The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Jonah Goldberg is a semi-respectable conservative thought guy. Writes for the semi-respectable National Review. Hates Trump. Fun Fact: His mom convinced Linda Tripp to tape those conversations she had with Monica Lewinsky. (Yes, there actually was a vast rightwing conspiracy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucianne_Goldberg#The_Tripp_tapes).

Michelle Malkin is a positively insane grifter who wrote a book defending Japanese internment during WWII and has articles published in a website that traffics in Holocaust denial. There is nothing this woman will not say or do for the ever lucrative incel fanbase. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Interesting article (sorry if the research has a bit of Aggy on it): The Trump effect: New study connects white American intolerance and support for authoritarianism

"Social intolerance isn't just leading to GOP support as we know it and see it now," Miller says. "It's leading to preferences in favor of the kind of candidate the GOP ultimately nominated and supported for president." In embracing the politics of white identity, then, the GOP made a Trump possible — and is likely to make more Trump-like candidates successful in the future.

More Trump-like candidates are already being sworn in as Federal judges.  However, this is only about bigotry to the idiot foot soldiers.  Those pulling the strings want an aristocracy.  Guess who won't like the aristocracy?  

For those that don't remember, Higgins is the guy who filmed a military propaganda video inside an Auschwitz gas chamber.
https://www.nola.com/news/article_7ca26d68-b127-5937-b833-b36979ef5e91.html

If you’d like to see this shitbag lose, go donate some money to his Democratic opponent, Rob Anderson.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/robmob

And go follow him on Twitter - he’s very awesome and funny.

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

If Libertarians thought Trump would support civil liberties, they’re even dumber than I thought.

I doubt that claim is accurate. The 2016 election was a peak performance for the LP in regards to percentage of votes and party registrations as the real goal was reaching the magical 5% line.

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Long but good read. Lots of history being drawn upon to explain what is happening today.

I would encourage everyone on this site that doesn’t have their head shoved up Dotard’s ass to read that. That article is long, but it clearly articulated what is happening and why no one stands up to Dotard in his party.

Edited by UpperWestside

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I would encourage everyone on this site that doesn’t have their head shoved up Dotard’s ass to read that.

I would encourage everyone on this site who does have their head shoved up Trump’s ass to read that, and to reflect on how history and their ancestors will view them. As fools. Cowards. Traitors.

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I would encourage everyone on this site who does have their head shoved up Trump’s ass to read that, and to reflect on how history and their ancestors will view them. As fools. Cowards. Traitors.

They won’t get past the first paragraph. I agree they should, but they won’t because the psychology of it will melt the last three functioning brain cells they have. 

Whatever awards journalists get for articles like that one, well that one deserves one. So clear, concise and right to the point that is the heart of the matter.

Rick Wilson is such a Republican in spirit still. I'm glad he is on the side of getting Biden elected but you wonder if his heart is really in staying a Democrat. I doubt it. I think he wants to rebuild the Republican party after clearing out the Trumpanzees and Neo-Nazis and corrupted NRA politicians. I don't know but he is a fucking bloodless shark critter for sure.

There needs to be a conservative party to counterbalance the progressive or liberal party.

But it can actually be free of -ism, culture war, and a desire to move backward, while also attempting to insure that government, particularly federal government, doesn't become the solution to everything, trying to cost-benefit things, and just generally insure that progress is measured, but progress nonetheless.

It might even free up the Democrats to become ultra-liberal or kind of centrist-y.  Or maybe even spark a third party.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There needs to be a conservative party to counterbalance the progressive or liberal party.

But it can actually be free of -ism, culture war, and a desire to move backward, while also attempting to insure that government, particularly federal government, doesn't become the solution to everything, trying to cost-benefit things, and just generally insure that progress is measured, but progress nonetheless.

It might even free up the Democrats to become ultra-liberal or kind of centrist-y.  Or maybe even spark a third party.

The destruction of a healthy conservative movement by Trumpism is a real tragedy. We’re not going to get back on track until this current iteration is destroyed to the point of forcing real reform among the red team.  I don’t think we will get there in my lifetime.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The destruction of a healthy conservative movement by Trumpism is a real tragedy. We’re not going to get back on track until this current iteration is destroyed to the point of forcing real reform among the red team.  I don’t think we will get there in my lifetime.

The problem is anyone with a rational brain has moved to the center, if not left.  There are certainly some fiscal conservatives left, but there isn't a spot for them anywhere near the current GOP.  The 30% that make up the current GOP aren't going away.  The only hope for fiscal conservatives at this point is to ally with the left.  The right must be destroyed before it can be rebuilt.  That's going to take a long while.

20 hours ago, elfenix said:

matt gaetz, human beer bong, wants the military to hunt down US citizens for their speech 

2020-06-02-16-49-12.png

Twitter says fake "Antifa" account was run by white supremacists

Twitter has shut down multiple accounts that it says were operated by a white supremacist group posing as liberal groups encouraging violence.

Twitter said the white supremacist group Identity Evropa used one fake account, @Antifa_US, to call for violence in majority white suburbs, in the name of the Black Lives Matter movement. The account's removal was first reported by NBC News.

"This account violated our platform manipulation and spam policy, specifically the creation of fake accounts. We took action after the account sent a Tweet inciting violence and broke the Twitter Rules" the company said...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fake-antifa-acount-white-supremacists-removal/

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Twitter has shut down multiple accounts that it says were operated by a white supremacist group posing as liberal groups encouraging violence.

Twitter said the white supremacist group Identity Evropa used one fake account, @Antifa_US, to call for violence in majority white suburbs, in the name of the Black Lives Matter movement. The account's removal was first reported by NBC News.

"This account violated our platform manipulation and spam policy, specifically the creation of fake accounts. We took action after the account sent a Tweet inciting violence and broke the Twitter Rules" the company said...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fake-antifa-acount-white-supremacists-removal/

What a coincidence. So is our executive branch

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Huh.  Can we hunt down white supremacists and those who aid and abet them?  I mean, if that's the case, old Matt better strap on his running shoes.

• Like 2

JFC on this Tom Cotton op-ed in the Failing New York Times.  And seriously whoever made the decision to publish this should join the unemployed.  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/03/opinion/tom-cotton-protests-military.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

A sample:

Some elites have excused this orgy of violence in the spirit of radical chic, calling it an understandable response to the wrongful death of George Floyd. Those excuses are built on a revolting moral equivalence of rioters and looters to peaceful, law-abiding protesters. A majority who seek to protest peacefully shouldn’t be confused with bands of miscreants.

These rioters, if not subdued, not only will destroy the livelihoods of law-abiding citizens but will also take more innocent lives. Many poor communities that still bear scars from past upheavals will be set back still further.

One thing above all else will restore order to our streets: an overwhelming show of force to disperse, detain and ultimately deter lawbreakers. But local law enforcement in some cities desperately needs backup, while delusional politicians in other cities refuse to do what’s necessary to uphold the rule of law.

JFC on this Tom Cotton op-ed in the Failing New York Times.  And seriously whoever made the decision to publish this should join the unemployed.  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/03/opinion/tom-cotton-protests-military.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

A sample:

Some elites have excused this orgy of violence in the spirit of radical chic, calling it an understandable response to the wrongful death of George Floyd. Those excuses are built on a revolting moral equivalence of rioters and looters to peaceful, law-abiding protesters. A majority who seek to protest peacefully shouldn’t be confused with bands of miscreants.

These rioters, if not subdued, not only will destroy the livelihoods of law-abiding citizens but will also take more innocent lives. Many poor communities that still bear scars from past upheavals will be set back still further.

One thing above all else will restore order to our streets: an overwhelming show of force to disperse, detain and ultimately deter lawbreakers. But local law enforcement in some cities desperately needs backup, while delusional politicians in other cities refuse to do what’s necessary to uphold the rule of law.

On the contrary, let the authoritarians out themselves. Tom will probably do OK with that in Arkansas, for now. But soon he’ll be relegated to shouting from the sidelines. This op ed will eventually be used as a mirror. He’s not going to like what he sees there.

• Like 2

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult