been a progression, wherein most parents want to provide a better future and life for their children than they had.  Unfortunately somewhere along the line the "better future" definition got hijacked by greedy fucks. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I trust him to lie. If he says something, I immediately assume the claim is false. Works out pretty well.

Pretty much. And I think this is way lenient on not capturing whatever the WaPo count of lies is today. They may have just given up.

True: 4%

Mostly True: 10%

Half True: 14%

Mostly False: 21%

False: 34%

Pants of Fire: 14%

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Screw all that science and knowledge, I trust the guy who looks directly at a solar eclipse and who thinks that windmills cause cancer.

Nuke hurricanes.

Redraw Weather Service path projections.

Recommends medicinal cures.

Stealth aircraft are invisible.

LED lightbulbs cause cancer

Asbestos would have prevented the World Trade Center from burning 

Raking forest floors prevents forest fires.

Taking coal out of the ground and cleaning it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Nuke hurricanes.

my god, when you catalog it like that, it's breathtaking, the ignorance.

47 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Nuke hurricanes.

don't forget...windmills cause cancer

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Over on the old site, there were a bunch of posters who got many, many months of belly laughs out of a candidate getting tongue tied and saying 57 instead of 47. Do you think they think that list is as funny?

They're too busy flushing their toilets over and over and over and over and over and over again.

15 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The baby boomer voting block became ascendant in 1980 with Reagan and continued on until trumps election in 2016. They are finally dying off now but they have no doubt ruined what was once the greatest country in history. Trump is their legacy. Quite the legacy. 

The Boomers unleashing both hippies and yuppies on the world says a lot about that generation.

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Nuke hurricanes.

Don't forget the U.S. Navy should go back to using steam.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Inject/drink disinfectants

Shine UV light inside bodies

Nuke hurricanes.

Had to update my list.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I anxiously wait for the day all the people who claim to be sons of the Confederacy find out there forefathers never actually fought. It won’t matter to them, but to me it will.

The problem is that these days there are a lot of them whose forefathers fought for the Union. 

At the Wisconsin protest this week:

Wisconsin has a beautiful state Capitol building; IIRC it is the third built on the site and sits atop a rise at the opposite of UW down the expanse of the wonderful and eclectic State street. In the spring the tulips bloom on the grounds surrounding the building and there is (or at least there was when we live there) a Farmer's Market every weekend.

They have eyes but they cannot see.

Do they even know who built that beautiful building of stone? Immigrants. Italian immigrants specifically. Wonderful stonecutters and laborers who came to America and settled in the nearby marshy area around the lakes. The Greenbush area was bulldozed for urban redevelopment in the 1960's and vibrant connected neighborhoods were lost. Our old landlord there (now deceased) grew up in the 'Bush and he had a lot of stories.

19 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I anxiously wait for the day all the people who claim to be sons of the Confederacy find out there forefathers never actually fought. It won’t matter to them, but to me it will.

My great-great grandfather was a famous confederate calvary officer from Missouri. I’m glad his side lost and they never should have restored that traitor’s voting rights.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

A senator waving the confederate flag should be charged with treason.

58 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

My great-great grandfather was a famous confederate calvary officer from Missouri. I’m glad his side lost and they never should have restored that traitor’s voting rights.

Yup. Hope none of my ancestors fought for the confederates but if they did, fuck em. Traitors.

• Like 1

This James G Barr, from Mountain Home Arkansas, has in his Twitter header: Encouraging the worthy life. Asking questions. Seeking simplicity without simplifiction (Not sure if the 'simplifiction,' is intentional cause Arkansas). He asked a question after Mikey Kay criticized Tom Cotton's China take but the answer took the wind out of his sails....

This James G Barr, from Mountain Home Arkansas, has in his Twitter header: Encouraging the worthy life. Asking questions. Seeking simplicity without simplifiction (Not sure if the 'simplifiction,' is intentional cause Arkansas). He asked a question after Mikey Kay criticized Tom Cotton's China take but the answer took the wind out of his sails....

[/url]  

Already deleted the tweet lol. Imagine getting dunked on that hard.

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult